Ironman Austria 2010

Best of luck to Mitten, who is doing her first IM in Austria today.  imageimageimage

And if I'm not totally wrong I think Iron Tractor Boy is doing Austria too.

Race well peeps. xx

Comments

• Oooh, race well Pirates!

I'm glued to the laptop today watching some friends tearing up IM Austria image Go Newhaven gals! 

• Fattmatt is there too.  image

• Mitten did 1:34:05 in the swim and about halfway through the bike with a good average pace. image
  • ITB did 1:32:27 in the swim and likewise is making good progress on the bike.  image

If anyone knows FattMatt's proper name or bib number, the Karnten athlete tracker is here:

http://ironmanlive.com/tracking.php?race=austria&year=2010

• that's the winner home now - Marino Vanhoenacker in 7h 52! Wow.

One of my girls is out for her plod now, the rest are still in the wobble phase. Come on gals, I#m getting square eyes and pressure sores here image

• WEll done pirates! May the force be with you for the end of the bike and the run.
  • Go go go Mitten - you show those armwarmers who's boss! image
  • waaaaaaaahhaaahaaaaa one of my girls took 14.23 in T2 - clearly stopped for a brew up image she had a cracking wobble phase though, mebbe she needed a wee sit down to recover!
  • Go Mitts!!!
  • 'lil Mitten off the bike in 7:40:49. image
  • ITB off bike in 7:13:02 and his first run split is up too. image
  • Good work those two! image
  • Fattmatt finished - good time image

And I saw a female pirate when the camera moved on to the run course around transition - she looked like she had short dark hair - couldn'r read the bib no!  Looked comfortable though.

• Any news on Mitten?
  • Oh! watching the feed and someone has just proposed to his girlfriend as they ran down the chute together!

<sniff> I must have a cold coming on...my eyes are mysteriously running image

• PUP - did it remind you something?

Well done Pirates!

A work aquaintance of  mine was doing this but he finished ages ago....

• Stupid IM Live... you can hardly see the finish line nor the clock because of the stupid central result list in the middle of the picture?

And I can't work out the tracker as it doesn't seem to give a total time?  Or am I just a bit blonde tonight? image

Go Mitten!!! image

• Come on Mitten! 

• website race clock says 15:52.

is Austria 16 or 17 hour cut off?

• ITB was home in 14:32:33.  Well done Tractor Boy. image

• Congrats ITB!! 17 hr cutoff for Austria. Go Mitten!
  • I think Austria is a 17 hr cut off ....  otherwise I was well outside image
  • So how are the cut offs determined then?  Is Austria a much harder race than Frankfurt then? image
  • oh they've finally taken that bloody results screen out of the centre of IM-dead.
  • I spoke to soon... it's back... image
  • Determined by local licensing I would assume ..
  • so nuffink to do with the course at all then? image
  • No, not when you look at Nice which is 16

Come on Mitten !!!
  • It did a bit SP image

Got a full house o f clubmates home safe, so I am a happy mixture of relieved and proud! 

That live feed was a shocker though, why on EARTH did they put the results in the middle of the screen like that?