Divorce.. what the hell does this mean..?

13»

Comments

• I've made myself laugh now - never thought I'd tell anyone else that image
  • I don't get the thing about the loo seat. If it's up, I'll put it down... but like Screamy, the lid's usually down.

However while we're on the subject... leaving soap spatters on the tiles from scrubbing nails is annoying as they're a pain to get off when dried on. image

Mr S has OCD - if I've emptied the bin, he eyeballs me until I've washed my hands. But hey it's all compromise...

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

I don't understand the loo seat thing either!

Who knows who's going to be the next to use it? 

I'm capable of putting it down if it's up.  He's capable of putting it up if it's down.  What's the big deal?

The lid gets put down when I'm watching him shower   imageimage

• Roger BaconRoger Bacon ✭✭✭

image   Yay, some sense at last. 

I was half way through a rant about women who think the way they do stuff is the only way there is.  However, I am really a post-feminist, enlightened sort of bloke, so I deleted it.image

• Well said Roger, now get the washing in off the line will you...
  • Roger BaconRoger Bacon ✭✭✭
    ...........yes love, shall I fold it or leave it in a heap on the stairs?
  • CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    To the OP

Sometimes the lights go out and you can't do anything to switch them back on again - your mate either has to live with this and deal with the consequences rationally or continue to keep flicking the switch to no avail... if she don't love you - she don't love you - move on

On the plus side - it's a target rich environment out there in singleton land- happy hunting...
  • popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    Lady Pineapple wrote (see)

This happened to the parents of one of hubby's colleagues.

Years of outwardly 'happy' marriage that actually wasn't so.  She left him when they were in their mid-60s after he'd been more interested in playing golf than offering sympathy when she had a cancer scare (even though it turned out to be a false alarm).

He'd been oblivious to her feelings, and even their kids hadn't ever noticed anything was 'up', but she'd actually been noting down small incidents unbeknown to him for years and this was the final straw.

She'd been noting down small incidents but not talking to him - sounds like a breakdown of communication on both sides - could have been the fault of either or both.    If you've spent 40 years not communicating I imagine it's quite hard suddenly to start expressing your feelings.   

• Infidel...   The quote says there is no mystery to death.  You just repeated it and gave an example.  I don't see your point.   The quote is a statement of the mystery of love, not death.   

How would you define what love is..?

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Brilliant Screamapillar image

I can relate to the love thing. After over 10 years with my partner, I loved him dearly in that he was my best friend and I couldn't imagine my life without him - but I was no longer in love with him, and by that I mean I just wasn't interested in him romantically or sexually anymore. Through one thing or another we just drifted apart in that respect. Staying together was unhealthy for both of us, so I left.

With my most recent ex it was almost the opposite - I was madly in love with him, but knew that we'd never achieve that comfortable state. Our breakup was a mutual decision, and I'm so much happier now.

So for me I suppose love (of the romantic kind) is the balance between the two... whether I'll ever find that balance I don't know, but after two problematic long-term relationships I'm happy enough on my own for now.

• Missed this thread, I was away....

> what the hell does it mean when a woman says "I love you, but I'm not in love with you"..? 

It means, I'm not in love with you.

> I do think a lot of women put up with things but not necessarily raise what it is that's bothering them... they just let things fester... 

That's dishonesty and cowardice, the cardinal sin in any relationship

> she'd actually been noting down small incidents unbeknown to him for years

Ditto

> if she don't love you - she don't love you - move on

Exactly

• Mike - what on earth time were you posting? image

I hope you're in bed now catching up on some shuteye!

• There are better things to be doing at 2:54am
  • I can think of two......image

• On line shopping and doing your nails ?
  • Online shopping is no fun when you can't try the stuff on.....image

No I thinking of things that don't involve clothesimage

• Pass... I'm married can't think what you mean