Options

Paris Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    i think i am gong to have to change my graph from column to line as i have graph envy now image
  • Options

TD and DM74 - v.impressive charts/columns guys this is what we like to see.  TD still amazed by the amount of mileage you are doing this time.  Will be interesting to see how the P & D schedule affects your final time at Amsterdam.

ATM - I got caught in a downpour last night absolutely torrential literally bouncing off the pavement when I managed to get to the tube station I looked as if someone had thrown a bucket of water over me even though I had an umbrella was strangely exilerating (do I lead a very sad life nowadays not healthy for me not to run...) - well done in getting out - what are you aiming for at the moment racewise?

OO - did you manage to book to see a dr yet? (that was such a subtle nagimage)

Fi - where are you - no sight or sound of her since she was last spotted on a surf board in Jersey.. are you okay??? dada da da da daddada

PT session for me tonight - realised its only 24 days until our holiday now.. coming round quickly...

• Options
    topical 'new' track for playlists....thunder by the prodigy image
  • Options

Reports coming in from Brest in France (I chose that name at random!), sightings of a lost surfboard. I have already dialled 112 to speak to ze French Coastguard....

Time to check-in Princess Fiona. WHERE ARE YOU?!!!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4059/4402588061_afc8b9a0ac.jpg

• Options

Da da da da daaaa dadada da daaaaaaaaaa:

Well approached the lesson with fear and trepidation as the tide was high (cue another song).  Started well and lay on surf board, paddled, then jump up straight to my feet - on falling off at all, but that might have had something to do with fact that was still on the sand!!!  Having been shown by "col" how to carry the board into the water and discussed "rip" currents and surfing rules of the sea headed into the water.  Well I managed to get to my knees first time!!  What a feeling, amazing and move so fast!!  Next step was to try and stand up - much easier said than done.  Haven't laughed so much for a long time!!  But I did manage to stand up twice - ok only for 3 secs first time and then 5 secs the second but by the end of the hour - which is definitely long enough - was "catching" my waves on my own!!!  Must admit there was some drowning with style going on - you really can't fall off a surf board elegantly - not that I do much elegantly these days!!   Am now proud owner of a wetsuit and will be hitting the waves next week!!!  Will get Ms PF to take some piccies next week hopefully she will be able to capture a 5 second standing moment!!

Even better no aching for me this morning at all - my friend's shoulders were really sore, but I feel fine!  Rest day for me today - 7 mile trott tomorrow morning whatever the weatherimage.

• Options

This is where I surfed - obviously more waves thoughimage

• Options
    Awesome PF. That sounds like an amazing way to spend a day.
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

That looks so lovely, PF...We definitely need photos. * 'Will open' Baywatch' folder on the Who's who in due course.... image *

NGUG, the plan is the Venice Marathon in October with Finn and Finchy . I'm off to a slow start...but the foot is holding up . So,happy so far.

Ah,Graph War commences..There's a big difference between the blue and the green , TD. you're going to fly round the course.

My good news if that my beloved Shuffle survived last night's fall into the toilet * Don't ask* .image

• Options
    ATM wrote (see)

My good news if that my beloved Shuffle survived last night's fall into the toilet * Don't ask* .image

Will it now appear on future editions of the Bristol Stool Chart?
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm hoping to do the Paris Marathon 2011. Does anyone know when the entries open?

I did it in 2006 and from what I remember it was around November time that I entered....the website seems just to have info about this years race.

Also, I got in really easily because I was international (i.e not French), does anyone know if this still applies. I hope so!

Cheers,

Roz
  • Options

Hi Roz,

September 15th is when it'll open and its first come first served.  Should be safe for at least a month after.  Traditionally it fills up as soon as Larnden ballot rejections come out.

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Lots of surfers on Tynemouth beach Princess but you wouldn't get me trying that.

40 mins run tonightimage

OK it was dead slow and I stopped to stretch the hip about 10 times, but.....it's improvement. And I run so slow these days I can go out after my evening meal without upsetting my tum.

Welcome Roz- join in you'll love this great race.

