Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Gosh quiet in here. A lovely 8 mile trot along Bournemouth seafront NW 2 foxes OR 5 plus a triathlon heading out to their swim in the sea. Off to Frensham Pond on the way home to swim in Chris' lake.

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

ow plans scuppered this weekend by the fact there is a massive air show close by meaning the roads will be gridlocked

10 hours sleeping last night meant I didn't get up in time for a run this morning either, so being a bit lazy, but starting to get over my general fatigue I think. Swimming tonight anyway so not all lost

• Morning all - HIIT session in the garage this morning, swim and spin later. Saw in the Metro this morning that the festival birky is at had streakers and all sorts yesterday, hope he's keeping them all in line.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry for the absentness - busy with normal life and managing to sleep in so no SOC - up and ready by 7am!

Can anyone answer me a weird question.

I normally run every day with the dog but if i miss a day (e.g. swap a run for a longer walk) I find that the next day - the first 3k are shockingly bad. Sore legs, high heart rate etc. 

I know the answer is to run every day but wanted to see if anyone knew why?

• No idea, but I find the same, which is why I always run the day before a race.

morning

4 miles for me this morning and I am heading to the pool straight after school to try to get 3k+ swum, a bit boring in a pool. I am trying a different pool in the hope that there won't be too many people there

Emmy - no idea about your question!

• MoomkinMoomkin ✭✭✭

Emmy, I'm the same but have I'm blaming old age!  There is probably a science about it somewhere but I think if I don't run then I kind of give the body a chance to stiffen up. I train for marathons but even when I have a 4 or 5 run per week program then the only way I can follow it is to do a 'dog walk run' on my days off.

• Hiyas peeps, I'm still alive! Been busy at work a bit, and ooop north last weekend with no interweb watching the TDF. Awesome. I want 3 weeks off now so I can tour with them. Not so sure my work colleagues would want me away that long. image Back to the grind now. Up tomorrow and if early enough will run, then possibly a sea swim at lunch time. Will see.

Some mates of mine were at birky's gig and said it was fab.
  • Morning all..... What's occurring?
  • Morning all - welcome back PSC. Garage bouncing again for me after a tough track session last night, blew it all on my first 800m rep then had to go behind a tree and lose the compression shorts as they were doing very strange things to my insides. Debating either a try out with the local tri club in the pool tonight, or the Gibbett Hill 10K which is mainly up a hill, and I have been thoroughly trounced at previously by Chris. Sounds like you have a great time in t'North, just got a glimpse of things speeding by in London on Monday but no yellow sheep or spotty cafes in the smoke. Happy hump day.

morning

4 miles again for me this morning

NW - loads of slugs and snail after yesterday's rain

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Welcome back PSC

Kate - Hows training going?

Mathschick - It was a snail/snug massacre this morning for me as well (especially as Boyska likes to try and eat them :/)

Moomkin wrote (see)

Emmy, I'm the same but have I'm blaming old age!  There is probably a science about it somewhere but I think if I don't run then I kind of give the body a chance to stiffen up. I train for marathons but even when I have a 4 or 5 run per week program then the only way I can follow it is to do a 'dog walk run' on my days off.

Its good to know that it's not just me! I've tried the walk/run but it doesnt seem to help with the stiffness. I guess its just running every day, right?image

SOC for me again.

NW: 1 suicidal goose, 5 ducks, lots of snails and slugs.

1Ninja cyclist and 1 christmas tree cyclist

• A'noon you lot.

Hyde Park was long shifts in the sunshine,well bar a torrential downpour on Sunday evening !

Cracking warm and sunny day here.image

Lots to catch up on

• It's always warm and sunny down here Burkyimage

Ah Kate, the scourge of the compression shorts. I presume you had another pair on top or perhaps a long t shirt? image

Watch out for Geese. They are bloody good guard dogs! Well you know what I mean.

Lunch time run for me today. Sea swim tomorrow and a bit of Shakespeare in the park tomorrow evening. It had better stay dry!
  • It's due to tip down on the Property Industry bike ride tomorrow PSC, but hopefully will be dry for you later. Try out swim session with the local tri club was great, I may even venture back on Friday.....

