Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

evening

what race are you doing gobi?

soc run and and evening off road bike - great fun image

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

A short session in the gym and 90 minutes of Bikram for me today. Light day tomorrow - race Sunday - then off to Holland and Germany on Monday for a week of funfairs and amusement parks. Yay!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Maths - It is an LVRC vets race in Newbury

In other news I won the Newbury Road club hill climb this evening which was a surprise
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Maths - It is an LVRC vets race in Newbury

In other news I won the Newbury Road club hill climb this evening which was a surprise

had to google LVRC. Well done for the win!

spin then swimming today. and now a relaxing evening with the kids away at the grandparents

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Well done Gobi!

Just completed the 15K race on Clapham Common. Any time would have been a PB (I did one 15K in 2010 but the course was very short due to a marshalling f*** up somewhere, so I don't count it) but I set myself the goal of getting under 1 hr 30 and I managed 1 hr 29:03 (Garmin time - official time isn't posted yet) so I'm very pleased.

After tweaking my groin in yoga yesterday and a crappy night's sleep (thanks, neighbours!)  I had some concerns but I was fine. My pacing was good and I was able to push towards the finish.

That's me done for the week - off to Holland tomorrow for a week doing Dutch and German fairs and coasters (plus a house warming party).

well done cal

ow swim this morning, run this afternoon and masters swim this evening

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

That's basically a run sandwich!

Official time is 1:29:00.03. Job done.

yeah, I am bit tired now and looking forward to a good sleep!

just had two rest days because I am shattered. Only one more day of school - I can do it!

• Hello all from the beautiful shores of Lake Garda. Have been out for a 6 mile run and 1K swim at SOC each morning, loads of OR and cyclists, mainly because it's already 30 degrees by 6am. One of the laziest holidays we've had apart from that as it's hard to drag yourself away from the pool or lake when it's hitting 42 degrees in the afternoon. 

sounds lovely Kate, although 42 is too hot for comfort really

run this morning and ow swim this afternoon

and I have broken up for summer! I have lots of work to do before September, but at least I can do it from home image

morning

no soc for me - yesterday did some biking, today will hopefully get out for a run later

super early soc tomorrow - I am doing the swim of the Outlaw as part of a relay team!

• Evening all - back from holiday yesterday to the triple whammy of heavy rain, M25 gridlock and a burgled house, what a welcome. 15 miles this morning in what felt like freezing temperatures dipping below 30 degrees. Good luck tomorrow MC.

oh Kate what a crap homecoming! Hope they only took things that are easily replaceable and nothing sentimental

it is freezing today, that damn lake was freezing and seems to have got longer, I had a crap swim, almost 20 mins slower than last year. Thank god I didn't have to get on a bike afterwards. It is chucking it down now....

• 42 miles on the new steed this morning, it is fast,even with me on top. I was thinking it was a bad day for Outlawing MC, not surprised you were slower. Most of what was taken was material value, except Mr F's Navy medals which he is gutted about.

kate - that's crap, is there a clever internet thing that can be done that looks out for the medals being sold?

well, our runner didn't finish yesterday, she got too cold and couldn't carry on with about 5 miles left. The conditions here in the afternoon were really horrendous. 

I hurt my shoulder swimming, not sure what I have done but I guess a week or so without swimming should sort it

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Wow, it sounds like everyone's had a crap time while I've been away. Sorry about the burglary, Kate, that's rough. Glad you enjoyed your holiday though. 42 degrees sounds a bit worrying - I'm off to tour Italy's theme parks during the last two weeks in August. I better stock up on sunblock. I got a bit of a tan during my week in Holland and Germany, although it turned to rain by the end.

Very slow and not at all early run today - 11.23 miles in a bit over two hours. I deliberately took it quite easy as my week off wasn't exactly restful. I've a 10K on the 9th so I'm going to work a bit more on speed until then.

not an soc but I did get a gentle 4 miles in this morning, then spent the rest of the day lazing around! Nowhere near as tired as I was yesterday thank goodness

hi all

again, not soc, but a nice 6 miles and the sun was even shining for some of it!image

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Yoga, half an hour of weights and a spin class for me today. Legs are sore from yesterday's 11 miler.

• Cal JonesCal Jones ✭✭✭

Rested yesterday - a cold has been trying to happen (lots of sneezing and mucus in the soft palate) so I just watched TV and then went to see the latest Mission Impossible movie at the IMAX (good, btw).

Out at 7am for 6.44 miles with some hard mile intervals in preparation for next Sunday's 10K. 1:01 total; fastest mile 8:49 (quite a bit faster than 10K pace).

Weights and spin later.

morning

cal - fight the cold!

yesterday I biked and ran. Today I need to do some gardening and housework, so will probably go out on the bike instead image

• Morning all 18 miles this morning, OR, dogs, horses, deer and dogs galore. Work, life etc taken over a bit this week, lots of training though including a cheeky midweek hilly 64 miles on the bike. Hopefully it stays dry this weekend, have fun everyone.

• morning (just)

had a bit of a sleep in, so the long run I planned will have to wait till tomorrow, just a slow 4 miles instead. Boys are back from camp today so the washing machine is going to be on for a good few hours!

• morning

managed to sleep in instead of running this morning. Washing machine is still on, I am running out of places to hang it all!

off to the in-laws today and swimming tonight

• Morning all - 75 miles on the bike yesterday with a 4 mile run, then weights this morning. It's very quiet in here at the moment.

• morning

8 miles this morning - a bit warm out there and loads of flies!

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Hiya

Low profile at the moment as life is busy and training over posting.

Did a 50 mile TT yesterday plus wu and cd covered my 70.3 ride then ran 3kms at race pace.

Interesting