Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Cold and dry here. Well that's the forecast anyway. I wouldn't actually know as I haven't been outside yet! Rest day.

Morning peeps.
  • Morning psc.Certainly not dry here. Enjoy your rest day.

• Does 6:40am count as silly o'clock? If so I did my first SOC run this morning! 3.4 miles, nothing more exciting than cats dogs and birds on the nature front. Felt great running as the sun came up though. Hope to make it a regular thing over winter...
  • I've been a very poor SOCer lately although did gt up at 7am Sat and Sun for parkrun and early morning swim. Does that count as it was the weekend? I agree with nottsgriff that running when the sun comes up is great. Gets me out of bed if I  know the sunrise is going to be a good one so a bit of a weather geek.

• morning all

rest day, not that I have a lot to rest from, but I am still going to have oneimage

nottsgriff and becky - welcome

physio again later, housework needs to be done though. Going back to work this week - hopefully my knee will cope with me standing/pacing around the classroom the 6 hours a day again. Not back till Thursday though

• Morning all, NOC day for me today.  Finished the week yesterday with a 14 miler in bright, sunny but frosty conditions.  It still was when I finished and it still is this morning, though I can see clouds starting to cover the sky now.  Lots of other runners out yesterday.

Welcome nottsgriff and becky.  Have a good week all.

• I'm an early morning runner: by 4:30am I'm usually out and putting in the miles but today was different - I'm guessing the winter blues is setting in because even though I woke up on time this morning I couldn't for the life of me drag myself out of bed to run. OMG! Now I owe 3 miles!!!

Have a wonderful week everyone.

• Morning all - SOC yoga, then a coached session, tonight NOC gym, spin and run, day off today so I am making the most of it. Becky and NR, you still qualify, the weekends are allowed to be later, and as long as normal people consider it to be a stupid o clock time to me out it counts in my book. Rusty seems to be settling in well Chris, any deer legs yet? Birky, keep the rain up there, lovely morning again here. Good luck at the physio MC.

• Good morning allimage

6 miles this very wet and windy morning. A pity it was so cloudy as I missed the chance to see the International.Space Station go over head.

Nw 2 cats and 1 mouse lucky for the mouse not all in the same place.

My mothers 75th birthday todayimage well more like a cup of tea and a slice of cake.

Third party have sent me a cheque for my bike( write off)image they are not being clear what the amount is for exactly, so before cashing and running out to get a new one my insurers and I are going to ask for a bit more clarification.

Welcome to the mad house Ini,Notts,Becky.

Birky, A big one tonight but I'll be on birthday dutiesso might miss it.

• Morning, dry here today

Welcome to nottsgriff and Becky

valis: it sure is mate. Booked my place in front of TV Happy Birthday to your mumimage

NW: 1 owl, 2 llamas, 2 cats, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Morrisons Van

• Welcome Ini too, missed you out.

• Morning image

Part two of the come back

4 miles in the wind and rain this morning, but it is very mild out.

NW 1 fox.

After last weeks one and only run,( I was ill the rest of the week), I am deterined to get back on the road to full fitness by the end of the month.

• Morning Tommy: All the best with your comeback.

• Good one TG. Morning Team.

Welcome indeed to the mad house Ini, Notts, Becky.

Chris, I agree, it sounds as if Rusty and you have clicked. Does that apply to the whole family?

Not sleeping very well so had a lay in. Will run later..... All being well.

Valis, that's quick for a payout. Lets hope it's an interim payment and there is more to come.
  • morning

happy birthday to your mum valis

well, physio told me to go for a fast walk yesterday, so I did, 2.4 miles covered in just over 30 minsimage almost as fast as my slow run paceimage

will be biking (inside) and swimming today

• Morning psc and maths

Maths: Thats good fast walkingimage

• Morning Birky.

Well done Maths. Sounds like progress. Don't rush at the return though for fear of a relapse. Take it easy.
  • PSC - I am going to do what the physio says religiously

• Don't be afraid to be cautious. The Physio can't listen to how your body is reacting mid walk/run in the same way you can.

Anyway, I'm probably nagging the bleeding obvious. image
  • yeah, I will be careful. Although the phsio thinks I am overcautious sometimes

• Morning all! Well done everyone who's already been out. Two in two days for me, this is almost starting to be habit forming! 3.5 miles again at 6:30am on a wet but surprisingly warm-ish morning. Nature watch - slugs and snails and (1 - attached to its alive and well body) puppy dog tails, everything else had more sense to stay out of the wet.

• Morning all, rest day for meimage.  That is a quick walk MC, bet the kids don't like shopping with you!  Quick payout Valis, as you say worth clarifying what it is for.

• Morning all, took a different route again this morning to avoid the forestry work so added an extra hill and some deep sandy stretches. Rusty's fitting in well with the family and loves his runs with us. He's not so sure about going in water though, which is strange for a springer spaniel!

MC, hope the recovery continues apace but agree with PSC that you don't want to rush things too much. Sounds like you're being sensible though. 

NW this morning - several crows, a jay and a skylark!

• Afternoon all - 6 miles for me on tired legs after yesterday's exercise extravaganza, 2 x OR, 1 Kingsmill van and a dog. Ironman study briefing this evening at Hatfield Uni, excited and scared in equal measures. Happy birthday Mrs V Snr. Welcome all the new folk, and well done on the comeback TG. Chris, Rusty sounds sensible, it's freezing out there, forget getting in the water. MC, perhaps the Rio power walk 50K in 2016 for you?

• Good morning allimage

Got up, got ready then just came over a bit apathetic so back to bed now for an hour.

Strange.

Tommy, Mrs V is down at Hever tomorrow do you know any reputable cab numbers as she needs one to take her from the station to the castle and then later to accomadation she has booked.

Happy hump day everyone.

• Morning you lot

5M Steadily done. Cold, dry. No wind

Valis: Poor esult for Blue slast night.

Chris: Glad Rusty is settling in.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 4 horses. 1 Large Christmas Tree in shopping area.

• morning

no soc as yet, a bit achy as I did a lot in the gym yesterday, may go on the turbo later but first a physio appointment

valis - hope you got out in the end

• Morning,

No SOC today as I going to take it easy getting back. The plus point is that it is peeing down this orning so I missed that. image

Hey Valis, depends on which Station she is arriving at, if its edenbridge then I don't know. If its tobridge I know a few.

• Morning all - 5 miles in the rain, 1 OR and that was it. Ironman briefing last night was good, and scary, training starts 21 Jan, it is going to be very hard to scale back the running but I'm sure my body will enjoy it, so just 2 months to thrash out as much as I can. Happy hump day folks.
  • Got up early this morning not for a run but to cook dinner for tonight so that I can go for a 3-5 miler tonight with the local club and get back to some nice grub.

All in the name of running so still SOC eh!