Male equivalent to flowers

Comments

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭

It fits all the criteria of a birthday present.  a) something he doesn't get very often, b) something that'll make a welcome change to the norm, c) something that will come as a massive surprise and d) it's not something he can buy for himself.

Like it or not, it's highly unlikely he wants as much attention from you as he gets.

• I don't understand all this either - sweets, cakes, flowers, moisturiser???? No!!!! A call or text - great. Presents at home. I'm all for a bit of peace and quiet too - when it happens it is always a nice break!
  • MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Like I'vwe said before in this thread, men are from Mars women are from Venus! Women love to get gifts at work! But I've learnt from this thread, doing the same back to men is a big no-no.

As much as a struggle as it's been (what do you get the guy who has everything?), I've hopefully sorted out the present side.

I was just considering doing a little extra on the side. For me, my loved ones birthdays have always been a big deal. Is it wrong to make a fuss over someone on their birthday? We're a very loved up couple so I know it's not a case of him wanting me to piss off & leave him alone for the day! 

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭
    k8greene wrote (see)

We're a very loved up couple so I know it's not a case of him wanting me to piss off & leave him alone for the day! 

The old boy is just putting a brave face on it.  Nice, kind chap continuing to make sacrifices on his birthday.  image

• This has turned far too sensible, lets get back to the smut image
  • Coffee - keep him caffeinated!
  • K8 - just a thought.  Are you wanting to make such a fuss to set a president for your birthday?  In my experience, women are better at presents than men.  I'm sure your man is lovely and thoughtful etc and will spoil you, just don't expect your birthday enthusiasm to be matched by his in exactly the same way come your turn.
  • MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

We're in our 20's so I should probably make the most of it because in 20 years time, we'll be an old(er) married couple who are bitter & sour with each other and the idea of 'love'!

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭

In 20 years time he'll be banging his secretary and you'll be huge but kept happy with a new pair of shoes every month.  Don't worry - you'll still have sex once a month but he'll have his eyes closed and be going as quickly as possible having warmed up in the toilet beforehand.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    BDB - Not at all. He just does a lot of nice stuff for other people (probably too much at times) so I just feel he really deserves something nice back.
  • K8 - in that case fill your, or rather his, boots image
  • MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Moraghan - Is that the stage you've reached then?!

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

I'm not big into birthday presents - but the sort of thing I appreciate is something I might want but would feel I could get the same thing in a cheaper version if I got it myself.   My partner got me a Rapha cycling cap - now you can get cycling caps for about a fiver and this cost maybe five times that so I probably wouldn't have got it myself - but it was still only £25 so not a lot of money and I do like it.   

I don't like her to spend proper money on something because most of the time I don't really like what she buys - and I don't want to say buy me this as I may as well get it myself as do that.   So something not too expensive but expensive for what it is if that makes sense.     But flowers, sweet, moisturiser - no - if he normally buys stuff like that then maybe but if he doesn't it's probably because he doesn't really want them.  So for me the best presents are a slightly more expensive or luxury version of something that the person would buy themselves anyway without going mad and spending a fortune.      

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭
    k8greene wrote (see)

Moraghan - Is that the stage you've reached then?!

Give me a chance - it's not quite "in 20 years time yet" for me. 

Plus, shoes are expensive and willing secretaries rare!

• He's probably banging his secretary already or more likely the office junior if he's in his twenties.
    Moraghan wrote (see)

In 20 years time he'll be banging his secretary and you'll be huge but kept happy with a new pair of shoes every month. Don't worry - you'll still have sex once a month but he'll have his eyes closed and be going as quickly as possible having warmed up in the toilet beforehand.

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Hahaa!  Moraghan has sex once every 3 weeks, buys his missus a nice pair of socks every now and then, and once snogged the cleaner at the Christmas party.

(Taken to its logical conclusion, like...  image )

• I'm off for a run, no good can come from this....<stirs shit and pulls on shorts>
  • Nick LNick L ✭✭✭
    ....I just think Kate should let us know (not too luridly) what she did do in the end!
  • Get a crate of beer delivered
  • k8greene wrote (see)

We're in our 20's so I should probably make the most of it because in 20 years time, we'll be an old(er) married couple who are bitter & sour with each other and the idea of 'love'!

http://www.talkbackthames.tv/imageContent/real/image_128_18.jpg

Oooh in 20 years time you could be like this.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    hungryconsumer wrote (see)
    He's probably banging his secretary already or more likely the office junior if he's in his twenties.

He doesn't have a secretary, he works in a mainly male environement and the only woman there are 50 or close & very overweight.

Nick L wrote (see)
    ....I just think Kate should let us know (not too luridly) what she did do in the end!

Well after all the input I will let you know what I end up doing.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Knight rider - not big drinkers. We actually have Buds in the fridge which have gone off.

Popsider - I think that's what birthday presents should be about but the thing is, he doesn't what much and the stuff he does want only comes in the expensive variety! He's got the money to go and get the best version of things which leaves me no room to get him somthing 'special'.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

And finally runnerman...

My hair is too dark to pull of that blonde barnet!

• MoraghanMoraghan ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)

Hahaa!  Moraghan has sex once every 3 weeks, buys his missus a nice pair of socks every now and then, and once snogged the cleaner at the Christmas party.

(Taken to its logical conclusion, like...  image )

PhilPub's amazing at the Sherlock Holmes party trick!

• For a small gesture, maybe a biscuit card? I send these quite a lot, mainly to friends/family who live the other side of the country, and they seem to always go down well.

http://www.biscuiteers.com/

I've sent a few to my boyfriend over the last couple of years as supplements for birthday/ V-day presents and a random landmarks like passing his bike test ... he hasn't told me to stop so I assume he likes them and hasn't been bullied by his friends over them image 

• Wouldn't it be good if you had a big birthday cake delivered to his workplace and
    then suddenly.... you jump out in a skimpy outfit singing happy birthday.

His mates would wonder how bloody lucky he really is. Just a thought.

• Think your best option would have been to take a day off out of holiday leave. Then you could have gone out somewhere special and spoilt him rotten. A theme park, day out in London, or even just a quiet  country pub. Loads of possibilities.

Probably to late to arrange that now, so play it safe and just organize a cake.

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

What I really want to know is - what is a mushroom tattoo??

• I would suggest checking out the urban dictionary if you want to know what a mushroom tattoo is

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
  • MadameO - try urban dictionary (you really didn't want to know that) **(x post)

k8greene - regretting asking that question on this forum yet?.... thought so.

For the record, I'd be happy with any normal gift sent to me at work including flowers or whatever and if my workmates took it any further than banter they'd get a slap.

Moraghan - Try this image