Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    Morning folks... Or is this afternoon! Just woken up. Lovely day yesterday, saw Charlie's Chocolate factory in the theatre. Brilliant.

Quick breakfast and then I'm going to head out onto the trails.
  • Morning all - lake swim done, run next then back in the pool for some drills as the swimming needs work after being neglected this week, and it have a 5K swim tomorrow. Still 2 more weekend days to go.

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    Do you have any spare energy? image
  • Nope, left the last of it on the muddy trails, just enough left to yoga and lift a pint of cider.

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    3 hours running done. End of the F1 watched. Now what.....?

Kate, you're a machine. I couldn't train at that intensity. How's your injury by the way....?
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Have been off visiting my daughter so relaxing.

Ran the Newbury 10km today coming 6th, tough conditions underfoot with wind and sun to deal with. Even the winning time was slow so that cheered me up.

Ran 36.48 3rd V40

At least it is sunny today
  • Good morning all image

4 mile leg stretcher this morning , Not so sunny today tipping it down here.

• 530am530am ✭✭✭
    Good Morning. L&G

It's been a few weeks since I was here. Three Forts marathon, Bewl Water marathon, Richmond Park marathon and the never to be underestimated Ox marathon all done this month. Arun river on the 31st.
  • mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

well done gobi

5:30, good to hear from you and well done on your marathons image

lovely morning here but I am still feeling crappy so stayed in bed for a bit

not very happy when I looked at the results of the European elections - what has happened to the world?

• Morning all - swim aborted as the weather is cold and chucking it down, Mr F was supposed to be doing the 10K but 4 laps of a lake without sunshine was too miserable so turbo and run for me instead. Injury has pretty much gone PSC, but this morning proved how much run fitness I've lost plodding around, 6 miles with 3 x 1 mile efforts got my HR to 171 this morning. Agreed MC, I suppose if we had more than a 36% turnout some normal people might vote. Pool later and indoor jobs today, unless you can send down some sun.

no sun here to send your way I am afraid

it is the by-election here next week, I am hoping the European results will give a kick up the backside to the mainstream parties that they actually need to do some campaigning to keep ukip down

• Oh and 5.30 you remain consistently bonkers.

• Morning you lot

Off out now

Back later

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭
    Morning Birky..

Wet here! hiya 5:30... Good to see that you're still bagging maras.

Morning all....
  • Morning psc

35mins Steady

Dull and overcast warm though. Poured for 10mins when I was out.

NW: 1 deer, 2 squirrels, 3 or 4 butterflies, 2 snails, 1 owl, 1 dog.

Kate; Cracking session by you yesterday.

• Morning all - I don't think it's stopped raining since yesterday morning. Turbo and weights this morning, track tonight. Very pleased with myself in the pool yesterday too, took 1.20 off my 1K time, still over 4 mins down on Mr F though so plenty to do. Nice NW birky.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Nice Ticking off 530

No laughing but my quads are still battered from my 10km, gone are the days I could run an ultra and then run that night. That said I had a landmark this morning and ran 20kms in training for the first time since 2011.

No drama and doesn't mean anything except I can :??)
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

A relatively NOC run for me - apart from the fact that I forgot my sports bra this morning :/

• Kate; The NW tends to be quite good when I'm off road at SOC.

morning all

emmy - how on earth can you forget your bra????? You obviously haven't got the same figure I have

Gobi - well done, being able to do something does mean something image

I am still ill, been to the dr and got antibiotics for a sinus infection

supposed to be doing a half ironman on Sunday so not sure about that now...I will probably be feeling ok but still on antibiotics....

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Mathschick - i should have been clearer. I forgot ALL my clothes. I stayed over a friends last night and left my clothes in a bag by my door... and walked straight past them. Got up this morning and went to find my running kit and there was nothing there. So I ended up running in my normal bra and a pair of shorts/top that i had left there last week.

I feel for you with the sinus infection. I've had those a lot later!

good job I read the whole post there, for a minute I though you had gone for a naked runimage

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭

a former poster on this thread might have something to add on naked running and there is a 5k in Bromley I think that encourages naturists!  Not for me... too much flopping about... eeeew image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    eeew indeed

7th at the Cat3/4 race at Hillingdon tonight. Didn't realise there were 2 away, they went at the start and I thought we had caught everyone. Watched a chap jump in with the Elite race so assumed he would get DQd or told to drop back but he didn't. Jumped off the front and was joined by 1 other and then another 2. 4 away means only one thing with my sprinting, so 4th to the line but closer than expected. Sad to learn it was 7th but one of my best Crit rides. Totally stoked at the effort to stay away in heavy rain and wind.

Conditions were so bad I rode my training bike with heavy wheels and fat tyres
  • Morning

Bit of a plod this morning.

Gobi: Belated well done on your 10k at the weekend.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Thanks

Legs are now sore in new places today but the effects of the 10km are gone

Naked running, no thanks

gobi - well done on the crit image

• Turbo for me this morning, after a hard old track session last night, and still it rains. Nice work Gobi. Pool later for me.

• A'noon you lot

In for a nosey/catch up.

Gobi: Well done on the crit.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Gobi - well done!

Hello to everyone else! image

5.30 - will you be at Kent Roadrunner this weekend? or anyone else?