Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

It was much too big for a dunnock. It was probably a jay but I could have sworn it was light brown, not pinkish with black bits. It could have been a bird with a colour mutation - blackbirds and crows sometimes have white feathers in places.

5.5 miles at HM pace (well, slightly faster - I'd aimed for 10:15 miles but managed two sub 10s among that lot. Slightly achey in the usual places but I felt energetic.

Yoga later.

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Lovely to see PSC and 5.30 this weekend.

Kate - thank you for your kind wishes image

PSC - what a really lovely surprise to see you on Saturday. Completely unexpected but very much appreciated. Apologies for the sweaty hug!

530am wrote (see)

With Emily for her 99th and 100th marathon. She made it look easy....few more for me yet.

5.30 - Was a real pleasure to see you so often this weekend ;P

530am wrote (see)

Kate.......200!

Oh god... now he's said it! image

Thank you for all of your kind wishes. I'm back out at SOC whilst work continues to be hectic so i'll try to catch up with you all at lunch.

Heidi - lovely to see you here image

• emmy - massive well done

turbo this morning then a run this evening

• Good morning all

3 miles this morning

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Just 10 and a bit for me this morning, keeping the Wednesday run going even as cycling takes over almost completely.

This 70.3 will be the death of me
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

A lovely little run this morning. I'm fully getting into spring as the dogs are chasing every baby rabbit and bird around image

Valis - good to see you back image

Gobi - you love it really ;0)

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Probably E mmy, still hate swimming mind
  • evening

rest day for me, I picked a good day to not soc as it was chucking it down image

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Rest for me too, unless you count the walk part of my commute. (Oh and some light badminton with Year 3 and throwing and catching with Reception). Back was quite achey after an afternoon standing when I took my Year 5s to a netball tournament. Nothing awful though.

• Good morning all 

3 miles this morning a chilly start and struggled through it today for no good reason I could think of.

Emmy Cheers it's nice to be back running and the injury seems to be sorted. 

• E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've decided that going out at NOC (7.30) just isn't worth the hassle of every man and his dog walking around off lead image

Gobi - Me too... I just cant seem to get the hang of it.

Valis - that's great news RE: Injury image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Off to the track for a spot of bike racing this evening

Swam this morning still hate it

Onwards to somewhere
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Strange night at the race, got blown out the back so did a 20 minute test chasing them. Good numbers but still blown away by the speed.

Got outside on the bike today, hoping this is the start of morning riding outside again.

Hello
  • mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

I love swimming. I am not that fast, and only learnt front crawl a couple of years ago, but love being in the water. I am probably better at swimming than I am at running and cycling, but it is all relative.

Anyway, yesterday was swimming and today I am going for an evening run, I am hoping it is too chilly and windy for all those annoying bugs to be out!

• Good morning all

3.35 miles this morning  going to do a  cardio work out in a minute.

Nw 2 rabbits and three Magpies.

I like swimming but rarely go these days, between the ages of eleven and sixteen I used to go once a week early sunday mornings. Last summer I decided while injured to go lane swimming to keep up my fitness. First couple of weeks fine although there was only about four to five lanes available and around three to five people per lane of mixed ability so often having to slow down when cathing up with the swimmer in front as to go past would block the returning swimmer.

Then the last couple of weeks I went it was unbearable had  swimmers who would only do half a length then stop dead tread water for a bit or stand up where possible look around then swim back directly towards the oncoming swimmers. and others would take a short cut across the lanes instead of walking around the pool.

As for the life guards a couple of times I had to ask them to to set the pool up for lane swimmimg as they had forgot and seemed oblivious to anyof the things happening in the pool..

Rant over 

valis - those kind of things are what led me to joining a swimming club - no more lane rage and swims are really enjoyable. Only drawback is everyone getting out and needing to use the showers at the same time - but that is like a social time image

soc this morning to get son ready for Duke of Edinburgh expedition. How many times do I need to tell him to put his toothbrush in??????

then turbo and swimming (with the club)

• Afternoon all - 4 mile run, 3K swim and a cycle round the route of my upcoming half IM planned for later, nice taper before North Dorset Villages marathon tomorrow. Valis, next time you go just put on flippers, snorkel and paddles and zoom through the lane hoggers. Bet he still forgets the toothbrush MC.

• He may take the tooth brush but it doesn't mean he will use it????

valis - you might think that is a joke! But on Thursday when he packed his toothbrush so he could take his backpack for a kitcheck, he decided not to unpack it and did't brush his teeth Thursday night. Wasn't going to brush them on Friday either, but admitted it to me on Friday morning when I told him to brush them before going to school. I think the neighbours might have heard my reactionimage

• Good morning all

7 lsr miles straight after watching the over hyped boxing ,Mrs V throws more punches puffing up the pillows than I saw in that yawn fest.

Nw 6 rabbits several crows and a couple of sleeping fishermen in under their brollys come tents. next to the lake.

Kate, Good luck on your mara today, just running or after a time ?

Maths, I think the phrase a mothers work is never done will always be relevant as long as there are sons.

Right time for a bath and brush my teeth before picking up the nephew and hopefully going to see the league won today at SW6

• He may take the tooth brush but it doesn't mean he will use it????
  • Don't know how that happened
  • Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Richmond Half today and with all the issues I've had plus the beginnings of a cold (which I've managed to fight off but left me tired enough to doze off in the staff meeting on Friday afternoon!!) I didn't think I'd be up for it today, but I went and managed a PB. Not sure on the official time yet as I started my Garmin after the horn went as I was still walking but Garmin said 2:10:33 and it was a bit over 2:11 on the finish clock. Either way it's a minute or two faster than Wimbledon and 7-8 minutes faster than I ran the same race in 2011.

Was aiming for 10:15 mile pace but all but four of the miles were sub-10, despite all my niggles and grumps. I guess I'll need to aim for a sub-2:10 next (although the next half is only three weeks away so not sure I'll be recovered enough by then).

I'm sore but happy. Wish I'd put more anti-chafe gel on though.

Kate - how did you get on?

• I had a shocker, big course PW. Still my favourite race though, post match analysis is that I think I must have been carrying a virus of some sort as I was boiling after 3 miles but running easy, and have had night sweats most of this week. Oh well, chalk it down to a training run this time, still had a lovely day out. Well done to you Cal.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Maybe it's the same thing I've been fighting - I've had a few hot flushes this week but I put it down to my age! Heh heh.

valis - I note you are using your toothbrush image 

cal - well done

kate - well done on finishing even if you didn't get the result you wanted. Hope you are ok and the virus goes away quickly

well, haven't done anything today - didn't wake up till late, then had to go to Derbyshire to collect the smelly teenagerimage and one of his team. The car journey back wasn't pleasant. We did have a nice lunch before getting him and a browse in our favourite outdoor shops in Hathersage

• PSCPSC ✭✭✭

Bad luck Kate.... nothing wrong with a training run and the distance is still done!

Valis, welcome back to the fold.

I'm lurking but not training much at the moment hence no posts.  No targets set, no races booked.  

Just about to head of and fix my dad's computer!  That will be a long trip for a easy fix.  Shame he doesn't bank with Barclays - he could do with a digital angel!

• Good morning all

Just a tad under three and a half miles run this morning.

Cal, Well done on the PB  you must be feeling confident of beating the time again at your next half.

Kate, Well done for finishing.

Psc, Cheers, hope you got that computer fixed was it hardware or a software problem.