Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

Double session today. This evening's being hill reps in the Bourne Woods near Farnham,  which was the location for the latest Russell Crowe Robin Hood epic.

/members/images/27936/Gallery/IMG_2259-1024x768.jpg

This is the hill I was using. Sadly, the castle's no longer there - It took about 2 months to build and was made of scaffolding and polystyrene blocks!!
  • Options

Morning.

Wakened earlier so got up and went out 30mins earlier than usual. Soaked through within a mile or so,also very windy. In fact a small tree had been blown over part of the road, so broke off some branches and moved it to the side of road as best I could.

Just thawing out after a long hot shower and 3 mugs of coffee.

The thing is at my normal running  time it was dryimage.

Nothing much else happeend this morningimage

• Options

morning all.

birkmyre..isnt it the way!? i always seem to get the rain whenever i go out!though today where i am it wasnt raining, lucky me. well done on your forestry skills!

todays run was a good solid 7 miler, quiet on the roads except for an idiot mini cab driver who shot a red light and nearly caught me! lucky i saw him! he gave me some language- like it was my fault!image grrrrr. no other runners today but a few policemen who i said good morning to, seemed to cheer them up and a few roadwork men who gave the oh-so-original woof whistle...

other than that a few foxes and cats....

chris what gorgeous pictures you take and places you go! very impressive, not many hills like that around here! though yesterday i did run past buckingham palace, that counts as a good castle/palace right!!??image

• Options

Birkmyre, I got soaked last night out with running club, weird thing was it was still warm so a bit like a tropical storm, trainers still soggy this morning though and have no doubt they will be honking later.

Gemma, at least you look good enough in running gear to get a whistle!

• Options

kate...i think it must have been very very dark this morning! they confused me for someone who looks good at 4am! haha image

apparently its gonna get a lot cooler this week so get those gloves out! x

• Options
    it was chucking it down last night when I went out but this morning was bright sunshine with a bit of mistiness.

not much in the way of wildlife to report unless you count a Polish girl being pulled along on a tricycle by a pair of Alaskan Malamuts!!

...and a hawk.
  • Options

ooops overslept again, this happen same day as last week, must be my body saying something.

i'll go out for a little jogette tonight and then early tomorrow.

• Options

Morning legs tight today re  yesterdays forestry skills. Dry, mildish and not so windy today. An uneventful run today. Bit of an anti-climax in some ways !

A few years ago was running in a road relay. There was thunder and lightening etc when the 1st leg runner went off , however by time the 4th leg runner went off, it had changed to being a lovely warm afternoon !

I was meant to be 1st leg runner and a very, very late team order change, saw me run the last leg.image

• Options

morning all,

agreed birkmyre, uneventful run this morning for me too! well other than another incident with fox! this one spotted me trotted near me for a while, half following me then as i turned to try and bat him away he stopped, the two of us at stand still him wanting to follow me so i barked like an idiot image, flapped around like a nut case thinking he might go for me...and he sat down and licked his bum....nice....

shame you over slept tommy, hope this morning is better. i must say i was really tired this am, more than usual so bit of a struggle but i did it anyway, probably pay later...

got my race number and info through post for half mara in 2 weeks- yippee!

• Options

Morning

Got up a little bit earlier today image Did a mid week LSR 13 miles well please as it felt easy. although getting up that half hour earlier was the hardest bit. Had to run around the streets for the first half omy run as it was dark.

No wild life seen at all this morningimage

Sounds like you had an interesting morning with a fox Gemma

• Options

congratulations tommyimage- so 13 miles in the early morning, how did it feel? i really want to be able to get up to that milage once and a while if needed so just wondering how it felt to do so early..im sure once you get going its ok.

yeah weird that i attract the foxy bunch so much!!!!ekkkk

• Options
    Can't compete with Tommy's 13 miler but managed a fairly relaxed 8k this morning. I always feel nicely loosened up the morning after a yoga session and seem to have more energy than usual.

Saw a fox from a distance and was barked at by a fox terrier who was quite aggressive. The lady walking him apologised and explained that her dog had become very protective towards her after she was attacked on Frensham Comman a couple of years ago. So he was only doing his job!!

There seem to be a lot of hawks about. I saw two pairs this morning!

Where's your half marathon Gemma?
  • Options

Quiet out there for me too this morning, perhaps there's a wildlife convention somewhere. One hazard though with early mornings is the cobwebs, I seem to spend a lot of time picking sticky threads off my sweaty bonce.

Very impressed with the 13 miles too Tommy, half of that was enough for me this morning! Gemma, can you get up any earlier to add more miles!