• Options

Good hard 5 and a bit miles tonight, although my runs haven't been fully to schedule, I've made sure that I get some good speedwork in. The bulk of the miles are actually intimidating me a little at the minute, as the Thunder Run is just around the corner, and I don't want to die! image

7:20 a mile on a hilly circuit, so very pleased with that. Followed it with a bit of a fingerboard session, getting my climbing skills on!

TD what graphing software are you using?

• Options

imageWelcome Rosie  image

This is the best thread on the forum..    join in the banter and get to know everyone..   occasionally someone will even talk about running..  yes, actual real life running..  outdoors and everything..  they are the mad ones of course..  the rest of us just come on here and talk about life, stools, graphs and knitted uterus's...   image

Don't be shy..  it doesn't matter what your ability is..    just talk to us...  please....  pretty please......

• Options
    See this is why we had that conversation DV... you know you're not allowed to talk to people before we've warned them about your... condition...
  • Options

Hi Rosie - welcome to the best thread imageimage, a very friendly bunch us lot - even if we are all slightly barking, but I do feel that is what makes us so loveable!!!

Slowengineer:  7.20m/m I do feel that speedyengineer is a more appropriate name for you.

OO:  now now OO don't be a defeatist - get out there now and start surfing!!  Good for you a 40 min run is great news, Paris here we come.

TD:  you are really baffling me with all this science stuff - far to technical for a mere Princessimage.

Did a 7.5 miler this morning - had to run up Mont Hurl again, this was in the last 1.5 miles, but I did it, even better average pace was 8.50 m/m so very pleased with that!!!  3 miles in the morning then will try and do 10 miles on sunday - could be interesting!!!  Another lovely blue sky here if a little blustery - good old winnie the pooh.

• Options
    Princess Fiona wrote (see)
    TD:  you are really baffling me with all this science stuff - far to technical for a mere Princess

** in Scooby Doo voice ** hwaah?!
    You mean the graph?! It just shows the accumulation of mileage run.  Each run adds another few kms onto the line, so it goes up. The line goes right showing time. The steeper the line, the more running in a shorter period of time. That's all. Simples.

SE - it's a little known piece of software (in the Princess community), coming from a little company based in Seattle. They are called Microsoft. The particular application goes by the name of Excel. It's a spreadsheet kind of thing. Have you heard of it?

Or to be nicer, want me to send a copy so you can use my graph as a template for your own stuff? Send a forum message...

Well done on your 40mins OO, but you are the speedmeister on the thread, so please go see the doc.

19K before work today, in the sunshine, only 22C with a nice wind. MrsTD bought me a couple of new running vests this week, one of which I wore on Wed. I was particularly sweaty and it wasn't washed beforehand. Got terrible nipple pain (first time ever, well, from running anyway)

Still a bit sore with tiny weepy irritation on the skin. Any suggestions please?

• Options

Welcome to the thread Rosie.. image

Fi - glad to see you survived the surfing Mrs - can we stop singing that bl**ming tune now da da dddaada... the beach in your video looked lovely... whens the next surfing lesson?  Or was it a one off?  Raining here image

PT session for me last night quite a hard one.  Have lost 51/2 lbs this week with new/old PT so seems to be doing the trick.  Short run and cycle for me this weekend.  Gym this afternoon with yup you guessed it more image training.

ATM - had forgotton about Venice glad the foots holding outimage

• Options

@td

microsoft eh...think i have heard of em although i don't have any of their software on here!

that said any chance of the templates?  the graphs are sooo nice and shiny

have sent you a message

3*2m fast intervals for me today eek! putting them off to this evening

• Options

Good afternoon all. Thank you for all the lovely welcome back messages image

TD - that put a smile on my face, although I hope your ankle is okay. and yes I do not know that song, but I am 23 in 2 weeks so I am getting on a little image

All my parcels have arrived! Felt like xmas, I love getting mail, maybe I should buy more! used my garmin last night which is awesome, hoping to do a graph thingy after my run on sunday.

got my two books, lore of running is huge and I feel far too slow to read a book that says on the front 'a definite read for any serious runner or coach!' I dont think a total of 1 marathons makes me 'serious' but I will give it a bash. Hoping my terry fox book lives up to my expectations.

