Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Need now to catch up !

• Hard hat, boots, gloves, goggles, hi viz jacket and ear defenders. Jo, nice few days!

• morning

still in the sick bay, at work though so hoping to shake it off, or pass it on to some kids!!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

Had a lie in and didn't ride until 0600, too much traffic that late in the day `)
  • Morning all - not sure if I can class this as a core workout but coughed from 3am for an hour and 20 minutes so I didn't fancy prancing in the garage before work. NOC run and a swim lesson tonight.

• Morning you lot

A 45 mins off road done earlier and  Geordie enjoys it too

NW: Caught in a hail shower, but saw a cracking rainbow after it.

Also 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 robins,

Coffee and catch up

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

NOC for me and i'm enJoying it!! image What is everyone up to this weekend?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    pacing at a parkrun then doing a TT Sunday has some big miles in it

Others ?
  • Outdoor lido swim tomorrow, bike bike Sunday, wine with a friend Sat afternoon, plus all the usual domestic bliss.

• Off for 18 miler shortly, oh the joys of marathon training.

• Morning

Cold and wet one again up here

pac: That's a good long run. Welcome to the madhouse,in case I haven't said that beforeimage

• Emmy: I'm working a night shift from 11pm -7am tonight into tomorrow.

• Morning all.... Off out on a long one soon. It looks lovely out there. Been struggling for the last few weeks with motivation but had a good run yesterday down in Hastings and feel good for it today. Amazing how the sun changes things image

I've gone booze free for lent too and am noting the difference. What has everyone else given up if you have.

Hope everyone's well (or at least feeling better Maths) image
  • Morning all.... Off out on a long one soon. It looks lovely out there. Been struggling for the last few weeks with motivation but had a good run yesterday down in Hastings and feel good for it today. Amazing how the sun changes things image

I've gone booze free for lent too and am noting the difference. What has everyone else given up if you have.

• morning

you definitely have your mojo back then PSC image

throat is feeling better and rhr is only 5 beats above normal (although it has been a while since I bothered measuring it really) so I reckon if I have an easy day today I will be ok for the half tomorrow. 

easy day will mean I skip the gym and swimming and go shopping instead image also there may be a bike ride with the kids this afternoon to a cafe image if I struggle with the bike ride then I'll know not to run tomorrow!

• Morning all - 10.5 miles 5 tempo OR 3 NW 2 cows, 4 dogs. Then a ridiculously cold swim in the lido, still nut cases in there with no wetsuits. I'm struggling to fit in the long runs at the moment now the bicycle has been dusted down, I shall have to see how spectacularly I blow up at my next marathon. do you do your resting HR when you are still in bed MC, I've never bothered to check mine. Welcome back with your mojo PSC, it is lovely out there with blossom and daffs and all things Spring. For now. Ooh, Saturday night shift birky, still enjoying the job?

• kate - yes, still in bed, which is why I never really bother much, because I am either getting straight up and out and don't have time, or don't want to bother OH still sleeping...

• anyone in the lido at this time of year is bonkers! image

A reasonable paced 13.2 for me. Legs ache now which means Brighton is going to be hard work. Mind you I did squeeze 7 in yesterday too so maybe thats why my legs ache. Still playing with shoes. Nike frees yesterday and brooks adrenalines (old) today. I still feel more comfy in the lighter shoe, but the brooks pure cadence shoes I've got make my L knee hurt. I'm tempted to pop along to sweatshop and ask them to have a look at my running on their treadie. Grr too much choice. Bring back pumps, that's what I say. And green flash trainers. image. OLD SCHOOL. image

3 OR today, lots of farm animals (I do live in the sticks), 1 loose dog which looked a bit grumpy so I turned round and found another route, pheasants galore and lots of wild dafs image I do love this time of year.

Resting HR is a great gauge of health and recovery. I check mine most mornings. There's an app too for smart phone users that checks it. If anyone's interested I will post a link. I had a comedy moment recently at a health check (annual work thing) when the ECG trace came out and the doctor did a double take! It shouldn't be that low he said and started readjusting the machine... Then read my notes and started giggling. "Normally get fat ones in here with a RHR of 75 plus" he said, "yours is 47". image
  • PSC - lol to the drs reaction to your rhr - mine is normally around 50 (well, when I have bothered before, and I am no more unfit than then so I think that is about tight) and this morning it was 55 so not bad. I am feeling fine too so should be good tomorrow, but think I will need to wear shortimageimage it is forecast to be warm, although there is a cold strong wind today

I got a pair of the brooks pure cadence, have only worn them on the tready but think I need the cushioning really for my knackered old kneesimage

trouble with the pheasants is that they seem to like running out in front of my car all the timeimage

• Good run this morning, marathon training has started in ernest with the ridiculous early morning weekend runs image

• Oh and the Muppets trying to hit me in there cars on the country lanes

• Fascinating. Since 2006 I've been happily running in a variety of supporting shoes as I was a pronator. Then I switched to the Nikes in June. I did a gait analysis today and not. Hint of lateral movement through the run cycle anymore. I've changed to a neutral runner and now have a new pair of Brooks Ghosts and will continue doing short runs (
  • Nice day to choose for it PAC. I've always taken the very low tech choice with shoes of, is it comfortable? Couldnt tell you what gait etc I am, just find the Nikes too wide and slide about too much, so have a an all Mizuno wardrobe, I got some freebie racing flats which I wear to track, some minimal yellow ones for shorter road runs, and a clean and dirty pair of normals for longer and off road stuff. My trail shoes used to have an identity but now they just look like fossils as they are so covered in dried mud.

• Weird Kate, I can't wear Nikes, they're to narrow.

I must have fat feet.

• All trailies should look like fossils. image
  • I have fat everything else!