Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Morning you lot

20mins easy. Off to work soon. Legs are feeling a bit stiff.

Dry, cold clear sky. Not a bad morning again.

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, 1 cyclist who was going at a decent pace.1 black and white cat, 1 Kingsmill Van.

PW: 1 car

I'm nearly 48 and been called a grumpy old git for years. image

Coffee and catch up.

• maths: All the best with the swimathon from the grumpy old gitimage

• and all the best for the swimathon from the old dear!

• Good morning all

Rest day for me today.

Maths good luck tonight.

Chris, Nice to be back, If you are an old dear then your going to need one of these.

/members/images/510108/Gallery/2012-big-size-travel-shopping-bag-with-two-wheels.jpg

very handy for transporting all your kit to races and doing  the weekly shop afterwards.

Birky ,Thankfully I have only seen a couple of games this season so far I could describe as rubbish and the Bradford one I actually did enjoy in a strange beauty of the cup sort of way.

• Morning all - turbo for me, run and swim later, not 5K though, good luck MC. What are the temperatures like at Frensham at the moment Chris?

• Nice man bag, perfect for the FARTS gear.

• Ha ha! Brilliant! 

Kate, the water temperature is fine for shortish non-wetsuit swims although having said that, I made a navigational error last night (aimed for the wrong buoy) and added about 10 minutes to my planned 20 minute swim.

Had blue hands and uncontrollable shivering afterwards so definitely stayed in too long!

On the plus side the water is incredibly clear and free of weeds/duck shit!

My son's training for Ironman Muskoka so he's using the lake for long (wetsuited) training swims. We have a DIY sprint tri that we do over there once a week. Feel free to join us on Sunday if you want.

Cycling today! 

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Ugh, cold water. Not for me.

Physio exercises and spin for me today. Not sure why but my right calf is as tight as hell this morning. Perhaps that's my body trying to protect my hamstring?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hello

Working away here and training smart, just had some testing done and have now implemented a few changes.

Still out in SOCS and pushing out NOCS

24 hours in a day and I use lots of them

Not looking forward to OW swimming
  • evening

no soc and somehow managed to do the 5k swim 20 mins faster than last year image

• Morning you lot

Been out with Geordie. Dawn chorus just starting.

NW: 1 owl, 1 black and white cat,

Off to work soon. A 6.30 start. Long shift till 8pm !

Have a good one.

• Good morning all

a touch over two and a half miles this morning. Ran in some fields close by where i first started running and was rewarded with 2 Roe deer and several rabbits.

A little rest now before going and putting out the Park Run direction signs and Km markers. Later today off to SW6  with my youngest  nephew to hopefully see a blues win today. 

Maths, Well done on the swim yesterday.

• morning all

valis - busy day, well done on the run and NW

argh, spending so long on the pool yesterday has meant I have been sneezing and snotty all night, damn chlorine. I used beconase which usually fixes it, but my hayfever is also terrible at the moment.

anyway, despite being a bit achy, the kids have woken me by arguing so may as well go spinning and swimming as usual rather than staying here listening to the arguing all day!

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Good job on the swim, maths. I have the same issue with chlorine (although I don't get hayfever) so I don't swim. I just feel to sick and miserable afterwards.

Not good news for me. I'm not sure if it was something my physio did or the run on Thursday morning but my right calf is very sore and tight. It feels different to how it did when I tore it last year but it also feels like more than DOMS. It has probably been working harder to compensate for the hamstring and has now gone on strike. Not happy. If it doesn't clear up in a day or two then that half marathon in two weeks is unlikely.

I did some weights and yoga today but the planned long run tomorrow is not going to happen. I don't want to make things worse, at this point (since I have another half later in May so if I have to skip the first one, I may be able to get myself right for that one).

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Returned to multisport yesterday and came 2nd overall and 1st vet at Newbury Duathlon

Looking forward to a morning out on the bike now.

Have a good one
  • Good morning all

4.5 lsr this morning 

Nw two roe deer and 3 muntjac.

Very good return to multisport Gobi congratulations.

• well done gobi 

cal - some pools use different chemicals and I am fine in them, no idea what the chemicals are though!

feeling a bit lazy but going to turbo and then run later this afternoon. Swimming this evening too....

• Morning all - 16 miles done, pool next. lots of OR, sheep and dogs. Nice work Gobi and MC.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

So no long run today. Calf still tight and angry. Did some stuff in the gym (rehab and a few sets of squats) and then went to yoga. Hammy seems to be improving a little but calf problem needs to go away. Argh!

Good job the rest of you.

• Morning all - turbo for me, and a freezing cold commute, sun's out now though.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    hi all

Back in the car at 500 so on the Watt bike in the gym just after 0700.

All is good, no body damage at all from the weekend.

Take care
  • I'd love to run early in the morning to avoid people and sun exposure but even running at 8 wakes half my house up! 

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Back to school today. Miraculously, my calf has loosened up overnight. I've been wearing calf sleeves for the past three days so that may have done something. I'm hopeful of being able to run tomorrow.

Oh and my Richmond half race number arrived in the post today. I've not run more than 7 (and a bit) miles since my last half on March 22nd so I'm not sure how I would do even if the leg is happy. Anyone got any input?

• well, I have done half marathons with crappy training, but then I never really expect to do more than finish and am not bothered about time. You will struggle. You might aggravate your niggle/injury but you would get round

is it important enough to you to risk it? Are you bothered about a good time? 

• Hill reps and steps, followed by swim clinic, it will take more than a clinic to fix my swim. Cal, as MC says, if you just want to complete go for it, if you think it will aggravate the leg problems then don't. My long runs between marathons are hopeless so I tend to block out the lack of mileage and hope for the best.

Emmy, did I see your name on the start list for the big one, bigger than London, North Dorset Villages?

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I better just not say anything.

night all
  • Good morning all

2.5 miles this morning and tried to up the pace a little.

Cal , You said earlier last week that you think the calf problem arose because it was working harder to compensate for the dodgy hamstring . You would be better off I think kicking this half in to touch and sorting out the main problem (Hamstring) and aim to be ready for your second half. Or you may find that you have a hamstring and a calf problem that will stop you from doing both halves.

• Morning all

I normally post on the Paris Marathon thread, but seeing as it is over for another year, and I got up at stupid o clock to run this morning, thought I would check in and say hello to you other early birds. Three miles at easy pace, trying to ignore my watch at the moment and just pace how my body feels. Does anybody else do that?
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Welcome, Heidi.

Beautiful day today. Went out at 6 for a test run. I decided to stick to laps of Tooting Common so that a) I could avoid crossing too many roads and b) I wouldn't have far to come home if anything started hurting. Ended up running 11.5 miles at an average of 10:15 which is my HM pace. The miles were getting slower towards the end, mind you.

Legs behaved, more or less - they got tired and achey but that's pretty normal even when I'm 100%. The only bit that gave me any trouble was my lower back and I'm starting to wonder if this is the root of my various issues (SI joint dysfunction can cause sciatica-like symptoms and I know I'm hypermobile). I'm going to have my masseur/osteo have a look when I go for my massage on Monday.

I won't be running again until Sunday but I'm going to monitor myself, continue with my rehab and mobility work and see how I feel. I'm quite hopeful about Richmond though. If I recover nicely then it's definitely on.

• Morning all - another swim analysis session for me this morning, 42 second improvement on my 400m pace so happy with that, more work needed and a new 10 week programme to get going with. Welcome along Heidi. For some runs I don't look at time, particularly early morning when I've trained the night before, but more often than not at the moment I am trying to heave my carcass along a little bit quicker or up a hill.