Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

Morning all - gosh, am I the first one here? Taper starts today, so just a swim so far today, bike and another swim later.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

kate - not sure that is anyone else's idea of a taper!

been feeling a bit crappy so nothing for me yesterday or today - shame as the weather is nicer!

• Options

I have decided that swimming doesn't count as I don't use my legs very much. I'm not very good at this rest day/tapering lark.

• Options

Good morning all

4 miles this morning .

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Morning. I was out a little before 6 this morning despite not having to work today. My sleep has been terrible lately - I wake up a lot during the night and I've been sweating like a horse. I'm a bit worried that I'm starting to hit the big M. image

Anyway, hammy felt pretty good after yesterday's sports massage, although my adductors were a bit sore from the gym (I did some squats - first time in a couple of weeks due to the gym being closed for refurbishment).

Decided to do some intervals and really surprised myself.

Plan was 1 mile warm-up, 2 miles fast, 1 mile recovery, 1 mile fast, and the rest recovery. Times were 10:16, 9.03 (slightly uphill for most of it), 8.37 (slight downhill for first half), 10:43, 8:48 and 10:49 pace for the last .9 of a mile. (Usually it's half a mile home from the last interval but I did an extra lap of the duck pond to cool down and relax a bit. No babies on the pond yet but there are a pair of nasty swans there who pretty much prevent the other waterfowl from raising families, the bastards).

I was hoping to get a bit under a 9 minute mile so I was stunned at getting two that were well under! On that basis I should be able to smash my next 10K, although I don't have one planned for the immediate future. I might go back and do the Battersea Park one again as it's fast but the next one is August so it could be hot. Or not, as this is England after all.

• Options

Good morning all

4 miles this morning .The slightly chilly air encouraged me to push alittle to get the circulation going.

Cal, Good work on the intervals.

Kate, No post yesterday did you have a rest day as part of your taperimage  

• Options

Morning - turbo for me, used my legs a bit too hard at track last night to run, so no valis, no rest day. I know it's not good but I'm not psychologically equipped to have a rest, anyway, I had a day off in Jan. A sunshine day forecast today.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

turbo for me too this morning and an evening run, far too many bugs

• Options
    PSCPSC ✭✭✭

And this morning I ran!   TaDah.... I feel my mojo flooding back into me. 

Waves cheerfully at everyone SOC hugs all round. 

• Options

Good morning all

4 miles this morning on very tired legs,  I did 25 minutes of prancing around the living room last night.

Psc,image

Kate, A day off in January I hope you are truly ashamed of your laziness image

• Options

Morning all - 4.5 miles for me, NW 2 rabbits, PW 1. PSC, you're back!

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Welcome back, PSC.

My sleep has been very patchy recently so I've been waking up at SOC but my Achilles is niggling again so I figured going out and running on it when I was tired was probably a bad idea, especially with the next half just over a week away. Achilles got quiet for a bit when my hammy was hurting and now the hammy has calmed down, it has started complaining again. Grr!

Anyway, I've now added Ealing to my list of autumn halves. I was a bit leery of running on roads but, as my school is there, I thought it might be quite nice to do.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hi PSC - good to have you back image

turbo for me this morning although my legs weren't very happy about it

• Options

Glad the 25 min prance is back valis - focus. Spin for me tonight, what a very wet day.

• Options

Morning all - me again, 4 mile run, finally getting some of that sprightly rested feeling. I think I can count 1 OR, as I saw one commuter running, and one runner walking. Have a good Friday folks.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

nothing for me today because  I am shattered.....and need to stay awake because there is a birthday cake in the oven - youngest child's party coming up tomorrow

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

just swimming this morning because we have loads to do, maybe I will get chance this afternoon for a run - the weather is lovely but I do have a party to organise so it is doubtful

managed not to burn the cake but better go and ice it image

• Options

Good morning all

5 miles this morning . I must of been tired as I slept in till 6.30 image went to the country park and got a dog bite for my troubles. Thankfully it looks like only one tooth broke the skin. At the time thought it might of been a scratch from where it at jumped at my leg.

The owners advice before the bite of" just ignore them" didn't help as I tried but the the dogs seemed intent on letting me know of their presence.

