Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning KateF and 5:30

Yeah hope Chris and Kate give us a post soon.

• Good morning allimage

15 miles inc park run nice morning despite the early chill it has got quite hot by the time I had finished today.

Nw lots of dogs walking their owners and best of all a squirrel making off with half cob of corn from a farmers field next to Black park and bolting up a tree with it when it saw me coming.

All the best for today Maths, Kate and 5.30  good luck for tomorrow and play nicely.

Birky, both away today but where is annan ?

Wave and hi to everyone else have a good weekend.

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Valis....Just off to see Pompey at home to Walsall. How the mighty have fallen.

• 5.30 best of luck would be nice to see you back in the prem as long as you let us win.

• Valis: In Scottish Borders. About 10 miles away from England

http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/images/l/DP070859/image

Here you go above, have passed their ground on way south.

• 5:30 I echo your sentiments re how mighty have fallen !

• Good ariel shot should have no trouble packing the away end.

This is an apology to all non soc football fans for the present chat but it is Saturday afternoon we are all over excitedimage

• 530am530am ✭✭✭
    Morning L&G

Dismal day at the footie. Just hope the marathon goes better.

Birky, weather in your neck of the woods looks pretty atrocious.

OK now what to eat for breakfast with a nervous stomach.....
  • Football. Not for me. I don't understand all the leagues etc. although I do watch the big national matches sometimes.

Heading off in a bit into the trails. JF50 I have run trails with a head torch but it's easier to switch to road running to be honest.

Good luck to the racers. Maths, looking forward to a full race report on your tri. Eat your normal breakfast 5:30. You can eat something else on route to the start line. Have fun.

Birky, I hope you werent interrupted last night again?

Morning peeps.
  • Morning all - how about a curry or a nice hot chilli 5.30? Enjoy the trails PSC, how long until the 52 miler?

• Morning 5;30, psc and KateF

5:30: Yeah just walked Geordie (our 17month black labrador) and it is wet and very windy.

psc: No Geordie wakend me at 5:55am this morning for his SOC.

Kate: I've had  a few breakfasts in my time, but not a curry

We'regoing up to Stornoway thi sfriday to moinday to visit MrsB sister. my 1st visit there. MrsB MissB and self going up. We have  late autumn holiday this coming weekend. So taking advantage of it.

• Good morning allimage

8 miles run this morning

NW 4 Magpies 2 ravens and a few sheep.

Can't wait to read all the race reports later Maths , Kate and 5.30.

Birky, not had curry for breakfast you have not lived. Many many years ago did day release from college at a place called Marriott's in flight catering  one of the airlines they catered for was air India.  My start time was 5am and at 7am breakfast was avalible from the staff restaurant everything was avalible from full english to curry  so it just had to be doneimage not only that it was as I remember veryimagehot.However I  didn't have to run 26 miles

Right busy day motorbike battery dead ,bedroom cupboards to put up so a 6 mile bike ride to get battery ,screws and rawl plugs .Looking at the sky I suspect some rain will  feature in my journey.

Have fun everyone

• No probs valis: Makes a change from '10 green bottles'image sitting on a wall.

• Lol. I posted that then nodded off again! Damn. Off to see my dotty parents shortly so will plod later. The 50 is next Saturday.

The spam on the forum is appalling.
  • Hi peeps, had a good run yesterday with

26.7m today at 7:09 ave pace 26.2 in 3:07 an a few seconds.??

11m at 7:20pace??

3.1m race (1st) In 21:00mins??

6.9m at 7:20pace??

6.2m progressive with last 2mile in 12mins. So very very happy with that.??

Really enjoyed the whole of todays run. Absolutely buzzing.??

Left knee started playing up at 26.7m so decided to stop running there and then an walk 0.5mile home. Happy to just rest up though.??

Started at 7:00 if that counts as SOC o.clock
  • morning

gosh - andy that is good for yesterday

up early and out for 13 miles this morning, really struggled though, and kept having walk breaks randomly so not great training. I think I am generally tired. rest day tomorrow so I will make good use of it.

