Tooting Bec 24 hour track

I sent an entry off a while ago but haven't heard if I'm in. There's no competitor list on the website and their contact email doesn't seem to work. I wonder if anyone else is doing this and whether it's too early to hear anything.

Comments

• You tend to hear in september i think. Give Run and Become in Victoria a ring if you have any queries. You will hear after all the entries are in because they select the entrants based on previous experience etc.

Hope that helps.

Kev
  • Iwas a bit worried about the "previous experience" bit as I haven't done a 24 hour track yet, so stuck down MDS and the double IM's, I'm used to staying awake, and have crewed on a couple so know the score, but if it's seasoned 24hour track runners they want then I'm not you rman (or woman).
  • Oh and thanks Kev
  • No problems. I am sure with that type of experience you will be fine getting in. Good luck.
  • Yahey! did it, 104 miles and got a big shiny cup for first girl, tick.

great race.lovely people, good food.image

• great performance mon....... didnt spot this was happening before, or that you were doing it !

oh well youve just beaten both my attempts, i trust it was as slick and friendly as ever ?
    another race i need to get bac and do (also being my first ultra!).

• Cheers Ed, I did think "Never again" but now I'm thinking I could improve if I put a bit of effort in and don't throw up with 15 minutes left.

Might look into doing Hull if the date is conducive.

• you kept that quiet, roomie!

well done.

This race holds fond memories for me coz it was the first time I met Candy, Daz, eddum and Pants. image
  • Hey jj, yes it was on my list of things to do and I thought might as well stick an entry in to use up surplus training from the summer. It was very hard, in a different way from the triple. Dave had to carry me out of the car and up to bed, I spent a couple of days learning what it's like to be disabled.
  • Bloody hell Mon .....  you need to get out more   image
  • i remember that state well mon.....

the first year we were on the train ! .. fortunately some friends gave us a lift to euston but poor lisa was dragging a trolly with tent & kit in and trying to manhandle me onto the train where i promptly passed out for the duration.

and the day after is like preparation for old age.... i get up.. potter down the stairs... go for a very slow walk round the park.. have to stop and sit on a bench for a few minutes for a rest and then carry on image

• And don't forget the incontinence!
  • Flip - didn't even see this thread. I done this one and got chicked by Moniqueimage

Great running - was so nice to meet you there Monique. Hope you're all recovered

• Not been on for a bit, but thanks a lot  Graeme, it was nice to meet you too, I did have a few weeks off, but am getting ready to kick in with London training.