Options

We all die in the end....

1235»

Comments

• Options
    It reminds me of politics, ask a politician a question with a negative answer and they always have a ready prepped answer for you that in some way absolves them or their party from blame. Similar to certain members of the clergy in my opinion
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    * Frodo * wrote (see)
    Corinthian wrote (see)
    Picture the scene of six blokes giggling like schoolgirls but trying to remain dignified and mournful for the family's sake ...

image Tut, tut! image

OK, confession time (see what I did there. Sorry again image) I am a terrible one for the giggles...

Whilst at university I was a choral scholar (surprisingly well paid, believe it or not, must be due to all those years of corrupt financial activities in the church) and we got paid extra to sing at weddings, christenings and funerals. I wasn't up for the funerals, a few close friends and relatives had died and I just wasn't able to sing in those services, but I'd take any of the other services (probably the root of my wedding cynicism, tooimage).

However, there was this PA system thing for the vicar that kept picking up CB interference from the local taxi firms. So picture this scene, beautiful christening service with a mass being sung from the stalls as the baby is baptised...

"I name this child....*crackle hiss* ..Fecking hell, can someone please tell me where the feck the fare is on *** street?!...*crackle hiss*"

And the Agnus Dei continues, serenely in the background with the big solo moment, meant to be the heavenly voice of an angel, comes and goes awkwardly, as I have turned puce and am snorting into my cassock. Got demoted to the back row for that one.

So the baby was christened 'Mobile to the Red Lion'? image

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    Sass - why not come down out of your pulpit and give some of your thoughts on the subject as a person of the cloth???
  • Options

nothink happens by( chance) its the karma of the people, earthquakes etc , if your violent to animals killing them you must get reactions, individually or collectively, god give you your free will, dont blame him, its up to us to know the rules, ITS SO DEEP DONT LET IT PAST YOU BY i,m cool jusy try to give some insite, the truth dont look at enyones face, just says it as it is.

• Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    soulmate wrote (see)

nothink happens by( chance) its the karma of the people, earthquakes etc , if your violent to animals killing them you must get reactions, individually or collectively, god give you your free will, dont blame him, its up to us to know the rules, ITS SO DEEP DONT LET IT PAST YOU BY i,m cool jusy try to give some insite, the truth dont look at enyones face, just says it as it is.

That steak pie and mushy pea dinner I ate for lunch is causing seismic movements in my small intestine...
  • Options
    ~* Sass *~ wrote (see)

This thread, in common with many similar ones here and on other fora highlights a curious factor when faith is discussed: all kinds of people who admit to knowing very little about the subject put forward extremely strong and inaccurate views as though they are experts!

image Excuse me?! What, exactly, is your judgement on accuracy here, Sass?
    Corinthian wrote (see)

That steak pie and mushy pea dinner I ate for lunch is causing seismic movements in my small intestine...
    image *snigger*  image