I'll do a race report laterimage got to sort the kids out and go to visit the inlaws

too late to say good luck to Kate and 5:30 - will just have to look forward to the race reports later

• ok, little race report:

I got there nice and early, registered, and had time to watch the kids triathlon start. There were some very professional looking kids there! Quite a few that are obviously members of competitive clubs and doing really well. Wandered off to get my stuff and get sorted. Loads of time still. Got my bike racked and was starting to get my wetsuit on when I heard my friend Tina shouting me, so went over to chat (she had come to watch - she is doing the sprint tri there today) and had help zipping up the wetsuit. Then off to the race briefing. I was in the last wave. Apparently someone in the first wave had to be pulled out of the water before reaching the first bouy. Anyway, my time came and we had 2 mins to get in the water before starting, so I got in, got water in the wetsuit and spent the time getting my head under the water to get used to the cold. The horn went and off we went. Everyone in the wave more or less stayed pretty close for most of the swim, at the 2nd bouy there was someone coughing and spluttering to I paused to ask if she ok, she said yes, so I carried on to the end. T1 - trouble getting the wetsuit off, then realised I had my thumbs looped through the timing chip - no wonder it wasn't coming off. Sorted, heard Tina shouting at me to get a move on, so didn't bother drying my feet, just pulled the socks on , helmet on, decided not to bother with gloves, shades on, grabbed the bike, and off I went. 2 laps of the path round the lake in a public park, kids and dogs and other random people/bikes etc all getting in the way, was never going to be a great bike time but I pushed when it was safe. Back into transition, dump bike and start the run. As I was using my mountain bike with normal pedals no bothering to change shoes or anything.There was a drink station right out of the run, so grabbed a cup, walked for a minute while I downed it and off I went. I knew I was doing well when I overtook someone that had overtaken me on the bike. This is a first for me - overtaking on the run!! Anyway, kept going even though my legs were pretty tired, Tina joined me for the last 100m or so before I headed off to the finish line, and I put a bit of a sprint in,well, I tried. Finish time 1:04

• oh, that wasn't small at all!image

• great time for a sprint tri.... well done image

Andy, that's some pretty solid running.... I dream of running at that pace.  Well i don't really, it would be way too much like hard work!image

• erm, PSC, it was a bit shorter than a sprint. 200m swim, 10k bike and 4k run.

I dream of running at 10min miles or less.

Have entered a 10k in october to see if I can get close to 60mins

• Well done Maths ,I'm sure it will not be long before your sub 60 at 10 k

• LOL.... still it's a good time!  Don't do yourself down.  A sprint is a sprint.  image  And anyway, as I keep on telling everyone, time is arbitrary - distance is absolute! image

• Got up at 0300 last tuesday for a 23 mile effort in Sharm El Sheikh mainly cos bg 0900 it was already 90 degrees!
  • Evening all - Andy, amazing running, and MC, great report, you seem to have enjoyed it. Andy, welcome along, after 2 holidays in Sharm I agree it's got to be an early one, respect for finding a route to do 23 miles. Last time I was there they locked me in the hotel during the uprising. Not just me, everyone else too. Did you get all your jobs done valis?

So, I think I may be ahead in the SOC stakes, saw 5.30 at the beginning and I don't think he sneaked past me, although I was a very tardy 20 mins slower than last year, oh well, if you want to run fast you need to (say it quietly) rest sometimes.... Then a rush back to see Cav cycle past the end of my road, brilliant.

• Oh Kate you slouch 20 mins slower than last year that picnic hamper and blanket must of slowed you down image next year i'll bring some wine and cheese so you can rest properly. and 5.30 did you in fact sneak past  please tel all. Well done both of you

• Morning you lot

An easy 4M run today due to being up again at 1;30am -2am with Geordie.

Somedody fed him before he went to bed last night !

Catch uptime.

• Morningimage

6.41 miles run in the dark

NW 1 x fox

First run which was nearly all ran in the dark, oh well best get used to it.

• morning gang.. and hour done and dusted.  Out in the gloom and ran into a glorious sunrise.

Have a good one...