Kate. Good luck on your on your tri this weekend.

Maths, Happy birthday to your youngest  I hope the party goes well.

• Options

Morning - managed 2K in the lake this morning, so should survive the cold tomorrow,then a little run. Happy birthday to MC junior. Valis, ouch, did the owner even apologise? Trying to find some time to get to the garage today to remove the enormous tyre marks a lorry kindly left down the side of my beautiful car when it was parked on the road yesterday.

• Options

Good morning all

A 9 mile lsr this morning.

Nw 2 woodpeckers, a few tree rats and plenty of ducks.

Kate, No but I didn't stop to be honest, they called the dog back and I kept going just in case it wanted another bite.

Maths, I imagine your quite tired today.  

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Ouch! I would have yelled something choice at the owner if that had happened to me.

7.4 miles on a beautiful morning. The first five miles were all under 10 min/mi pace (mile 5 was the fastest at 9:29) but I think it was a little too fast because I got tired after that and the next two and a bit miles were somewhat over. I think the moral of that is don't set out too fast next weekend.

My route took me up to Clapham Common where hundreds of very tired women in pink were finishing the Moon Walk. Fair play to them.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning

valis - yeah, doesn't help that I seem to be cultivating some lurgy - sore throat and feeling a bit crappy. DIdn't even want to eat any of the birthday cake I had made image

so going to spend the morning marking...

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

maths - I've been tired and sneezy all week but I refuse to get ill again. That thing I had in January lasted ages. I reckon that's enough for me this year.

• Options

Evening all - first triathlon of the yeast done, what a lovely race. Slow as old trousers, combination of freezing cold water, huge run to T1, big stop in T1 as I was too cold to get dressed, had to get someone to do up my hat, 10 miles to get my gloves on then the most amazing run, even the extra mile they threw In for fun. Can't wait to do their full distance in August. Valis, your mileage seems to have jumped up, injuries still OK? MC, don't invite any more children around, they are still diseased. Cal, agreed, I have decided that illness is not for me.

• Options
    Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Well done, Kate. Tris are not for me - not only can I not abide cold water but I can't ride a bike (I never learned. My childhood best friend did try to teach me but it ended badly with me cartwheeling into a rose bush and getting cut to ribbons. I never tried again).

Well my Monday spin class has been fully booked for a few weeks now so I decided to go and see a morning viewing of the new Mad Max movie and slotted in a 6.30am yoga class beforehand. Turns out I am not very flexible at that hour of the morning - I was struggling with poses I normally have no trouble with at all! Aiming to run tomorrow and either yoga or gym afterwards.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done Kate

cal - get stabilisers?

nothing for me this morning but a swim coming up soon

• Options
    PSCPSC ✭✭✭

well done Kate - cold water is too hard core for me.  Spent the weekend marshalling a 24 hour event down in Kent - great fun, particularly as we had the camper van so it was marshalling with all mod cons! image

Just had a sports massage, well that will teach me for my inactivity - my legs feel like I've been doing back to back marathons!  Ho hum.

Dogs... lets not go there.  I have a weird phobia of them at them moment when running and I love dogs normally and want one (although probably won't get one until I've retired as I don't want a stay at home pooch).  

Have a lovely evening peeps.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

PSC - yeah, we would love a dog too, but as we are out all day long I just don't feel it is fair to have a pet that is left on its own all day - dogs particularly need company. I did give in and let the youngest get gerbils image

• Options

Good morning all 

5 miles this morning.

Kate, Well done on the Tri I think I would of dipped in a toe before returning to the start and conceding defeat.

I think the miles have crept up  , I have upped the mileage 1/2 a mile a week up to this point where I have jumped up a mile to five and I intend to do the same next week then hold for a month while I work on strength and stamina.the lsr is aslo creeping up a mile at a time and I am seeing how that goes at the moment but I imagine I' ll probably have to hold at around the 12 -14 mile mark for a while before pushing on again.

As for the injury the the injury a lot better as far as pain and discomfort are concerned. Still doing strengthning exrcises to hopefully stop a reacurrence. 

• Options
    PSCPSC ✭✭✭

sounds look a good plan Valis.  

Warm sun balanced by cool breeze out there this morning.  Lovely jubbly.