Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• hi all

5m this morning, bit windy but other than that weather was not too bad.

530 -omg  40 marathons!! - what are you machine or man???? lol

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    why not enter another 12 530and be done with it:`)

I did about 12 races of marathon or longer a year and that was more than enough for me !!!
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

530am wrote (see)

Emmy, may well go for the 7.30am start.....with the walkers! Get it done. Only marathon I've done that doesn't give a medal. You get a mug instead!

WE DONT GET A MEDAL?!? You're kidding me?!? I didnt know that image I was thinking of a 7.30 start.. do you think they'd mind? I mean...we're not the speediest ones in the pack?

40 marathons? Good man! What about taking it up to an even 50? image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

You lie... I just saw on the website that we get a medalimage

http://www.steyningac.co.uk/2013-stinger/

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Emmy, well I only got a mug last year! Glad they've changed to a medal for Sunday. Come on, how many marathons,have you planned for this year, it's got to be 30+. Ok my latest total for 2014 is 43. That's enough Gobi!

04Jan14 Buff Enigma 05Jan14 Buff Enigma 15Jan14 Buff Willen 18Jan14 Viking Coastal 19Jan14 Viking Coastal 15Feb14 Martello 23Feb14 New Forest Heartbreak 02Mar14 Steyning Stinger 18Mar14 Enigma 7 in 7 - day 2 19Mar14 Enigma 7 in 7 - day 3 20Mar14 Enigma 7 in 7 - day 4 29Mar14 Buttons for Brathay 30Mar14 Buttons for Brathay 06Apr14 Brighton 04May14 Three Forts 10May14 Bewl Water 18May14 Richmond Park 25May14 The Ox 31May14 Kent Roadrunner 07Jun14 Viking Coastal 08Jun14 Viking Coastal 15Jun14 Littledown 21Jun14 South Downs (2:09) 10Aug14 Salisbury 54321 23Aug14 Thames Meander 30Aug14 Enigma 31Aug14 Enigma 14Sep14 Bacchus 21Sep14 Farnham Pilgrim   New Forest 05Oct14 Clarendon 12Oct14 IOW 25Oct14 Beachy Head  01Nov14 Thames Meander  08Nov14 Enigma Fireworks  09Nov14 Enigma fireworks 29Nov14 Saxon Shore 30Nov14 Saxon Shore  5Dec14 Dymchurch  6Dec14 Dymchurch  7Dec14 Dymchurch  13Dec14 Enigma Christmas  14Dec14 Enigma Christmas

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

That was meant to be in a nice excel table......

There's a seven week void during the summer....

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    530 - I have entered 0

My last mara was January 2012 and my last ultra was also January 2012

By the end of January I was an ex distance runner

Since then I have done 1 half in October 2012 (15th overall 2nd V40) and paced at 1 10km in January this year (ran 37.46 pacing someone)
  • 530am530am ✭✭✭

Pacing @ 37.46/10Km!!!!!

Bloody hell Gobi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Took me 3 months to get back in shape from a 19.30 5km in October to 37.46 paced in January. Currently on a little running I am close to 18mins for 5kms, hoping for a 17.xx on Saturday. Running Eastleigh 10km in a few weeks and have been asked to pace 37.20.

I was a little shifty a few years ago.
  • 530am530am ✭✭✭
    Good Morning L&G

New race jacket arrived yesterday, perfect for Sunday's chilly run. At least I'll look the part.

Gobi are you Kenyan?

Happy weekend all. Not that it matters one jot in my line of employment.
  • Morning all - turbo and swim, again it looks like a horrible SOC and nice day on the way, hopefully bodes well for a bike ride tomorrow. 5.30, the rest of us civilians depend on our weekends. Gobi,we're you a speed machine when you started running, is it natural talent plus hard work, or just the hard work?

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭
    Gobi wrote (see
    I was a little shifty a few years ago.

You were more than shifty. I heard that you held the Enigma course record.

5.30 - i've just been looking at the course recce... i think that i'll be starting a little earlier (8am) as i'm worried about that 18mile cut off... I'm going to put the word out to see if anyone wants to run it with me as it could be a lonely jaunt otherwise!

• Morning you lot

Out for a 45mins off road session.

A cold and frosty one up here and it was good to get out again in daylight 8.20am -9.05am.

NW: 3 robin red breasts, 4 dogs, 1 cat

PW: 1 traffic plod car

Catch up time again soon.

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Emmy, you've got nothing to worry about with this marathon. I did it in 5h10 last year. Others took over 6 hours.They'll be plenty of the usual marathon nutcases. You're quicker than me and I don't give a flying fig over any cut-off times. I'll get round and I'll get my medal, as will you!

• Emmy: All the best for your marathon.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL 530 - just a slightly overweight Welsh jock

Emmy -Does it sound even worse when I confess to never running the Enigma flat out?

