Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• "like minded folk"... are you a bit of a nutter then Amy?image

Chris - LOL at being wolf whistled.  Thanks for the stuff on the editing software - looks good, tempted to get my wallet out.  It looks similar (but better) to the free software that you get with the gopro camera.  The music link is ace.  That's helped me out enormously, thanks.

Well I was going to go out after work, but as more and more people came and disturbed me in the office it got later and later and the rain got heavier so I came home and had a lovely glass of single malt!  

• evening

Jo - yeah after a 12 hour day I am exhausted so an extra rest day it is! 

Amy - welcome

Chris - lol at the wolfwhistle image

just seen the forecast for the morning - might be a turbo session instead of the run

• London seemed less broken today, even got home in time for a sneaky spin glass before opening the red wine. Welcome along Amy.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm very normal
  • We're all normal. It's everyone else who is weird. image
  • I am definitely normalimage

• A smirey 7 miles done. image

Morning team.
  • Morning - T25 for me, because prancing around in my garage at 4.45am is normal.

• morning

another sleepless night but went for a run anyway - 5.6 miles for me - and managed to dodge the rainimage

thank goodness it is nearly the weekend

• Morning all

Welcome Amyimage

We are all normal - I'm sure the looks my hubby gives me for running SOC is normal too!!image

However just gym work for me at the mo, still waiting on the calf to heal properly.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    lol Jo, my other half is an 80 min half runner. This morning she trained at 0500 while I stayed in bed.

What look is that image ?
  • Bad news Gobi, Wokingham half cancelled I hear?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    indeed so I can drift back into retirement
  • Morning you lot

4.5 M Steady Cold, dry

NW: 1 owl, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 1 cyclist.

Catch up time

• Morning Birky. "Dry" no, don't know that word.
  • Morning psc: Not it's not a word we use very often up here in Scotland either !

However 'Cold' is a different matter !

• morning all

haven't been outside yet, OH told me to have a lie in - 8:30 was the latest I could manage to stay in bed but after a rubbish week I needed it

Gobi - bad news about the half

dry and windy here at the moment. We are starting to get pretty flooded round here now, but to be fair I think this area of the country hasn't had it nearly as bad as other areas, and in my town they had spent time digging the ditches and making sure the rivers and dykes were cleared out - I think that it is just householders getting together to do that rather than the council though - last summer lots of people had property damaged by flooding because the rivers and dykes were all choked up with rubbish and debris, although I think the trent has burst it banks and the road to the next town will soon be closed

will be swimming later and I need to get some kind of bike/turbo session done

kids staying at in-laws so we are going for a quiet meal

• Morning.

Day off to give the legs a rest before the Punchbowl Marathon. More rain here now after a dry start and gales later so will be dodging floods and fallen trees tomorrow!

• Morning all - run, swim, spin done, T25 and hot yoga later. It looks like I'm headed down to Brighton to run a marathon tomorrow, not an official one but one of my tri research group is running one a month for charity so I thought I'd lend some support. If I don't get blown away to sea. MC our town is still flooded, the river burst it's banks on Christmas Day and continues to do so, pretty miserable for those folks living nearby with many evacuated. The perks of living on a hill for me, much as I complain when I cycle up it. So Emmy will be on her way to marathon 3 of 4 this morning, very impressive.

• Hey birky, indoor athletics live on YouTube at the moment.

• Morning you lot

Walked Geordie for 45mins. After I'd posted yesterday it then rained for the rest of the day here.

Went to cinema last night to see 'Lone Survivor'. Really enjoyed it

Right catch up time.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Pretty gutted to be sat here at home today but every cloud and all that.

Cycling club dinner last night and I didn't need to rush home.

No SOC either as I don't need to be out training.

This afternoon I am off to Wales for my first Omnium.

Who is racing today ?
  • morning all

gobi - good luck at the omnium

we went out for dinner last night, had a nice meal, seneible bed time, but then I spent half the night awake thinking about work image so with no kids here didn't get up and rush out, think I might do my long run tomorrow and just get a turbo session in later then swimming tonight. Need to have a good stretch and foam roller as I can feel my IT Band is very tight

• Afternoon all - end of a hard week's training, T25, 2 hour turbo and 2 hour run, done in. Good luck to Chris and PSC who will already be up to their eyes in mud at the Punchbowl. 12 OR this morning, and one pogo stick hanging from a tree. Gobi, is the Omnium the one with a little fella on a moped in front of you, that would be ace. Watched some Sochi last night, the mogul skiing made my knees twinge to watch it. More yoga later, did a hot class last night which was my first, and hardest, in a while.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ah no I shall not be chasing any motorbikes :??)

Doing 7 events over the next 2 days
  • Punchbowl was a hoot. Yes, a bit muddy in parts. Standing water was more of the problem and tree roots as it turned out for my poor OH who went flying at one point. Comedy moment when some poor lady got stuck on barbed wire trying to avoid a long stretch of deep water and without thinking I stopped to help her out. It was only as I was manhandling her Lycra from behind that I realised I was perilously close to a sexual assault charge. Luckily her husband was grateful that I freed her from the wire and probably didn't realise that I had been plucking barbed wire out of his wife's nether regions. Oops. Perhaps I shouldn't be so keen to help everyone. image
  • Morning you lot

A 4.5M Steady. 6.30am session today.

Mid term so the house is still quiet

Back later.

• well done PSC, and I am sure she was grateful for the manhandling

5 miles this morning, icy but lovely morning

NW: shooting star, lots of people scrapping cars