Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I nearly said morning :??)

Got up with desires to ride outside and it was 3 degrees, I have become soft and went to the gym and sat on the gym bike.
  • evening

it was freezing here this morning, literally, ice on the car

I turboed and had a sunny insect-laden run this evening. Nice to be out in the sun but I do get bitten to death!

• Track tonight, 3 miles through the woods on the way there, also inhaling insect, 2 x 800m, 1 x 3200m, 2 x 800m, a toughie. Gobi, I think MC has given you an out with the ice.

• Good morning all

2.5 miles this morning.

Heidi , Welcome

Maths, I also get bitten by every insect under the sun, I often think that I'm the equivalent of 3 stared michelin restaurants for insects.

Kate, Inhaling insects is that one of those new legall highs ?

• Thanks guys. Another three miles of my reverse taper nailed. Still trying (and generally failing) to ignore my watch. The funny thing is, easy pace turns out to be quicker than the marathon pace I found so hard a couple of weeks ago... go figure. So lovely running early in these beautiful spring mornings! The woods are looking greener.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    nice to be home and run with the 5am crew then a trip to the doctors

So I was informed by the Doctors that as a man of a certain age I should come for a heart attack risk assessment. The result was 1.6% so basically NONE !!

Onwards to victory then ...
  • evening

good news gobi

just a little turbo for me this morning because I needed to get to school early

• Good morning all

2.5 miles this morning, 

Had the pleasure of fitting a bung in my motorbike rear tyre last night after removing the 2 inch nail that had puntured it on the way to work.

Mrs V s heart attack assement when I had told her that I had reinflated the tyre at work and ridden home with the nail actting as a bung was about 98%.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL Valis :??)

I went swimming, it sucks or is it just I suck ?
  • Afternoon all - 5 mile run this morning, 1 squirrel, PW 1 probably heading for the mini crashed into a bollard and abandoned, 1 Hovis van. Spin and swim tonight. Ha ha valis, sometimes it's best not to share these things with other halves. At least you're not going to have a heart attack in the pool Gobi.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    God bless good bike kit

Call from MrsG last night that she had closed the M4 by bouncing her bike off an Audi. 110 miles driven (legally offiicer) to collect her from Wexham park. Broken Collarbone/chipped ankle bone and some bruising. Her fault no issues and just glad we invest money in good clothing. Her boots may well have saved her Ankle from serious injury.

Strangely no training from me this morning :??)
  • Glad to hear she is ok bar the injuries. You could of popped in for a drink I'm only a couple of miles from the hospital.

• Get well soon to Mrs G, but why was she cycling on the M4? Turbo, run, swim for me yesterday, just preparing for a long bike now, by eating, but the rain has arrived, always just in time for the weekend. Enjoy it anyway.

• Good morning all

3 miles this morning. Also raining here but nice and warm with it. 

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

That's scary, Gobi. Glad she's OK. I'm assuming motorbike not bicycle?

Not great news for me. I've had a pain in the SI joint since Wednesday. It has improved a little but it likes to give me a nice, sharp jab if I move in a way it doesn't like. Wed - Fri were school days so I did my 3 mile walk to the tube each morning. Also played a little tennis (well, knocked a ball around) with my Year 6 girls yesterday and it was OK for that.

Today I did some weights (upper body) and yoga. Had to adapt a few of the poses. Depending on how I feel tomorrow morning I may try a short run. Seeing my masseur/osteo on Monday so I'll see if he can do anything for me, otherwise I may have to skip that half next weekend.

Good luck to anyone doing London tomorrow. Marathon's on my bucket list but I need to sort my body out first.

• Evening team. 80 bike miles and 3 running. DW was particularly impressive with 1 frog and 2 rats. Emmy, I am guessing you have reached the magic 100 today, congratulations. First ever duathlon tomorrow, probably heading for the slowest bike split of the day.

• Best of luck for tomorrow Kate and if your right congratulations Emmy.

• Emmy - congratulations

gobi - hope Mrs G is ok, must have been scary

spinning and swimming for me today, followed by lunch with a friend which was nice

• Good morning all

6 mile lsr this morning through the park.

Nw 3 ducks in a pond and 1 wandering seemingly lost in the woods. one snail avoided just and a couple of rabbits. 1 OR and his dog.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Drizzly 3.68 mile test run today. Glute a bit grumbly but didn't get any sharp jabs from the SI joint so that's a plus. I'd say it's a pass, but with a C grade rather than an A. I'll try a slightly longer run on Tuesday (or possibly even tomorrow - the gym is closed for refurbishment so I can't do my normal Monday weights and spin). Took it pretty steady - average 10:22 min/mi.

Among the usual Tooting Common birds (robins, sparrows, starlings, parakeets, crows, wood pigeons) I saw a light brown thrush-type bird I didn't recognise - it had what looked like cream bars on its wings. The RSPB bird identifier drew a blank. Any bird lovers have any ideas?

• morning 

I have no idea about birds Cal!

stayed in bed this morning despite it being a beautiful morning, just a bit overtired I think!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning all

3 hours on the bike all done early, lots to do today.

MrsG crashed a motorbike image

She is in very good spirits to be honest and looking forward to getting a new bike
  • Makes sense now Gobi. Duathlon done, I am not good at going fast on a bike into a headwind, fun morning out but not my new sport. Paula signing out of marathon running with an impressive 2.36, her WR must be one of the biggest ever sporting achievements.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Good job, Kate! I can't even ride a bike (true story) so you're one up on me.

Did yoga after my run this morning. I could do a lot more in the class than I could yesterday so I think I'm on the mend.

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

With Emily for her 99th and 100th marathon. She made it look easy....few more for me yet.

• Morning all - turbo, weights and core for me, typical, it's Monday and the sun comes back. Not that long to go for you 5.30, then what will you do with your weekends?

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Sun's gone in again now! I thought about running but as I ran yesterday and plan on running tomorrow, I decided not to as my body doesn't much like running on consecutive days. But I had a pain-free wake-up for the first time in a few days. Yay! (Back's been worst in the mornings).

Saw the masseur/osteo. He tested my SI joints and said they were fine, although very mobile as I suspected. My calves, glutes, outer hams and outer quads are very tight, however. He did some work on those and sent me on my way. Rather than leaving it another month, as I usually do, I'm going back in two weeks as I'll be trashed from my next half.

Also did yoga. Body's definitely getting its mojo back but I'm really going to have to do a lot of strength work to get my legs in better shape.

• 530am530am ✭✭✭

Kate.......200!

• evening

530 - nice to hear from you, hope you are well

freezing this morning but a nice 5 miles done, and a good club swim tonight too image

• Good morning all

3 miles this morning trying to add a little pace.

Nw 1 fox  and 1 muntjac .

Cal, My boss is a bit of a twitcher though he denies it , he thinks your bird might be a dunnock.

5.30, Are you not setting the bar quite low with 200 image