Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Nope, I like real food too much. Half a pint of milk after exercise does me.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Gobi wrote (see)

Good luck on the Quad - is that Foxys event ?

Yep - that's correct. We'll see how it goes! I had a rest day image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Enjoy it Emmy, I use to like the course for a training run.

PSC - poncy indeed : ?? )

Quad guards are even more fun : ` 0
  • Evening all

Another round of T-25.

Gobi, I guess those fetching compression arm sleeves aren't your bag either then.image No I don't before you ask. 

• Jo - re protein etc

I have taken protein in the past (am a vegetarian) but currently just on the beetroot juice and spirulina. Don't know if it does any good but probably doesn't do any harm - apart from in the pocket!

• JO - I don't take any supplements, just a good varied diet with plenty of fresh veg and fruit

late meeting at school meant I didn't have time to get to club for a run so just went out by myself for 4 miles, nice and mild but far too much traffic about in the evening for my liking!

• Track session tonight, 8 miles total, 4K time trial. The large has been descending all afternoon so I hope this has got rid of it, so bloody windy it should have done. Valis, I have a pair of arm warmers for wearing on my bicycle and I'm ashamed to say I love them.

• Kate, wool 80's style arm/ leg warmers( wear a long sleeve top) or compression arm sleeve of which having completed an Iron man means you are fully paid up tri athlete and allowed to wear all sorts of fancy dress.image  

Jo, high 5's zero tabs for my recovery drink after runs and T-25 and provide something until I get to work and have breakfast.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Valis - I guess I have to confess to wearing "Hepburns" but they are to keep me warm :`)

Velodrome tonight and running at 0500. I better Iron that shirt
  • Hepburns..... Brill description.

Morning gang.

Jo, I'm another in the real food camp. I used to use Rego for recovery and still would after a long run. But I've run out so have milk instead. I haven't used any other protein supplements so can't comment. Frankly they don't appeal.

Off to Hastings. Hope this wind dies down.
  • Morning you lot

Morning psc

Just a 4M Steady.

NW: 1 owl,  1 cat, 4 dogs, 1 other runner, 1 fox,

PW: 1 car

Now to catch up.

• Morning all

Thanks for the feedback on the supplements, Chris I'm a vegetarian too which is why I was wondering about this but it seems a good glass of milk is the key!!

Have a good day all

• Morning all -T25 and a turbo through the snot, then a lovely trip to the City with a million people and no underground. Breakfast meeting with halloumi and corn fritters so not complaining, long old stroll to the office now though. Protein supplement - almonds, I eat buckets of them, which is another reason my weight isn't disappearing. Big swim tonight. Good luck for tomorrow, and the next few days Emmy.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Thanks KateF

A rest day for me in preparation for the next few days,... see you on the othersideimage

• +1 for almonds!

5 miles this morning and an interesting run past modern warfare (military training exercise) and a Shakespearian battle scene (Macbeth filming - lots of smoke and scorched trees).

Was out MTBing yesterday afternoon to test some action cameras. Rusty came along for the ride/run so it was a good workout for him too!

video

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Real food - pizza :`)

11 miles this morning including a couple of kms at HMP ahead of the weekend. Stayed dry for the entire run and was sat drinking coffee at 0645.

Saw nothing except my mate Andy who was with me, the usual girl in the usual place running the other way and commuters in cars.
  • love the vid Chris... what was the music and what editing software do you use?  I still haven't stitched together the couple of hours of skiing gopro stuff I have.  I was half done but went to bed and didn't shut down the mac so it ran out of battery and I lost all of my half baked creativity!!

