Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

5.5 miles in 53 minutes today. Did Miles 2, 3 and 5 were at 10K pace. Hammy still a bit grumpy but then I did have a massage yesterday - it's probably a bit inflamed still.

• Options

afternoon

spent the day shopping for school uniform for the kids - stressful!! Going to running club tonight

• Options

I used to get up very early and run but prefer now to run pre-dinner. That way, I can clear my head at the end of the day whilst enjoying food after my run. This setup makes me feel great.

• Options

Meee!! sometimes before 6am!! image like running early when it's quiet

• Options

Morning - and welcome to new SOCers. 8 miles for me this morning NW 8 magpies, 1 squirrel, OR 1, and 2 running commuters I had to try and outsprint.

• Options

morning

Hi to Stephanie and Alex

stayed in bed this morning as I am feeling a bit stiff after running club last night - well, I haven't been for ages! Always struggle to keep up with the 70 year olds!image

• Options

SOC yoga class, then gym a bit later plus spin class. Happy that I managed to maintain my weight loss (currently 10 st 10) despite the crap food I ate in Germany and Holland, and some naughties over the past week. I'd like to drop another 5 pounds or so but that's unlikely to happen once I go off to Italy in a week and a half.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

Swam with DOMS this morning. Ran a 10Km last night which including 2 bike races was my 3rd race in 4 days.

Welcome to the new Socs
  • Options

morning

no run this morning as I am off on a long off-road bike ride with my eldest son. Hope I can keep up!

• Options

I intended to run Thursday but I was feeling sore, tired and unmotivated so I took a rest day and did absolutely nothing. Friday I lifted some weights and did spin, and today I did a yoga class (my best for ages) and went for a walk in the afternoon. I should be nice and fresh for tomorrow.

• Options

OW swim, 11 mile run and weights yesterday, cycling today and hopefully a run whilst supporting Mr F on his 14K swim from Henley to Marlow. fingers crossed the weather is as good as yesterday. Good luck with your race Cal.

• Options

Thanks Kate - smashed it. Garmin time was 55:32 - that's almost two minutes off my January time (same course) of 57:23. Although it was warm, the trees shaded the course nicely. Obviously, all those horrid mile intervals I've been running have paid off. Will post my official time once I know it, although I doubt it's more than a second or two different.

• Options

Official time: 55:30. Very happy indeed.

• Options

well done Cal!

nothing much for me apart from river swimming/messing around. On holiday in Portugal. Will probably soc tomorrow though while it is nice and cool in the morning

• Options

Well done Cal. A nice ride through Henley today whilst Mr F swam, forgot to mention the random spot from yesterday's run, a group or 10 or so skinny dipping very publicly in the river, and all plenty old enough to know better. Glad the water is murky.

• Options

Well, that makes my usual squirrels and parakeets seem quite dull, Kate.

Sounds like you're having a nice time, maths. Off to Italy on Saturday.

• Options

this morning's run turned out to be longer than planned - I got totally lost! Finally got back a bit hot and then we went river swimming. This is the life! 

• Options

Oops! I'm off to Italy myself on Saturday. I doubt I will get much opportunity to run though (but I should probably try given I've a half the week after I get back).

4 miles today - meant to be easy but turned into a cutback run. Miles were 9:50, 9:47, 9:30 and 9:17.

Off to the gym now.

• Options

have a god time in Italy Cal!

• Options

Thanks. I wanted to log one last long run before I go and it turned into an epic. Started at 5.35am (it was only just getting light - I guess we'll be running in the dark soon image) and managed to run a shade over 15 miles. I ran up to Streatham Common (which is where I go if I want to punish myself with brutal hills), did five laps, then ran home including a lap of Tooting Common. It was very slow because of the hills (2:46.19 - averaging an 11 minute mile) but it's the furthest I've ever run. Having run my fastest ever 10K and my longest ever run in the same week, I can now relax and enjoy my holiday.

• Options

Nice work Cal. Just a few miles for me in the peeing rain after a session on the turbo trainer. Most in the dark unfortunately.

• Options

I run at 6am 5 days a week but noticed it is not getting light till 5.55 and as I run in woodland need it to be light before I run

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

Good morning All

Just a quick fly-pass, literally! Battle of Britain 75 marathon done yesterday!

#106 done! Will this addiction never end! KateF, your fault!

• Options

Don't blame me 5.30, no one told you to keep running! Just a 30 min recovery run for me this morning, after the excitement of Sunday's ironman, 3rd lady and 1st in my age group, chuffed to bits.

• Options

well done Kate!

and well done 530

back from holiday now so back to routine

• Options

morning

haven't been doing any socs, but have got back into the routine of running again which is good

wondering whether to downgrade to the half at Nottingham - sept 27th and my last long run was a long time ago. I'll see how I go this weekend on a long run

• Options

morning

back to the old Saturday routine of spinning and swimming - haven't been to a masters swim for almost a month, so it is going to be a tough morning!

• Options

evening

back at work now so back to the socs. 5 miles today. 

• Options

Back at work myself (and back from Italy). I managed three runs out there, but nothing more than 5 miles so I'm bricking it a bit about the half marathon next Sunday. I was hoping to get an 8 or 9 miler in on Sunday but a neighbour's noisy party on Saturday night put paid to that (bastards). I managed 6 miles in the pouring rain yesterday - still tired from being kept awake.

• Options

cal - just keep ticking over and you will be fine

my knees don't seem to have liked the layoff for holidays and are complaining quite a bit now during and after running so I will keep the runs short and do more cycling I think.