Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning!image

Only kidding.... Something/one has kept me awake for the last hour. image
  • Mornng psc ?!

Start Commonwealth Games work at 8am. It's been changed from night shifts !

Just done 30mins very easy

Brekkie time

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

PSC - hope you got back to sleep. I have been awake since 3image got up and did 4.5 miles though

birky - have fun at the games

oh - my last day in this job imageimage

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Mathschick - many congratulations!

PSc - hope you managed to get some sleep?

I was a NOC today but managed a threshold  run pace. Felt hard but awesome!

• Morning you lot

30mins easy off road

NW: 3 cats, 1 dog, 1 cyclist, 2 snails, 6 horses, 10 cows

I worked a long shift until 9.30pm last night

Saw some of the Aussie road cycling team out for a session yesterday probably covering some of the road race course.

9am start today.

Maths: Congratsimage

morning all

stayed in bed this morning because I could image

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Birky - How were the team going? Were they looking in contention to beat us?image

Maths - very jealous!

NOC for me again.... whilst i can! 10k in glorious sunshine and luckily not too humid

• Morning all, I've caught up on my sleep. image and been lunch time running to do so. Bliddy hot at lunchtime, but lovely too. I love summer.

Well, the games have commenced! Looking good ooop north. What happened to Mo.

Maths, the final day arrived then. Whoop whoop!
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

PSC - I think it just shows that Mo is only human after all... Fantastic showing in the tri though!

Maths - how are you enjoying the break?

Another NOC in an attempt to regain my sleep. 8k tempo and felt suprisingly good!

• Bom dia from Portugal - pleased to say I have been flying the SOC flag over here, lots of running and a 65 mile bike through the hills. Nicest NW was a man out walking his goats this morning. Lucky you on a nice long break MC. Haven't watched any tv yet but the triathlon looked great, we are divided from birky over the next few weeks as he's the wrong side of the border. Right then, sunbed beckons, sounds like you're all enjoying the sunshine too.

morning

managed to catch the end of the bike and the run for both triathlons - the women's was exciting, the mens was good, but didn't have the excitement of a battle at the end

first few days of holiday are about doing boring things - getting eldest son packed up and sent off to scout camp, ought to do some housework too!! 

Had a lazy day yesterday, had intended to go for a swim in the afternoon but at 30 degrees I just couldn't face going out again. Got lots of rest though image

no SOC this morning as I had the NHS health check thing and had to go before eating, so didn't fancy an early run without food afterwards. Will have a run this evening when it is cooler

• Morning all. Portugal sounds fab Kate. Grey start here. Lots to do!

Have a good weekend all..
  • Morning you lot

They are keeping me busy with 12 hour shifts !

Both the Marathons at The Green tomorrow. Ya Beautyimage

emmy: They were looking quite fit !image 

We also have the Cycling Time Trial and Cycling Road race next week. Yes !

• It is glorious. 6.5 miles this morning, but my saddest ever DW a black kitten, tried not to look.

morning

nothing for me this morning, as I need to get up before 4 tomorrow to get to outlaw and swim I thought I would have a lie in. 

• Good luck for tomorrow MC. Birky, we don't have a tv but I'm trying to follow as much as I can online, Glasgow looks sunny!

• whoop whoop GO PIRATE.  Smash it Maths.  You will have some great support out there, Outlaw is pirate friendly to say the least!

A full day cross training in the garden.  Upper body is smashed now.  

Gobi is in Paris!  I'm jealous.  I've seen a couple of TdF finishes in Paris and the atmosphere is immense! 

• Morning you lot

kate; It certainly has been sunny. Thankfully yesterday and today were/wil be cooler.

Off to CG at 7am. Marathon Day today.

Met Daley Thomson yesterday. One of my all time athletics heroes.image He'd a laugh and a joke with us.

Have a good one

• Can I share you hero Birky. DT was a boyhood inspiration to me too.

Sun and windy today. Might do a little brick session then bed shopping apparently.

Have a great day folks
  • Morning you lot

Foggy here

psc: No probs mate.

Start work at 0930 today and tomorrow.

It poured down yesterday

NW: 3 cats, 1 dog.

• Morning all - what's happening, I come back to torrential rain and a thunderstorm? Hour on the turbo and weights, worried my tan would wash off on a run. Marathon looked great yesterday birky.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Birky - how was the race?

Kate - Welcome back. I woke up this morning to the same and the dog is looking anxiously outside and looking like he's asking: are we really going out there?!

MC - how was outlaw?

• emmy: Dunno as where I was working meant that I never really saw much of it bar the first 25mins of the mens race !image

hi

had a brilliant day yesterday, feeling very tired today though as I didn't sleep very well

Slept well Sat night, up ridiculously early, eating porridge is hard in the summer, but it is always my pre-race brekki so needed to have it as routine, felt emotional waiting for the swim start, then for the first few minutes of the swim, hated it, didn't want to be in the stinking horrible water, a bit of self-talk, then mixed up breast stroke and fc a bit to ward off the cramp I keep getting when I swim, finally got into a proper rhythm and ended up enjoying the swim, although I was slower than I had wanted to be, still well within the cutoff. 1:52 for the swim, out cyclist took 7:55 (we were a bit close to the cut off there) and runner 5:04, making our total time about 14:54image

a long day, loved itimage

• Morning all - lots of jumping in the garage, track tonight, feel better after a full 6 hours sleep after the 3 the night before. MC, sounds like a great day out, my finger is hovering over the entry button for next year but a month after IM Austria not sure..... Great run from Adam Gemili last night in the 100m, seems like a very nice chap.

• Maths, you are an OUTLAW. Fab.

Morning gang.
  • Morning you lot

A 0930-2300 shift today at CG !

Mrs and Miss B are going to the athletics

Saw Paula Radcliffe out running last night and two Aussies in the morning. All wavedimage

Catch up time soon over brekkie

• Morning Birky. That's a long day!

Kate, how was Portugal btw?
  • Lovely, lots of sunshine, green wine, fresh fish but unfortunately a little bit work on the side. Back to reality with no octopus or lunchtime Coronas for a while now.