Kate - I ran sub 5 for a mile and 16.37 for 5km at 17off basically being a teenager who jogged a bit and played football. Broke 8 mins for 1.5 miles at 18 in the army off a little more running.

Played footy and cricket and Roller Hockey in my 20s and ran a sub 90 min half without running over 8 miles.

Started running more in my mid 30s and went straight to 18.xx for 5km and within 10months I ran 3.07 for the mara and within 18 months I had run sub 3hr 30 for 50km.

I guess I have a little talent but I have a hunger for training and achievement which means I am quite organised in how I train and focus on my events.
  • Morning all - bicycle it is, no rain! Good luck Ballbusting Chris, and to the park runners.

• Morning you lot

Morning Kate

Happy St Davids Day to any Welsh SOC runners.

Been out with Geordie

GNW: The birds were quite noisy this morning, one in particular was 'giving it laldy' (a term for being very noisy in Scottish) near our house. Dry and mildish

• morning all

Emmy and 5:30 - good luck for tomorrow

wish I had a little sporting talent. I was always a good swimmer as a kid but never had any proper coaching etc and never learnt front crawl until a couple of years ago and I am finding progress very frustrating - my breast stroke is still good but is not good for my knees image

yesterday ended up being a rest day - bad night's sleep on Thursday night meant no soc and I had an interview in the afternoon (fingers crossed - sounds like interesting work with excluded kids, but less money so a bit uncertain) got home shattered, had to take eldest son to extra trumpet lesson, then felt too knackered to move

beautiful morning here, but it looks frosty. gym/spin/swim for me this morning...

the OW venue near me opens this weekend, but I think I will wait till it is a bit warmer...

• Morning maths

Not a bad morning here too now.

Dry, coldish but sunny.

• 70 miles done, forgot my overshoes so very cold feet, I shall post a pic later. I have zero natural talent but like training so that compensates. Gobi, nice mix, wonder how many other speedy runners have a roller hockey background. Birky, sounds like our weather is the same top to bottom today.

• Good afternoon all image

14 miles this morning including  Park run very nice here cold start but the sun is making up for its last few months of absence.

Been a busy week Mrs made redundant left on Thursday , yesterday saw in trade mag that the Md at my last company had left .The story didn't sound right and after a few calls found out the MD had taken the company down to its knees half the warehouse staff  made redundant (if I had stayed there I would of been one of them) and it will be touch and go over the next few months for the company's future. 

Good luck to all racing this weekend.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Just run my first sub 18 parkrun since 2011 and it was big .... 17.29 for the win at Kings Lynn

I am very happy with this as it was even better than expected
  • well done gobi image

valis - sorry to hear about your wife's redundancy, but it's good that it isn't both of you at the same time

• Morning you lot

valis: Sorry to hear re Mrs V work situation

Gobi: Well done mateimage

Rest day today ,but been out walking Geordie for 45mins.

NW: 1 owl, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 3 seagulls,1 crow and 2 robin red breasts

Coffee and catch up time.

• Good morning all image

23 miles this morning,started in the rain and finished it in bright sunshine.

NW 2 Heron, 4 horsers lots of ducks,swans and moorhens DW 1 hedgehog

OR 1 and also saw several small groups of anglers setting up for a match.

Maths/Birky Mrs V say thanks but shes glad to be out and it the ones that are left she feels sorry for double the work load and no pay rise for the third year and in some cases a pay cut.

Gobi ,Well done whats next.

• Morning all

6m incl parkrun yesterday and 3 miles with my dog Friday, thinking of taking him to the next parkrun.

Gobi - well done on your parkrun

Valis - glad your wife isn't too down about the work situation

hope everyone is having a good weekend

• morning

valis - certainly sounds like she is better off out of there

15 miles run/walk this morning, it was hard but I stuck with it. No idea how I am going to find another 11 miles for the whole marathon but stubbornness should get me through

• Evening all - 12 miles and a decent swim this morning, muddy, 3 miles uphill, lovely. OR 4 NW multiple sheep and 12 magpies. Valis, nice back to back work, MC, well done on a long run. Gobi, speed merchant. 

• Took the achey legs out for a 10k off road jog this morning.

The BallBuster was tough as usual and the suffering was all the more due to forgetting my cycling gloves! So I rode the first lap with blocks of ice attached to my lower arms and had to make an unscheduled stop to retrieve some thick gloves from the car before continuing. The stop cost me a few minutes and left me in danger of missing the 3 hour cut-off for finishing the cycle leg but I just squeezed in and finished in 4hrs 24 which was considerably slower than my last attempt in November. Still, I was happy to get round in one piece - there were a lot of walking wounded, broken bikes and DNFs. And as someone posted on twitter..

"For any runners who aren,t happy with their run. When you go into work tomorrow, look round and see who could do what you did this weekend"