Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Emmy - the run was nice although I have lost a lot of run fitness I think! 

Gobi - we always mean to go and see the Falkirk wheel when we are around that area but haven't got round to it yet. Some good mountain biking around Peebles though. OH's family are from the Borders

went to the tri shop and got my goggles but got so fed up with the traffic never even bothered with going to the shops in Nottingham so another easy run this afternoon to enjoy the sunshine I think image

• Well, I hit a 6:30am 5 miler and encountered a fox. I guess the 'early'/'late' debate is tired by now but for me it's early every time image  

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Falkirk wheel did not exist when I grew up there

Will be an interesting weekend

Have a good one eveyone
  • Morning you lot

Easy session done. NW: A few puddles, 1 owl, 2 robin red breasts, 1 cat, 1 cyclist

Off to work soon.

Wet here today so far

Shildon: Welcome

Have a good Good Friday.

• morning

having a rest day - we are off to the Peak district for a couple of days for our 15th wedding anniversary! Tomorrow will hopefully involve a long walk. It is wet here today too, and forecast to be most of the day, so I think we will be mooching around Hathersage visiting all the outdoor shops image

Last night's swim was tough! My shoulders can feel it today. It was so lovely being out for a run in the sunshine yesterday afternoon in just shorts and t-shirt and feeling a bit of warmth from the sun

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Shildon - welcome! image Tell us a bit about yourself image

Maths - Hope you have a lovely time in the peak district image

• afternoon all - 11 miles in the drizzle with 5 x 1 mile efforts, NW cats and dogs, and that's not just the rain, 4 OR, then 3K in the pool. Welcome Shildon. Happy anniversary MC. Any running round and round a lake this weekend Emmy? Four days off, whoop! Theatre tonight, long bike tomorrow, and am going to attempt to make carb and sugar free hot cross buns this afternoon. I know, rock and roll lifestyle. Happy Easter.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kate - Nope... weekend off image We don't get Good Friday off so i'm at work dreaming and hoping for the next few hours to pass! image Have a great Easter everyone!

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Interesting, Kate - what's the recipe?

Just spin today and I didn't much feel like it but I got it done.

Hamstring/adductor are a bit niggly today. Not sure if that's from the sprints or over-stretching in yoga. Taking it easy.

• Good Morning all

1.5 miles run felt like twenty. I hope you lot are out of your beds by now and are out there putting in the miles and  thats why no one has posted yet ?

• Valis - you're back! 1.5 miles eh, we'd better start talking ultras. Bike for me today, 100 miles with Mr F and he doesn't do SOC.

• Morning kate

valis: Good to have you back mateimage

Off to work 9am-8pm today.

Sunny, but cold here so far.

• Oh and NW: 1 owl, 1 cat, 1 dog, 1 cyclist who was going at a fair rate of speed,2 robin red breasts and daffodils - lots,

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Upper body weights and yoga for me today. Hoping to do a decent run tomorrow but it depends on my hammies. Got a grumbly right glute and left hammy cramped during a max effort bench press. Anyone who thinks bench is not a full body exercise isn't doing it right!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    parkrun starts at 0930 here in Scotland so had a lie in and didn't start any running until 0830

MrsG is surprised about the area, some good and some bad

Looking to race tomorrow
  • Morning you lot

Happy Easter

Dreich one with smiry rain. Same in Falkirk Gobi ?

Walked Geordie. Rest Day GNW: 1 owl. 1 cat, lots of daffodils.

valis: Narrow, but vital win for Blues yesterday.

Off to work soon 9-6 today

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Morning birky.

Not a happy Easter for me, I'm afraid. Was planning on doing a long run with hills but ended up doing less than two miles. I had pain in my right ham and glute right out of the gate and was hoping it would ease a little but it felt no better at 1 mile so I came straight home. I really hope this isn't high hamstring tendinopathy as that's a bitch to get rid of. My next half is in four weeks.

• cal - take care - is it worth going to a physio?

Kate - what on earth goes into a carb and sugar ffree hot cross bun and why???

lovely couple of days away, some very very muddy walking conditions, only fell on my bum once!

valis - hope you are well, are you back to square one with running?

• Happy Easter all. 6 miles 2 OR PW 1, with flashng lights, and a 3K swim. MC, I've pretty much given up sugar as it's not particularly good for you, and trying to go very low carb to be able to use fat for long distance stuff. I declared the buns a success, Mr F won't call them hot cross buns, only funny little Easter cakes, so not a unanimous decision. Cal, get checked out, if you are constantly niggled/injured then something needs addressing. Birky, your football chat buddy is back! 

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

I'm old and busted, Kate. Yes, I'll make an appointment after the bank hol. I'd have gone today if it wasn't Easter Sunday. I did go to yoga but it hurt to walk there (it's just down the road) and I was extremely limited in the class as to what I could do. Not happy.

• morning all

Kate - I understand the no sugar approach but I am not sure I agree with the low/no carb thing

Mind you, there are things I should eat less of!

lazy morning so far but the sun is shining and I am hoping to get the kids out on their bikes. 

• Morning all - Spring has sprung! 8 miles 5 OR and 4 moorhen, then into the pool for another 3K. MC, it's all an experiment, the big emphasis is no sugar or processed stuff, hard to do. Outside beckons again.

• Morning you lot

Dull and dry Easter Monday here

Catch up time

• Kate: Yeah 'Chelsea talk' returns on SOC as valis is back image

• kate - I don't particularly like eating anything I haven't made myself so find the no processed/ready meals etc fairly easy. Well, obviously I use tinned tomatoes and tinned chick peas etc. 

beautiful sunny day here, have taken the kids out on bikes which isn't quite far enough to count as training but as they get older it isn't an easy gentle ride with loads of stops anymore image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hi all

really thought I had posted

I have had some of the best weather I have ever seen in Scotland.

Stunning really was and MrsG had a lovely time.

Would you believe I won the 10km ?

Rest today as travelling home

Sorry to see the issues Cal
  • wow, well done gobi! 

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Really nice, Gobi! Well done.

I managed a spin class and could also did a bit better in yoga yesterday. It may not be as bad as I feared.

• Morning all - turbo and weights this morning. Back to work, boo.

• morning

lovely day again. No soc - but taking the kids to get their hair cut is going to be stressful! Hoping to go to running club tonight, it has been a while and I don't know if I can keep up anymoreimage