Going to try the wobble board tonight, I cant balance on it unassisted yet, but i did get an intermediate/advanced in in my defense. and might use my skipping rope!

all runs have been done this week so far, 6 miles, 5 miles and hill work. However, it does feel very laboured. I am a morning runner so adjusting to running in the evening is taking its toll (due to my commute meaning i leave home at 6.20am now so not much free time). get in at 7.30pm, then run, back by 9, eaten by 10, then need to get ready for bed. So whilst I cant drive I am finding it hard to get back into the routine as it is soaking up my free time. I dont mind but just with Paris, I ran at 7am and was done before the day begun!

As usual made a slightly crazy decision. I am doing a 3 hour spinathon on monday. Having not gone to a single spin class and having run 12 miles the day before. so think it will be a woddle into work on tues.

also, it is my last day as a red head! going back to blonde as of tomorrow morning. exciting (and scary) times.

• Options

NGUG - are you sure??! - nipple crack cream?!? Oddly enough, there is a fresh tube of a similar product in the house, less than a week old. Doc has given it to my youngest daughter for a rash under her nose! I'll borrow some, should be fine... my nipples are rather tidy and small, so I won't need much. 

Question, how long must I rub my nipples for? Advice anyone?

Oh yeah - cool surfing dude Fiona. You made me want to go out and try it right away.

• Options
    PLASTER IS OFF I HAVE 2 LEGS AGAIN imageimageimageimageimage 
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Congrats HG- no plaster!

You really NEVER GIVE UP GIRL! OK so Mrs OO registered us for a doc- I can go in 5 days. Unfortunately I leave on holiday end of next week so never mind image. Meanwhile ran for 55 minutes today and only streched 4 or 5 times en route- might go for the hour tomorrow or perhaps a 2 hour bike ride as a rest day.

We've had some great suf here Princess but I'm not a big fan of cold water. Maybe in the Caribean next week it could be a different story image. What I am thinking of is a 2nd hand Kayak- one light enough for me to carry to the beach on my back- now that would be fun and you don't get wet!

Hey Rockhopper keep your pecker up (sorry that very English). You are a tough old bird, full of spirit- just blast your way through whatever is getting you down- and big hugs from the Paris crew.

• Options
    congrats HG - that is fantastic news. super happy for you imageimage
  • Options
    ATMATM ✭✭✭

image Great, Hornet Girl! You're all set.

Welcome to the thread, Rosie. They've introduced a new system since you last registered.The first 16,000 places are cheaper than the next 16,000 and then it goes up, again.So, if you're sure you want to run, get in quick * Canny Scot, here...*

'......3 hour spinathon...' Sheesh! Good luck, G.
  • Options

Morning all..   wakey wakey...!  image

A 30 mile run for me this morning..  Marble Arch out to the other side of the M25...  just having breakfast now, then catch an early train into London...  

RP..  whatever the problem, hope it gets sorted...

Gem..  blonde...???   OMG...  image

OO..  take it easy...  don't push the distance too far too soon...

SE..   you are doing well..   challenging TD on graphs as well as speed...   image

HG..  excellent..  that time went really quickly...   how is it..?

• Options

Back now..    run done.   geezz..  London is a filthy place...    am showered and changed and we are off to see Shrek 3 in an hour..    the run was fine..   image

Where are you all..?

• Options

Im here DV, being lazy watching the golf.  No running for me yet until I see the consultant on Tuesday.  Legs a bit sore today but I guess I have to get used to walking again with a cast on.  My 14 year old wants to go and see Shrek so let me know what you think of it DV.

OO - take it easy !

• Options

Hi HG...  well..  I think its fair to say that Shrek 3 isn't as good as the first two, but it has its funny moments..   the 3D is unnecessary and does nothing to add to the quality...  its just a gimic really..  the story isn't as good as the first two, but we all enjoyed it and I'm pleased that we went to see it.  There are quite a few good animated films out this summer that we want to see..  Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, Mega Mind...   all look quite funny.

Its a nice sunny evening here..   the kids are having their dinner and then me and Mrs DV are going to have a curry a bit later in front of the tv and watch some tv together - a rare treat!   The kids will be camping out in the garden again, so they will be sent off with a load of midnight snacks to keep them quiet for a while... image