Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

Out of the door at 5.15am for a just short of 7 miler, NW was one lost rabbit on the industrial estate.  Got stopped by a guy lost in Hadleigh looking for the industrial estate, a lot happens at 6 in the morning on that placeimage

Valis, no run but still a very early post.  Hope all is well. Good running Birky and Kate, Becky I assume it's a slow roast!  We'll all come round.

• Options

Tommy,Turns out lingfield as she has to book in at hotel first.

JF50, Normal time I'm up at or awake at is 3.30ish can stay in bed but find that I just get more uncomfortable and just drift in and out of sleep.

Birky, Indeed  very poor.

• Options

No SOC this morning due to a poorly little boy keeping us awake all night with his coughing. Back on it tomorrow though. Well done those who've made it out if the weather where you are is anything like it was here - cold, windy and chucking it down with rain. May go out for an afternoon run if the weather improves and I can summon the energy...

• Options

Hi Valis sorry can't help with Lingfield, to far West of me.

• Options

Hello everyone,

Couple of rest days recently, Monday because I had an early start to travel to a meeting in Peterborough and because I didn't get home until gone 11pm I had a little lay in yesterday, so back SOCing today with a 5.15am 6miler in the drizzle.  The cat followed me for about 100meters then turned back!

When I saw the sports massage guy last week he suggested Epsom Salts in a bath after running, so I got some off the internet and gave that a try today - leg feels good but a soak in tha bath rather than a shower before work means I am feeling ever so slightly sleepy   image

Nottsgriff, SOC running does become habit quite quickly - I'm new to it this month, I've always ran of an evening but decided to give morning running a go for November and see if it works for me.... So far, it is! image

• Options

Afternoon all,

Wet and windy out this morning and very muddy in places but quite mild. I've bought one of those flashing dog collars for Rusty so that I can keep an eye on him when he decides to run off somewhere. At least he comes back when I shout or whistle  although it'll be interesting to see how he responds when he spots his first deer!

NW: several crows

Off to see Skyfall tonight - can't wait to see how they used the footage shot on Hankley  Common.

• Options

Chris, it's amazing, you'll enjoy it, although they have made it look nicely Scottish.

• Options

Morning

5M Fartlek. Not a bad run

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 2 llamas, 4 horses,1 large Christmas Tree, 1 Kingsmill Van,

Christmas Decorations/Lights: 1st one spottedimage

valis: A shock with change of manager again at Blues. Gers won Tax case against HMRC.

• Options

Good morning allimage

6 miles this morning in the rain quite warm though.

Nw 1 fox

Tommy, cheers anyway

Birky , God only knows. Now that is a good win.

Wave to all

• Options

Morning valis; I couldn't believe either news. I simply don't rate Benitez though he won Cl for lLivverpool in 2005. Some of the Blues managerial appointments and sackings have been totally baffling

• Options

morning gang... slow start for me as tapering for a few days.  Gatliff ultra on Sunday image It could be a 50k swim looking at the weather.  image

• Options

Morning all - 6.8 miles, tired legs but a massage tonight should revive them. 1 x OR 1 Hovis van and 1 x NC. Dentist this morning so a day of pain. Three Molehills for me this Sunday, you're right PSC, could be wading.

• Options

morning all

no soc for me as first day back at work

Kate - good luck at the dentist

• Options

Good morning everyonw.

Only 4miles SOC for me today, but I shouldn't beat myself up too much, as I was so tired when my alarm went off that I could easily have hit the snooze button a few times and given it a miss!  At some point I really must start doing a weekly speedwork session again (not done anything like that for weeks), but only at the moment I haven't quite got the motivation for anything more than 3 or 4 SOC mornings during the week at 4-6miles easy and a 10ish mile long run at weekends..... Really must sign up for a race so I have something to motivate me!!

Only NW today was a fat ginger cat who I made jump when running past his garden.

Good luck at the dentist Kate, I'm waiting for an appointment to have a broken root removed under sedations image

• Options

Morning (just) all.

Easy start for me today, day off so out at about 8am for an 11 miler.  Lovely dry and bright but so windy.

Birky and Valis I think I mentioned I work in football, have for the last 19 years at two clubs and I think I have seen 14 managers go in that time, some expected, some not, but little surprises me anymore. 

• Options

Evening

Got soaked going to/from work

JF50:Yeah I know, football shouldn't surprise me but it still does.

Kate; Hope you got on okay at dentist.

• Options

Thanks all, I knew I had to have a filling, world record of 10 injections as it was under and old filling and down to the nerve. Sports massage had, so no second session tonight, glass of red instead!

• Options

Kate: After 10 injections you fully deserve your glass of red.

• Options

argh Kate that sounds awful, enjoy a couple of glasses of red! it will numb the pain...

• Options
    Well I finally did it, I got my arse out for a run after a few months off. It wasn't SOC but still really pleased with myself. Weather was appalling (rain and wind) bit it certainly blew the cobwebs away!

NW: one excited dog tripping me up!

Feels good to b back!

Night all x
  • Options

Mornig

Dobsterimage For getting out, today you might be a wee bit stiffimage

Bit of a plod for me today. heavy legged.

Kate: No probs, a glass of red (orwhite) never did anybody any harm.

NW: 1 owl, 4 horses, 2llamas, 2 large Christmas Trees, 3 BMWs (BMW Corner), 1 Gritting Lorry , 1 cyclist, 1 other runner in the distance.

• Options

Morning - gritting lorry out in the rain birky, or is it getting colder there? No run for me as I slept in - although that being 5.20 I'm losing my sense of perspective - so off to London and it will have to be an NOC. Happy Friday all.

• Options

Morning Kate

No its dry and cold up here today so gritting lorry out, probably not taking any chances. Yeah 5:20 being 'a lie in' to us SOCersimage

• Options

morning all

oops, was intending to get up and turbo, but decided to stay in bed instead, will have to do something NOC this evening or my waistband will be expanding rapidly

dobster - well done on getting out

• Options

Morning all, out at 5.15 for a 6.75 miler, NW one rabbit still lost on the trading estate.

Rain hasd stopped this morning and wind dropped right down, perfect running weather.

Kate that sounds a tough filling, don't imagine you felt the sports massage later either with all that pain killer in.

• Options

Kate - ouch! 10 injections seems a bit excessive - that must have been enough novocaine to knock out an elephant! I had 3 for an extraction a few years ago but usually only one or two for a filling. Does your dentist charge for each injection?

Out with Rusty this morning for a plod through the mud and puddles. Nature watch - one squirrel, squaddie watch - 5 or 6 plus a couple of landrovers.

Looks like another wet day tomorrow.

• Options

Evening you lot

maths: Did you do something this evening ?

• Options

hides in shame

no, one of the kids had a friend round, so had to cook, oversee and then take the kid home, it was getting on for 7 o'clock by the time I had finished all that, then needed to start sorting out adult food...

going to the gym in the morning though, going to try run/walk on the treadmill, spin bike and hopefully time for some weights as well

• Options

Maths: No problem.image