Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Evening

MissB has 2 pals over for a girlie evening

I'm banished to the dining room. Mrs B is watching TV upstairs.

andy: It was 'a wee bit chilly' up here thismorning

Chris: Sorry to hear about your fall.

• Morning from a dreich West of Scotland complete with smiry rain.

NW: 1 owl, 1 squirrel, 1 cat, 2 llamas, 8 sheep, 1 Old High School being demolished. 2 cyclists, 2 runners and 1 Morrisons Van.

• valis: Blues got  'a bit of a doing'  last night from Athletico Madrid !image

• Good morning allimage

11 miles this morning inc park run bright fresh morning knocked 1 minute 7 off last weeks park run time but still over minute off my pb time still getting back there imageand calf feling ok cross fingers touch wood recite magpie poem

Birky, A well deserved caning ,at least it will stop (i hope) them getting carried away with early season results.

Chris, good luck for your race hope you avoid the pot holes and Jenny makes a speedy recovery.

Katie, wise decision to avoid the ultra hope your park run went well.

Psc , was that a 21 mile one direction commute or 21 round trip either way fair play to you.

Have a good week end all not mentioned.

• Hello all - 13 miles today, but definitely not SOC, woke up with my face and mouth all swollen after a reaction to something, Katie, you must have sent your mosquito my way, so thought it was best to wait until it went down and I could breathe normally. Very strange saying good afternoon to other runners. Nice run along the seafront in Poole yesterday, went to help my friend on an event taking guests out on a boat to watch the airshow, which was great, but we had the most obnoxious people of all time.

Valis, your mileage has certainly taken a jump up, calves feeling OK? Katie, I think all you can do is see how you feel after a run and not try and go too crazy, swimming and glute exercises in the meantime. Chris, good luck with the tri and hope Jenny is all patched up. Andy, agreed, it was bloomin freezing yesterday, when I got into my car at 5am it said 6.5 degreed, then it told me it went as low as 3, brr, hope it cheers up as I want to get in the lake tomorrow, well not really want, more of a need. Have a good weekend folks.

• afternoon all

early morning tri session today - well for most of the day, but was in a really cold lake by 8:30 this morning for an open water session, then bike and run, then some 'general' sessions.

better go and wash the duck poo out of the wetsuit

Kate - hope your face and mouth are ok.

• Evening

KateF: Hope your feeling better.

Maths; Hope you got duck poo out of your wetsuit.image

• Morning you lot

45min walk with geordie as its my rest day. Dry and mildish up here.

• morning all

no big run today as going to another tri novice day, so there will be running cycling and swimming involved....

back to work tomorrowimage

have a nice day everyone

• Good morning allimage

13 miles this morning ,a little rain helped cool things.

Nw 2 deerimage Dw 1 rabbitimage

Kate, The weekend miles have certainly increased however well off the pace. Calves sore as I am pushing on the mileage but calf guards, plenty of foam roller and massage seem to be holding the troublesome one in check. Also got a book on trigger point self care which I hope is going to help allround with sore mucles

Birky, A win today I hope.

Maths, it must really be hard going back to work after a long holiday i have trouble after just a couple of days holiday to motivate myself back to work.

• Hello all - DIY triathlon for me this morning, 1250 metre swim, 14 mile bike and 6 mile run. Bloody cold. Mr F swam 7.5k which is just silly. MC, you did make me think about where the swans and coots were pooing this morning! Valis, I am imagining you with your calf resting in a little shoe box filled with cotton wool to look after it. Face back to normal thanks birky, just needed a run to sort things out. An afternoon of dull jobs awaits so I'd better get on, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Apologies for being away.

@Kate - that doesnt sound pleasant. Do you know what caused it.

No SOC for me this weekend. I've really needed the rest so have done all of my runs in the midday heat to prepare for Medoc at the weekend.

@Mathschick - how was your novice tri day?

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

• morning gang..

Its getting distinctly darker out there at getting up time.

