Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• How's it going? Survived my first week back at school. Just a yoga session and a massage today - half marathon tomorrow. I am a little nervous given the furthest I've managed to run in the past three weeks is six miles. Just hoping the mileage I did prior to that will carry me through. *gulps*

• good luck for tomorrow cal, you'll be fine

I am shattered after the first week back at school!

managed to get through spinning and swimming this morning though, and supermarket shopping this afternoon

• Well, after all that hang-wringing, I went out and smashed it. My PB was 2:08:20, so I was hoping I could better that, even if it was by a few seconds. Somehow I managed to go sub-2:05. Garmin says my time was 2:04:42. Don't know about my chip time but that's a huge PB either way. Very nice race - sunny but cool, pretty scenery, awesome medal. Would do it again.

• yay, well done Cal! Where was it?

I didn't manage to get up early enough to run this morning so will have to sneak a warm sunny run in this afternoon

swimming tonight too

• Richmond Running Festival. It starts in Kew Gardens, goes up the river and finished in the deer park. Lovely course, although narrow in places.

This is the third Richmond race I've done this year - the Ranelagh Harriers one in May and the Richmond Park one in June. We actually ran past the playground where the Ranelagh race finishes, which was quite funny. This was definitely the most scenic of the three races. The only negative was the drink stations which were chaotic. I actually skipped one for that reason and when I got to the next, the water had all gone!

• sounds pretty but not good about the water stations, and I bet there were still a lot of people after you that couldn't get water

• Definitely. They sent us off in waves. I was in the second to last wave but I was overtaking people from the earlier waves all the time. There were people taking more than three hours to get around. I'm rather glad that I do Bikram yoga because I'm able to deal with not drinking much whilst sweating buckets. I've got a pretty salty face, though.

Time now amended to 02:04:38. image

• first soc for a while - lovely and drizzly but also very dark image no nature watch

• 5 miles this morning

NW - 1 hedgehog and lots of owls being very noisy

where is everyone?

• Getting up at a more sensible time, perhaps?

• well, I think Chris is still up in Iceland - he was filming a race, gobi comes and goes a bit but I don't know about Kate. 

• And now I'm sick. Grrr!

• hello peeps... I've been away (from running), but been back for a bit now!  Haven't been on here either as it was making me miss being out, but lack of mojo and time were keeping me in my bed.

It has been quite interesting being lazy for so long.  Gained weight, lost energy and fitness.  It's jolly nice to be now shedding the pounds and feeling a bit more alive.  

NW from last run - a buzzard!  200 yards from home which was a pleasant surprise!

Off to see CoCo and the Butterfields image shortly, but am defo back in the groove.

Hope everyone's OK..  shamefully I haven't read back as I would have to go back about 6 months.  Chat to y'all soon.

• oh no cal! Get better soon

PSC - good to hear from you! There have been buzzards around here too

I had a stinking headache this morning so ran this evening instead, a bit warm and humid but nice to run and get some fresh air after a tiring week

• drizzling like a drizzly thing here in Kentish Kent.  Lucky it was today and not last night as it would have ruined the concert we went to which was excellent!  A new band to add to the collection.  

Hope the head clears Maths. 

Thinking of al the poor souls doing IM Wales today - the weather there could be biblical!

• hi all

spinning and swimming this morning then shopping this afternoon image I hate shopping

isn't IM Wales tomorrow?

• woke up with a headache and snotty nose so stayed in bed! Supposed to be a long run today before the Nottingham half in 2 weeks! It might be a struggle to get round, but there is a 4 hour cutoff so if I have to I can walk a large part of it

• It's always the second week back in the Autumn Term, isn't it? Fortunately my sore throat has calmed down so I went out for a run and found I had enough energy to bust out 9.35 miles in 1:29:39. Now I'm off to 90 minutes of Bikram yoga. Kill or cure.

• end of summer colds coming?  Time to hit the vitamins!   Recover quickly folks.

IM Wales, Challenge Weymouth, GNR today (and I am sure many other things too).  The weather looks like it's being kind - it was meant to be cats and dogs today.  Still OK in Kent.

Today I will be mostly working.

• Snotty and sneezy today so just did spin and yoga. I was going to lift weights but I didn't feel up to that.

• Morning all... Wet and wild out there. It wasn't when I stepped out the door, but 100m down the road the heavens opened!  The roads seem busier than they were 6 months ago.  But the trails are wetter than a wet thing so I will stick to the black top. 

Busy day ahead. Have fun. Hope those sniffles are clearing up. 

• Not an early one today. Still coldy and slept poorly last night due to a drippy stuffy nose. Easy 3.7 miles in 37:56.

• evening

didn't get up in time this morning, intended going to running club tonight but OH's granny has died so I stayed at home instead. She was 93 so a good innings but still sad. The kids are upset so will need lots of time and attention in the coming days I think

• Sorry to hear that, maths - my condolences.

• Sorry to hear your news Maths. Although as you say, that's a great age. Lots of happy memories I'm sure. 

• thanks guys, yes, lots of good memories and from my point of view it is good that she was only not in her own home for the last few weeks - and that was because of a fall and broken bone. It is not nice seeing your loved ones deteriorate in nursing homes

anyway, short slow run this morning and short hard turbo session this evening

• I've been off sick from school for two days, so no running at all and no walks either. I did go to Bikram yoga today, though, as I thought the hot, humid atmosphere would help my lungs. This cold will not go away! Getting concerned about how it will impact the Ealing half on the 27th. Not so much in training terms, as I did a good 9 miler last weekend plus the Richmond half the weekend before that, but feeling run down and post-viral. (Well, I'm assuming I will have got rid of it by then!) Was hoping for a fast time but not sure that is on the cards now.

• rest and vitamins are prescribed Cal.

Evening all... I've been away on a work trip.  Coventry!  A successful, if exercise free visit!

Weekend is looking good albeit cool in the early mornings.

• cal, nothing you can do but rest

nice run this evening, rubbish run yesterday though

• morning

the usual Saturday spin then swim for me