Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning all - rest day today, boo. Feeling surprisingly well recovered from last Sunday's race, sorry 5.30, and set a new world record (sounds better than PB) in spin last night. Swim tonight, need to get my mojo back in the pool with Hever tri in a few weeks. Have a fabulous Friday everyone.

• morning

rest day for me, as I have a tri tomorrow and then a longish run on Sunday. Wish I had gone out though, I love this wild windy weather!

They have finally fixed the heating at school, so I am totally overdressed today!

have a lovely day

• psc- nice one finding a new route, thats allways good for remebering so you can do it in the spring time or something if its off road I suppose you'll want it dry underfoot.

no soc run from me today, got up at 4:40 ish after not managing to get to sleep at all, legs really aching from 10x1mile in about 5:54 average last night. woke up really hungry to so had to have breakfast.

Going to have an easy day today with having a marathon distance run with 5k race in the middle tomorow. Looking forward to it image

Hows everyone going this mornin?
  • gulp - andy you are fast!

I didn't sleep much, but actually feel better than yesterday in terms of tiredness so that is good. Need a good night's sleep tonight because I really want to try to push myself a bit in the tri tomorrow

oh, and I might be getting a mountain bike todayimage the shop has finally got it in so going after work to see if it is suitable. excited or what? it is only a cheapish one but should be good enough for me

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Morning L&G

Well done to all who keep the socs up more than my paltry couple of times per week. Very long day  at work yesterday, finished after 10pm.

Ah, I see KateF is confident for the marathon on Sunday. Having been hammered by her by 2-5 minutes in the last couple I really should step up to the plate at Farnham and teach her who is the boss.....

I am already regretting what I have just typed.......

• Oh dear, an SOC smackdown I see!

• Morning image

Well I've done it now and signed up for the OutLaws Tri......eeekk

Didn't run today as I have a long one planned for tomorrow.

5.30 and Kate, could be interesting.

• Kate and 5.30, no scrathing, biting or tripping good luck to all racing tomorrow and Sunday

• Valis, I distinctly remember you beating me over the finish line last year! Whilst Katie had finished, changed, picked up her trophy and was waiting for us to head to the pub....

• Yeah but if you hadn't of kicked us up the arse in the last couple of miles you would of beaten me by a mile.I'll be back for next years one and try to get my finishing time down.Speaking of  Katie ,where are you hope that ankle is okay

• Sounds like the SOC club is getting competitive.

Are there many of us who are doing the Beachy Head marathon - if so I am willing to bring up the rear this time. (Not sure I'll have much choice as its my first mararthon and have no idea wha to expect really!!!).

I didn't go out this morning - just about to go out now. have a long SOC run planned for tomorrow though.

• I think Katie and Tommy are doing Beachy, valis, I am expecting you to lead from the front in the C2C in Jan!

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

If I miraculously win the soc cup on Sunday, I don't want to hear any squinnnying from fellow "competitors"  over the lack of water stations, directions, wrong trainers or even jelly baby sharing etc.

I will be stocked up with the finest waitrose jelly babies.......

• Lol I won't ever be leading in any race I start, As for c2c it comes so close to home I must avoid the temptation to stop at Uxbridge or Iver and just go home or stop at any of the many pubs from Rickmonsworth to Southhall I know that it passes.

• I can see that not only do many of you on this thread run (& swim & bike) some crazy number of miles but you also put in a good number of comments on here.  Must try and copy the posts if not the miles.  Sounds like a race weekend for Valis, KateF and 5.30, do you all live quite close or just travel anywhere for a race?

Question, I know many of you run trails, do you still run them SOC in the winter with headtorches or switch to roads round your towns?  

I ran the railway walk trail I use for many of my 5 to 8 milers this morning and it was dark all the way out and back so the headtorch attracted some different NW, bats and an owl who all swooped close I guess hoping the light might mean food, rabbits on the run caught in the headlights, I seemed to be able to control their direction by moving the beam, and on the way back a muntjac deer with a young muntjac deer.  I know it's wrong to think of venison at 6am and whether the young one would be really sweet like a suckling pig is compared to a big pigimage but...

Race well over the weekend

• JF - sounds like you have fun playing with the wildlife in the dark

I don't do trails in the dark, too worried, a) about personal safety (although who on earth I think I am going to bump into out there I don't know) and b) tripping and breaking a leg and not being able to get rescued! I do take a phone out with me though. But I use a headtorch as there are some pavements that head out of town and aren't lit, so not much danger of tripping but light needed.

• got a new mountain bike, been for a ride and is amazing compared to the old hybrid I had. Cycle part of tomorrow's tri is off road so will be taking it, when I went round the course a couple of weeks ago found the road bike was not great on the gravelly/sandy surface

• Evening you lot

Was out walking Geordie at 1;30am-2.05am as he was 'needing' !  Then an easyand tired 3M run at 6am !

Now to catch up

• Ian and Cannondale: Welcome to our madhouse.image

All the best to the weekend racers.

• Just checked.

Opps I was accidentally ignoring somebody ! image Sorted and the real numbers are back.

• Its to easy to press ignore I think and my phone keep thinking I want to look at them dam T&C's under the text box Grrrrrrr.
  • birky - who were you ignoring?

• maths:alibee and I didn't even recognise that name ! And it was certainly not intentional.

• it is funny that you didn't realise! you must have wondered what some of us were on about sometimes! maybe I should check who I am ignoring as sometimes threads don't make sense to me

• Gooooooooood moooooornnnnnnnniinnnnnnnng, well its still night at the moment as the big light int sky aint been switched on yet.

Good luck to everyone this weekend

Have a good GNR if anyone is doing it image
  • morning

andy you are up very early even for soc standards!

up soc to get ready and head off to rother valley for my tri today! first mass start in open water, but it is in small waves so shouldn't be too bad!

• 530am530am ✭✭✭
    Morning L&G

Andy, not quite the earliest post of the week...

Good luck maths. I reckon you set really hard homework...

Enjoy your day folks and KateF don't get too nervous for tomorrow, it's only a gentle amble over the lesser of the Downs...
  • Good morning andy,Wow that is early even for SOC standards, 5:30 and maths.

Nice hour easy for me in daylightimage

Good NW too. 1 owl, 2 llamas, 8 sheep,1 squirrel, 1 Eddie Stobart Van, 1 Road Sweeper Machone,4 Royal Mail Vans, 1 other runner

PW: 1car,

maaths: Yeah I was totally confused re countdown to 10,000post during week imageimage

• Morning - well, afternoon for Andy. Good luck with the tri today MC, nice day for it, and for valis who is probably park running. Nice spotting this morning birky. 5.30, I'm always nervous, now don't go tripping me up at the start. Just 4.5 miles this morning, gloves on.... So, nothing from Katie or Chris in a while?

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Kate it would be much more fun to trip you up near the finish....

I'll be the one running  with the bike helmet.....