Ran after work today as was up and out early doors to work.  It's been quite fun reacquainting myself with our treadmill!  5kms done and then in to make home made chips and lovely tender gammon steaks!  The life of a rock and roller!! image

I had never thought of almonds, but now you mention them do take dried fruit and nuts on long runs sometimes in place of gels etc.  They are high fat which makes them great for refuelling on a run (as long as you are running slowly enough to be in the fat burning zone) and high in protein so great for recovery too.  Pop a carrot in the car with a few biscuits and you've got a perfect recovery meal! image

The common looks like it is draining well Chris - have you noticed that they have reversed the route for the Punchbowl?  Therefore baling out of the 30 miler onto the 20 route after 3 or 4 hours of running isn't going to be possible.  We've therefore made the decision to do the 20 - it will be a good long run for me in preparation for B B B Brighton!!  Not, not nervous really!  I've got to make a decision - do I go full mara distance in minimalist shoes.... I think the answer is yes as 10 miles in my old 12mm drop Brooks nearly killed me having been running now in these Nikes for 6 months!  I need to get out and do a 20 miler in them, but time is running out and I'm pretty time poor at the moment!  Although in truth I would have more time if I spent less of it on Call of Duty!  Fifty I might be but there is still a latent teenager in me!  The problem I've got with the Nikes is that they are rubbing my arches from about 8 miles on when they are wet - I know everything rubs when wet but I don't normally blister so I'm in a quandary.  Ho hum!

good running Gobi!  Good skills missing the rain too!  It's been freaking wild down here on the coast!

toodle pip folks....  see y'all up bright and early! image

• Trail shoes surely PSC unless you're skating it?

• LOL... I was thinking of Brighton!  Defo trailies for punchbowl.  Although wellies might work quite well too!

• PSC - the video was edited on Final Cut Pro X and the music is from Audio Network track name 'Contagion'. FCP X saves as it goes along so you wouldn't have lost your work!

• Good morning all image

10 miles this morning, windy but dry.

Nw 3 foxes OR 1

Not sure why that last post of mine was repeated. T-25 last night and tonight another session of T-25 cardio tonight . Emails received yesterday to say new bikes on the way so as of next week I'll start cycling to work apart from days I fancy a blast.

Psc I spent a year as volunteer admin for  a call of  duty clan which is worse because if I wasn't playing I was still watching and monitoring. did enjoy talking to other admins around the world  including one american air traffic controller who when on nights would start giving instructions to pilots while playing the game admittedly he  did say at nights it was only the odd freight plane  and he controlled a height and not landing  procedures . 

Food like Almonds like pizza like curry in fact theres not much I don't eatimageor drinkimageimage

• Morning you lot

Morning valis.

A 30mins Steady. Mixture of paths and fields.

I had a slightly later run today and it was mostly in daylight.imageimage

NW:  2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 squirrel, a few robin red breasts, 2 snails.

PW: 1 van

• morning all

didn't run because I didn't sleep much and have parents evening tonight so an extra long day at work. will try to do something even if it is only 30 mins when I get home.

valis - news bikes, exciting image

• Morning all - T25 and a 6 mile run, 3 at tempo, OR 2. 2K swim last night, was going to be longer but it was so late they kicked us out of the pool. MC when I sleep badly I always feel I need my SOC more to wake up, hope parents evening goes well. Mmm curry, one of my favourites, especially Thai red prawn. Meetings all around London today so lots of walking as the strike continues.

• Morning Maths and Kate

Amy. Weclome to our madhouse.image

• Morning all

50mins in the gym for me last night, will go again tonight - still no running as yet though..

I love almonds eat them practically everyday along with other nuts and dried fruit!image I make homemade yogurts too with easiyo - lovely, especially the banana one!!

Kate: the tube strike must be a real pain, hope you get to all your meetings.

Maths: hope your long day goes ok, I think considering, you could have a rest day from exercise today especially if you haven't had much sleep.image

• Morning -

Out this morning in the calm before yet another storm! 

And went for a supplementary road run last night and as I ran through Farnham town centre I passed a group of girls who whistled and shouted and whooped as I ran past which made me feel rather good until I remembered that I was running with my 26 year old son! Somehow I don't think the reaction would have been the same if I'd been on my own!!

Looking wet for the Punchbowl on Sunday.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Out before the rain as well for 70 mins on the bike, it was a little windy.

Home by 0625

Saw some cars and some unidentified road kill