• Options

kate...i dont know whether i would be able to get up any earlier!!! though when we're up that early..whats a bit more??? i guess one day i can always stay out longer if needed. ps agreed on the webbys!

yikes chris- i dont want to get attacked! i guess these were bigger non city foxes? image i hope my barking is up to stratch to shhh them away too!

the half marathon is run to the beat half in greenwich/ 02 centre. quite nice one to do image

so you do a bit of yoga eh chris? i do my far share of stretching but not necessarily yoga...seems to help! x

• Options

Gemma , Chris & KateF

Don't worry I won't bedoing many LSR during the week I just needed to put some miles in as I'm abit behind on my Mara schedule.

It actually felt really easy at 10 min miles but I did start to feel really hungry towards the end and if (big if)I do it again I will take some energy drink or gels with me next timeimage

Aiming for 40+ miles this week image

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

It's getting so dark in the mornings image, making getting up harder & harder! Starting my run in pitch blackness is only made doable by getting to enjoy the sun coming up.

I'm moving to a new town at the weekend and it got me thinking about what I will miss about where I currently live. One thing I did think of I'll miss my morning runs there. I don't know if others feel this too or I'm just weird , but when I'm up so early & there isn't many people around I feel like I have the place to myself. I get to know it more personally then when there are loads of people and cars around. I haven't really described it well, but it's hard to put into words.

• Options
    I think I know what you mean Kate. It's nice to be out and about when everyone else is still asleep and to have the roads and trails to yourself. Still, you'll be able to get out early and explore your new surrounds when you move.

But you'll still be starting your runs in pitch blackness - unless you're moving to somewhere in the southern hemisphere!! Chile or New Zealand perhaps!
  • Options

Gemma: Interesting run for you yesterday.( Just read it !) Are there alot of workmen working at that time of morning in London? Genuine question, as I've no idea or ever thought about that !

Oh and is saw a couple of foxes out earlier and they pretended they never saw meimage. Never had to bark at them ...image

Tommy: Good 13miler.

• Options

Done a LSR of 16.5 miles on Wednesday night and got soaked 4 times, today is rest day as my calves are a bit tight but looking forward to tomorrow early morning, be out the door 04:30, 2 miles easy run followed by 4x400m hill session max pace and 2 mile easy back.

Aiming for a 1:47 or better for each uphill lap, last average was 1:48 that wil be the last session before the 10k forest race on Sunday.

• Options

Saw the 2 foxes out again this morning, same pace as yesterday.. Startled another  when doing my Fartlek. Shame really as it was just minding it's own business when I appeared image

Dry, no wind and you could see the stars. All I wantedthough was the session to be finished from early on !

Legs like lead.' Douglas Bader' walks later. (Think Kenneth Moore in 'Reach for the sky !'

DerekB: Good long run.

• Options

morning all,

birkmyre- yeah there really is! it was near hyde park, i think they were doing maintenance on the station, lots of vans and men in orange vests..doing bits and bobs. i have seen road workers near piccadily sq that were doing the roads at that time of day too!

normally i quite like seeing the foxes in the morning but since yesterdays frontation im not sure now whether they are being so nice! i was actually a little worried this am to bump into one... maybe im being paranoid.

anyhoo today same as birky, wanted the run to be over quickly, think just had other things on mind, however did mean my pace was pretty fast! about 8 min mile for 50 mins pretty good! most exciting thing today was the mouse that ran with me for a minute..it was next to a wall so couldnt escape so ran 'with' me for quite a long time...awww

hows the legs today tommy after yesterdays long one?

good run derekb image

got the long run this weekend- looking forward to it image

• Options

Gemma:London is really busy, so suppose they have to do repairs etc when its quiet, so fair point re workmen being about when you're out early .A mouse as a running partner though? You learn something new every day on hereimage

Right off to work in a minute.

• Options

yeah! they had work men on our raod last year on christmas day!! just because only time quiet!

haha- the mouse really was quite fast when he got going!

• Options

Morning

Pretty late start for me today , anyhoo the legs felt fine so I di 6.7 miles at a nice steady pace.

Nearly trod on a rabit today as it bolted from a bush image

Sorry will read back later as I'm in a rush now for work

laters

• Options
    I should be careful Gemma - I know someone who was bitten by a mouse when he rescued it from the clutches of his cat. He had to have a tetanus shot at the local A+E and also had to suffer the embarrassment of explaining his injury to the staff there who found it highly amusing.

No run for me today. Saving my legs for a long one tomorrow.
  • Options

haha, thanks for the warning chris! seems its the mice i should be careful of not the foxes!

enjoy long run tomorrow x

• Options
    Bird based morning for me, a very bemused pheasant, but I think they all are, swans and a heron, beautiful dawn and looks like being a sunny day. Last decent run before Sunday's marathon, have a good weekend of long running and maybe even a lie in!
  • Options

huge good luck for marathon kate!

ill be running long on sunday too, but probably not as far as you, hope it goes well and you enjoy the rest on monday!image

• Options
    Thanks Gemma, enjoy your long run, do you do this round the streets of London first thing on a Sunday as well?
  • Options

haha, thanks for the warning chris! seems its the mice i should be careful of not the foxes!

enjoy long run tomorrow x