Saturday 7th June 2003

2»

Comments

• NL, glad your not going out visiting for a quickie!

My long run done. Mainly went well up on the cliffs with a cool wind but when I hit sea level at about midday it was HOT!
    Last 15min was a bit of a struggle but I'm home & happy.

Race duties ahead i.e more carrier bag's to fill.
  • Good luck Lina.

must go....................
  • Have not done much this week, but I want to see how much a good recovery would give me for a good 10k tomorrow, looking for that PB

Might just go out later on early evening to loosen those legs, feel good after yesterdays full body massage.

Jumping for joy 37.10 - 37.30
    Very pleased with 37.31 - 37.49
    Still happy 37.50 - 38.30
    Not Pleased 38.31 - 39.00
    Gutted 39 +

There are two big hills in the run, not sure how this will affect the above times, but that should not be an excuse.

Have a great weekend
  • Good luck Speedie. Try some strides in with your short run this evening.

Nettle Lover, 9.5 min miling?? I'll bring my walking boots shall I? Or is this one of your army runs carrying enough equipment to invade a medium sized country on your back?

I'll open the negotiations at 7m/m.
  • oh dear

Il think ill go and post on the plodders thread
  • afternoon all -

I thought I'd try and sneak back in here without anyone noticing I've been gone. don't anyone tell Monique otherwise I'm in for a serious roasting, like last time I went AWOL ;-)

hilly - best of luck for tomorrow (and to anyone else who's racing)
    hi laura - intervals on grass sounds like hard work - good luck with them!
    BR - good to see some thing don't change - do you never rest/give yourself an easy run!!!!!???
    hippo - please direct me to the plodders' thread where I will feel more at home.

what: 11M at lacklustre pace (that's a technical term for "cr@p"), trying to build up a solid "base" ... no, scrap that, trying to get back to a position where I can call myself a runner again without undue embarrassment.

have a great w/e everybody.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    ABC - whatever happened to Martin Fry he of the gold lame suit.

Good luck weekend racers may the pb's come thick and fast.

Today : 4.8miles (appx) hilly tempo run
    Why : why not
    Last hard : Wednesdays 10k
    Last Rest : Thurs/Friday

Last 'easy' week this week before the start of 14 week New Forest marathon schedule.
    Training runs to include 2 x Yateley 10ks , Burnham Beeches Half, Milland Valley (MT) half, Bewl Water 15m (I hope), Oxfam Trailwalker 100km, and one I picked up today - Hart Sprint Duathlon (6k/20k/5k) on August Bank Holiday Monday - best I dust down that rusty old bike.......

Enjoy the sun,garden,BBQ etc etc etc

:D
  • Dustin, try www.abcmartinfry.com. Seems he's supporting Robbie Williams!! Still has the gold lame suits!
  • Afternoon All,

Cath,
    sorry to hear you're in pain, get well soon.

Hilly + Swerve + Sppedie,
    best of luck with your races, looking forward to hearing all the gory details.

SiT (a.k.a Simon),
    that is an absolutely storming performance, brilliant stuff, nice one!

Achilles,
    WELCOME BACK, glad to see that a little badgering via email has done the trick. Keep your head down and Monique might not notice for a few days! I am still toying with the idea of doing Amsterdam, but I'll be using Nick J's marathon training approach (well part of it anyway i.e. the part that involves doing b*gger all long runs, not the part that involves 70-90 mpw!). I think I'll leave making a final decision until after the Robin Hood 1/2M in mid-Sept.

What: 21 mile bike @19.3 mph average this morning.
    Why: Bit of x-training and it's really nice out.
    Last hard run: Thursday.
    Last rest day: Friday.

Was going to do a 32 mile loop but felt a bit knackered to be honest, also knew that 4-5 hours of digging in the garden was waiting for my return.

;-)
  • achilles!
    i missed you:(

Cant even post on the ploddders thread
    All ive managed is a 3 mile walk,no running due to patients coming in, and as there are no suitably qualified junior staff, its my problem to sort out
  • martin fry is still performing, still in his suit
    he survived his leukaemia
  • GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    Ran to swimming pool - 2.25 miles - closed for day for swim competition - ran back - feel like an old dog at the moment need to train a bit more frequently
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Achilles,

well done Simon!

Good luck all tomorrow.

What: Went out in a temper to the sailing club, and the evil mood was dissipated by some wonderful teenagers with endless enthusiasm and a very convincing thank-you.

Ran home (6 miles, or tried to) but there was no go in my legs, not even at trudging pace. I walked the last 2. I don't think I've eaten enough recently.

And a very particular enjoy your race tomorrow to Cath.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Some good stuff going on as usual.

Welcome back Achilles! Where have you been? A nice holiday maybe?

Where is Snicks these days too?

Decided to do a slow 4 miles as a leg loosener for tomorrow and because the weather was too good to miss a run!

Having a nice glass of red now. Not sure if it's good race prep but it's great for relaxing!
  • Popsider,

PB before last night had been 41:10 in 10km race but that was from my first race last august. Had gone through 10km during the Lisbon half marathon in March in 36:40 on my watch (first half is somewhat downhill). So very chuffed with last nigths time and position. Had decided to have a go at getting the 10km time down and had been following the timeoutdoors sub 36 min training programme as a number of you had advised on here that this was the key to getting the marathon time down. Hoping that this may lead to a sub 2:45 marathon in October with a bit more effort.

Only downpoint about last night was that Mary, my wife, who had been hoping to race could not as, at last moment, her mum who was going to look after the young lad had to go to a funeral and Mary bailed out feeling she was not that well prepared.

Simon
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    SiT-well done on your race PB! That's an excellent time!

• Well done, and good luck to people racing today and tomorrow, respectively.

8 mile - Steady.

Haven't run for a few days, due to essay deadline that I met by sleeping 5 hours in 3 days. Nuts.

Then big celebration yesterday (cocktails+Indian+friend's house) took out the morning. Back in the land of the living now and hopefully back to schedule.
  • Evening everyone.

Apologies I haven't been through the whole thread but my confession for the day is:

What: 5 mile steady and bodypump class followed by a 5 hour stint at Chessington World of Adventures.

Why: all seemed like a good idea at the time.

Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Thursday.

Enjoy the rest of the evening.
  • hi benz - missed you too. how's the speedwork been going? sorry to hear the work's still getting on top of you.

hi Stickless - somehow I missed the part about you being a sailor along with your many other talents.

hi hilly - sadly not a holiday, just a crazy bout of work (which isn't finished yet, though the end is in sight). enjoy your hills tomorrow - I'm sure you'll be great, as usual.

SiT - stunning PB, well done.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Work really is a nusiance at times! I'll try hard to enjoy my hills tomorrow:0)
  • SiT - wow!!! That's a massive amount off your pb. Well done.
  • Just catching up with the deeds of the day before retiring. Some impressive stuff.

Been cricketing, Caldy 2s v Northop Hall - the oppo had a Pakistani quickie who zinged a couple round my ears and pummelled my thighpad. Fortunately no rib-ticklers or sandshoe-crushers - that might have affected my running.....

V impressed by the 10K PB SiT.

Nice to see you back again Achilles.

Looking forward to picking up some race reports tomorrow...