• Oh is that tomorrow. Have fun. That's come around quickly! That reminds me, I might rejoin Ashford masters. They were a good bunch, but I wasn't getting my money's worth last year as I wasn't swimming.
  • Morning all - a nice day dawning for my 64 mile bike ride today, as it's an industry thing I think they'll be a lot of alpha maling and fast riding going on, I shall employ the usual hare/tortoise strategy. Oh and PSC, there were 2 pairs of shorts, I wouldn't scare my club mates like that.

• Morning you lot

Morning Kate

Just a wee 30mins easy as I'm tired.

NW: 2 cats, 4 cows, 6  horses, 2 cyclists No Skyer...T de F ?image

Warm sunny day again hereimage

psc: Yeah but sometimes we have drought warnings with 5 dry and sunny days in a row up here mate. image Dunno why, with all the rain we have the other 11months and 3 weeks of the year.

morning all

nothing for me today, I was awake but enjoyed just lying there in a cool breeze that came through the window image

Kate - have fun on the bike

• Morning again

Kate: Sorry I thought that was a 6.4 miles bike ride today for you ! Doh !!imageimage

Morning maths

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Kate - Show ém what you're made of! image Good luck on the bike ride!

PSC - Hope that it stays dry for Shakespeare today.

Birky - That's a lot to see in 30 mins! All i get is my normal suicidal geese, 2 dogs and 4 cows on my run!

it was the first day for me that it didnt rain whilst we were out. I'm tired though so cut it down to 45mins... somehow i've managed to sign up to the beach marathon in Den Haag this weekend to cap off a double (Ranscombe saturday/ Den Haag on Sunday).

• Morning emmy:

Nah not really as I ran 5 mins each way on paths, then through an underpass and then did 20 mins in farm fields.

We stay close to the countryside, but the fields I ran on today overlook Glasgow Airport and an old A class road. It used to be the main road from Glasgow down to Greenock. 

• Oh and got a free copy of May's RW from the local library yesterday, along with a few copies of cycling weekly (says this very quietly)

Off to watch Tour de France now ! image

• Morning all - 6 miles OR 3, unusual, NW 14 rabbits 5 magpies, beautiful along the canal path, then some garage prance. Back for another go with the swimming people tonight. Bike ride yesterday was good, if a little hilly, 5300ft in 64 (not 6.4) miles, at one point I looked round and a load of people had sneaked in behind me and I was pulling along a train of 8 riders, very sporting of me. Birky, what's this, are you joining your Sky rider on the bike? Emmy, those marathons sound some way apart from each other, and on sand, well, you'll be tired on Sunday night for sure. You must put in some ridiculous mileage in pursuit of the 100. MC, the nights have been much cooler recently, today looks like it's going to be a stonker.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Birky - That sounds like a good bargain from your local library!

Kate - My original plan was to come over just for the day as I was going to leave Boyska with a friend of mine but they have to go away now so he's coming with me for the day. Den Haag is only an hour from me but you're right... it's a LONG drive but luckily the Den Haag one starts at 4.30pm so i've got a bit of a break. My aim for 2014 was to try ones that i've never done before and as i'm only really able to do two weekends a month try to make the most out of it.

Next weekend is a midsummer marathon in Friesenland. I've heard that it's a "special" marathon.

I overslept this morning... *cough*. Read: lazing in bed so i'm going to run later on

morning all

4 slow miles for me this morning, it seems to be getting light much later now and I soon won't be able to go down the trail again in the mornings image although that will force me to tackle some gradients as the trail is totally flat

Emmy - good luck for the weekend, I wouldn't fancy running on sand

birky - will you be joining kate at an ironman next year??

• Morning emmy, kate and maths

It's to be 21 degrees and sunny/warm here todayimage

Working at the Diamond League at Hampden tonight.

Mrs B and Miss B are going too .

• Morning you lot

Great athletics at Hampden last night I enjoyed itimage

I was trackside last night and I'm working at it today. Off to get train at 8am.

Mrs and Miss B are going too.

Brekkie calling

morning all

off to ow swimming this morning image

• Morning all.... Just woken. Bike for me later as today looks like it should be nice so will long run tomorrow in the rain! Lots to do. Have fun all the Bs at the track.