Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• birky - he seems to be happy, thank goodness!

Emmy - hope your 10k with yout husband went well

nice evening club session for me! pyramids, although I didn't push it too much, but then just the warm up is faster than I normally run! I think going to the club is going to work wonders for my speed!

• Morning you lot

4.5M Steadily done. It was dry, cooler no wind so a nice morning for it. Think its gonna be running gloves again soon.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill van, 2 llamas, 6 horses, 1 fox, 1 cat, 3 BMWs, 2 cyclists PW: 1 car  and 3 yellow construction type machines that are kncoking down old High School

• Good morning allimage

6 miles this morning clear sky plenty of stars and warm.

Nw next doors cat that sat at my feet while I warmed down and patiently waited for some attention.

Birky , good morning impressive list but you didn't say what types of b.m.w's they were.image

• Morning all - SOC hot yoga this morning so catching up in the meantime, legs need a rest after 10 miles last night with a wicked (not cool wicked, evil wicked) track session in the middle. Good speedy work from JF, MC and Emmy, and Meggy back into the groove again. PSC, what did you think of the park, the athletics yesterday was amazing, particularly the blind long jumpers, great atmosphere. Birky, nice and warm here yesterday, finally our weather is the right way round. Happy hump day folks.

• Morning valis - novelty foot warmer idea.

• Morning Valis: Expensive ones mate. Expensive onesimage Geordie would have just loved your foot warmersimage

Morning Kate; A good session last night by the sounds of it. It was nice hear too yest. I even did some weed clearing on our garden !

• morning all

up very early to fit in a moderately long run - managed 8.3 miles in the time I had.

happy hump dayimage

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Morning L&G

14 miles soc.

Decided on a new route today on paths I'd never been down before. Glorious views over the Downs with perfect running conditions. Some  stunning country houses to absolutely die for.

NW: 3 deer, 1 squirrel, dozens of sheep, 2 pheasants and only 6 slugs.

• Good morning allimage

6 miles this morning .A chilly morning here clear sky with  Mars visible to the left of Leo .

Nw ,1 cat ,1 fox.

Kate , Could be a novelty foot warm idea two draw backs first the cat is  not big enough to cover both feet and secondly neighbours might object (spoil sports).

Birky, Does geordie see cats as a mortal enemy or just something to have fun with.

5.30 I have run over the south downs near lewes but in the middle of the day grest views must be good at s.o.c time though.

• Morning you lot

5M Fartlek done

NW: 1 owl, 2 llamas, 4 horses, 2 cyclists, 1 snail (on fence), 4 BMWsimage 4 construction vehicles, 1 German tourist coach

valis: The BMWs were a 118d, 318i and 320i.I'll check the other one.

We'd a guy early 20s in yesterday enquiring about joining the Royal Marines. ( i work currently in an armed forces careers office). They asked him about his fitness levels.' I've competed for Great Britain in the Decathlon !' was his replyimage

• Morning valis: He sees them as something to chase. He would get a fright/not have a clue what to do if one stopped and didn't actually run away from him

Colder and dry, but again windless up here.

5:30am; Sounds a cracking run yesterday.

• Early stages yet but I've seen a race I actually fancy doing  !(yes you read that correctly !!) in spring of next year.

• the iphone told me it was 6 degrees at 6am.  2 shirts said it wasn't.  Thank God I wore shorts not longs!  image

Leisurely start then up to Londoninium to interview some receptionists.  Could be a tough day.... image

Did someone say South Downs!  I love the SDs....  I live on the North Downs, but they don't compare..

Have fun peeps

• Come on Birky after all this time lets hear more , where ,Distance , why you fancy this one ? Is it a Rangers fund raising runimage

• Morning all - 4.3 miles, beautiful, cold here PSC, gloves on this morning. Racist animal morning, a black and white cat with a Hitler moustache, and a horse in a KKK outfit, all white rug, with neck and hat with eye cut outs, very spooky in the darkness! Birky, come on, let's hear about the race!

• 530am530am ✭✭✭
    PSC, the South Downs to the NW of Chichester. it really is a dramatic landscape. I went horseracing a couple of weeks ago at Goodwood for the first time. The views from the stands are breathtaking. No wonder they call it the most beautiful course in the world.

Hmmmm, I think you can tell I'm in the tourist industry.
  • Well sold 5.30am, although I can testify the Goodwood area can be very muddy in mid July following the Chichester Challenge.

• morning all

decided to have a rest day - being back at work is taking its toll, and I have a full day of lessonsimage. Will be nice to see my tutor group - I wonder if any of them have suddenly grown a couple of feet over the summer

birky - you need to tell us about the raceimage

• Morningimage

4 miles run at kinda tempo got 2 miles in at around the 8m/m. Overal avg 8.45m/m felt good and strong. Maybe the Boot Camp thing is working, I seemed to be able to drive the legs and hold form much better. It was quite cold to start off with but soon warmed up, well I did.

Its almost getting to dark to run my country side route, I may invest in a head torch as I really hate running the streets.

Come on Birky do tell, what where and whenimage  

• Afternoon everyone.

Back at work to day - very enjoyable couple of weeks off. did a couple of SOC's each week, but feel better for the rest.

Went to Sweatshop in Brighton yesterday and got myself sorted out with a new pair of New Balance shoes together with some moulded insoles - looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

• valis/Tommy/Kate: All will be revealed in the fullness of timeimage

Wet most of day here again !

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Just wandered back from the pub  by the harbour so only mildly coherent.....

No soc in the morning.

That's all ........goodnight.

• Mornng you lot

4.5M Steadily done. warm, dry and  a bit windy.

5:30:  Not surprised no soc today after session in pubimage

• NW: 1 owl who hooted away at me. 2 llamas, 2 horses at fence, 1 Kingsmill Van, 4 BMWs, 1 German Tourist Coach, from Bremen I think it said on its side. 1 cyclist

• bit early for tourists.. did they have their beach towells with them.

Decided to rest today as lots of driving ahead of me.  Might do something later, but nothing long as going out to play on the downs again this weekend. 

CR, that reminds me.. my shoes are getting a bit squishy.

TG - you are not going to convince us about bootcampimage

5:30..  I know the area fairly well.  I spent 10 years living in Petersfield when I was a youngster (school) and we used to get out and explore on our bikes, or simply walking miles!  Fabulous.

Morning peeps image

• If anyone is looking for a rather special bottle of plonk by the way, this stuff rocks!  Yes it's expensive, but by crickey it's worth it.. LINK

• morning all

beautiful morning and nice and warm, 6 miles with hill reps in the middle

NW - 1 hedgehog, 2 cats

1 ninja cyclist - all in black and no lights, one old lady cyclist on the pavement

1 other runner

busy day, roll on the weekend

• Morning all - no running at all today, boo, just a swim and weights session later on. We have some late night SOCers! Another incredible night in the Paralympics. PSC, I'm always up for a wine recommendation, not sure how much of a connoisseur I will be at the Bacchus, or Emmy at the Medoc. Birky, you are keeping us all in suspense. MC, roll on the weekend indeed, supposed to be sunny, was thinking of an OW swim at SOC tomorrow but the nights are so cold I'm being a bit of a wuss about it. Happy Friday all.

• No SOC for me PSC knows whyimage

I am feeling alittle image this morning