Anyhooo.... going to cycle in again today.  It's 21 miles each way Valis, although I am going to add a mile to include a lovely stretch of old A road that is very rarely used now thanks to a relatively new stretch of motorway.

I had a lovely run yesterday.. 3.5 hours worth of checking navigation points for the White Cliffs Challenge, mostly up on the North Downs way section just north of the Dover area.  Feeling a bit sun kissed this morning.  image

Lots of Tri going on... good stuff.  Mr F is clearly nuts - who would swim 7.5k?

Chris - do you want to come over for a weekend and do my painting too?  I hate painting.. and am thinking of getting a little man in.  A syndrome known as GALMI in our house.

Have a good week everyone.. image

• Morning you lot

Slept in !!!!image

Back later.

• Morning all - no SOC activity as catching up at work after Friday off. PSC, jealous of you being able to commute in by bike, and Katie with a run, as I'm not in the same place every day and our showers are a bit manky and full of male colleagues I can't factor it in. Birky, got to be a rarity for you! Amazing Paralympics action last night with David Weir and Oscar Pistorious, very excited about being there tomorrow. Good luck on the first day back MC.

• morning all

birky - rare for you!

rest day for me after a busy tri weekend, had a great time but felt shattered by yesterday afternoon. Tried to set up a spare wheel to use on the turbo, but didn't realise I needed rim tape, so the inner tube exploded as soon as I inflated it! Oh well, live and learn and all that. I did manage to get the cassette on and the tyre and inner tube on....

Kate - your diy tri sounds like fun.

well, at work so better get busy!

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Morning L&G

No soc today, went sailing yesterday and was in bed by 8pm!

PSC that's a serious commute, my journey to work is about 30 metres. However this morning the NW: 2 deer, 2 curlews, 1 slug.

Mathschick - I remember a retiring teacher at their final assembly stating their  favourite word in a  career of teaching was August! 

• Whoops not run early since Friday, but did work Saturday and ran the Wissey HM on Sunday morning, so I only have one booked race on the list now.  Just under 1.45 for the half so nothing too special but felt good to race, first time for almost a year after having a tachycardia episode on a HM last year.  No similar problems this race but you can see from my Garmin HRM last time the effect on your speed of your heart racing to 230+

/members/images/306733/gallery/hrm_sep25_2011.jpg

• Good morning allimage

6 miles this morning nice clear and warm.

Nw 1 cat.

Jf50,well done on HM  and very interesting data there.

Psc , You cycle to work further in one direction than most people drive to and from work fair play to you.

Kate, cotton wool and shoe box you say  might give that a try image

Katie, How's the injury

Good morning Birky I know your typing at the same time as me.

• Morning you lotimage 

Couldn't be sleeping in 2 days in a row...image Yeah it is a rare occurance.

• good to see normal service resumed... 

Morning Team. image

• Mornig psc; Aye very goodimage

NW: I saw some leaves falling when out. Thats a first for me this year. Warmish and dry up here.

• Morning all - no SOC as off to the Paralympics, on and pretending to taper so can't run twice today as track tonight. Have a good day folks.

• I've decided to have a rest day.  Legs are pretty stiff... I'm off to the Olympic Park tonight for a nose about.  Looking forward to that image

• Morning KateF: have  agood day too.

psc: Enjoy it

valis: Yeah after a wee fright we got a decent win on Sunday.5-1 Spookily I was writing at the same timeimage

• morning all

turbo session this morning in front of MTV, sweaty but good

running club tonight

eldest son very nervous for his first day at big school

Kate - have a good day at the paralympics - what are you watching?

JF - well done on the HM

have a good day everyone

• Morning all!

Had a cold and a busy week last week, so ran...once I think. Back now though, and did a nice 40 mins this morning.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all, managed a full tempo session for me last night. 4.5 miles at 8.30 min miling. Could not complain! image No SOC for me today as i'm going to start dragging my husband out for our 10km planned and he needs to get in some training!

• Maths; Hope your sons day went well at big school.