The SNOD ultra runnig thread

Comments

• schoolboy error fr..bit like robert greens..cost me at least 30 mins

i will be running for joy with the wind in my sails..and whatever i get i get

i think with your mileage you'll do that..look at osmotherley as a case in point

• Hey up my old pals Stilldreaming and Marcusuno.

And FR, I'm pretty sure now that I ran with you for quite a while at the Osmo before you disappeared off into the distance. I was the one in the white Todmorden Harriers vest. Fantastic event, well organised, and great folk. Not one of my greatest running moments though, had a bit of a wibble in the middle third, before getting my legs back for the last third. Ta for your super company image

Lakeland 50 next then. Think i'm gonna find it tough!

• FR - we'll see 'on the what can I do at 50 front' who knows, I have a complex home life with three teens - two of them nuts! First competition though, will be the L50 - I'll be looking to finish that and - that'll do. If I'm honest, I haven't run an event where I've had to navigate with map and compass on the hoof yet.(My natural 'chancer instinct' usually pays off and gets me round without pondering too much, otherwise my times would be'extended'  However 50 with the last bit in the dark will demand more than a chancer's instict I know. Also, I;m not sure I'll get up up there and recce - which I could do with doing. Whatever though you can expect SZ to put some effort in somewhere! 

• if i were you id use the roadbook in conjunction with the map

but then im not you

• Of course I'll be using both on the day. I'll get a bit of night nav practice somewhere local also. Are you stopping over somewhere CD?
  • only in my car for a couple hours kip before venturing home

ran into work this morning and with yesterdays two hardish sessions i think i felt my c2c legs..at one point i was thinking no to the 50 but by the end had talked myself round..feel tired though mind

• Ha ha, cheers FR! Unfortunately, don't think there's much chance I'll get my descending together in a couple of weeks. Been trying for years!!

I reckon 18 hours! But I won't put any tenners on it.

What's SNOD anyway? 

• im up for a single thread for me that covers the whole kittenkaboodle..im currently on 3 and it takes too much time..plus some of the same people are on them all image

good point fr..have to agree..the worst bit was hitting an A road travelling home and RHB night was strange..a kinda of 'so whats next?'

looking for our next 'outing' but will be shorter/lower key as cant get the time off etc

• Just checked the Osmo results - can anyone tell me how they work out your position when you cross the line in the same position as a fellow competitor? I drew the short straw and got 54th when the young lad who tried to 'snipe' me at the finish has been given 53rd? Both times exactly the same at 6hrs 12mins. Not that I'm overly bothered but what if that happend at the front end of the race?
  • fr..probably along the same lines as sally in her heyday before she decided to hang up hers paws on the long long stuff
  • Did you get kopped by your guv FR?image  Position given on the left column seems to mean nothing - lots of groups of people come to the finish at the same time. If you count each group as equal position as their time's suggest then you'll fid yourself in a much higher position. Not alphabetical by the way. Hey -ho...
  • SZ - if you crossed the line together you would get the same time. Position though would be governed by who gave in their tally card first, I would guess.
  • Yep they seemed delighted to see us didn't they. Plus round the corner there were a herd of cows by the stream who started jumping over walls when we approached them.
  • Yes, the wildlife certainly gave an extra little adrenaline buzz to the event. Definitely didn't like those dogs!!

FR - our group dwindled to 4, then the american lass decided to have a sit down at the last CP, so then 3 of us finished all together. Aye, I suppose an = next to the names would have been nice, as I've drawn the short straw too and been positioned last out of us. But to be fair, I was the crappest runner on the day, the other 2 would have been quicker without me. 

Lakeland 50 entry in on Tuesday, only to find that one of our club runners has dropped out, and I 'may' have been able to transfer and save a few dollars. 

• Joolz - how the devil are you?
  • I'm jolly spiffing thankyou Mark. Where you been?
  • sulking and pretending to be a triathlete  for about 10months but back running now. i can't afford to be a triathlete and i'm not middle class enough either.   
  • I reckon that Lower Lock farmer was sitting in an up turned wheelbarrow sipping home brewed 'sheep dip' laughing his turned down wellies off at runner after runeer getting harrased by those mutts.

• 5hrs 15m on the Clwydian range for me also wearing intended L50 kit. Still Bone dry under foot in my part of N.Wales - in fact very concrete like. Still have an achilles niggle which didn't bother me as much during the Osmo - could be down to shoe choice - Did Osmo in F-lite's which performed spot-on as apposed to my usual Mudroc's.