Running Action all wrong

Been running "seriously" for 2 years, doing OK. Completed  10k's, HM's and 3 marathons. I ran Stratford Marathon in April and ever since when I run my action is all wrong, which leads to discomfort in my right calf/hamstring, I have tried resting, lots of stretching, been to see sports physio twice and  they have diagnosed I am running lobsided, left leg longer than right due to problems in hips/pelvis.  Been following stretching/core  programme and I am x training to try and keep fitness.  But it is not any better, what I cannot understand is I feel no injury and how suddenly have I a problem with hip/pelvis.  Anyone had a similar problem and/or  advice.

Comments

• I don't have what you have but I was told by a fitness instructor before that no one has the perfect body structure- everyone has to some degree, a lack of symmetry. Some worse then others. Its the lack of symmetry that can cause alot of problems as its an inbalance and if we go around stressing out body evenly, one half is always going to be more adversly affected then the other.

Yoga teachers, Alexander Technique teachers, Pilataes teachers would also be useful in letting you know if they could see any structural differences and any exercises which could help you. There has to be something! But really think about your running- if you have a problem with your actual sceletal structure, it could be that running so far is taking its toll, I don't want to say never run again and I am no expert, but if you have a structural issue and running causes you pain as a result of it, its not going to go away unless you get rid of the problem to begin with, and cutting out chunks of your skeleton seems like a scary way to go.

I hope you find a way around this if there is a way!

• Jen -  Thanks for the reply and I am trying to lay off the running.  As I said earlier after two years of running can't undestand why this problem has occurred, the body is a weird and wonderful thing though, gonna carry on with the stretching and exercises and hopefully problem will get better.

• jennn wrote (see)

... its not going to go away unless you get rid of the problem to begin with, and cutting out chunks of your skeleton seems like a scary way to go.