Chester Marathon

Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
I've pre registered for this race next year, just wondering what the course is like, how flat, well supported etc...?

Comments

• The course is changing from this year (2010) to start/finish at the Chester Racecourse. Its heading out from there to take in some sights and then thru nice rural bits of Chester into Wales and then back along the Dee.

Initial thoughts are that it will be pretty flat.

2010 was quite well supported considering it was the first one. It was an out and back from Guilden Sutton following the Greenway out to Queensferry. But as I said its all changefor next year and moved from May to October

Do it....

• Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Cheers for the info Steve. You know what, I think I will do it!  image
  • It will also be competing with a Liverpool Marathon next year scheduled for the week before on October 2nd.
  • Thanks for the info Alan...I did worry that it was going to clash as I really want to do the Mersey Marathon if it all goes ahead (best of luck by the way).

May get a chance to do something I always wanted to try is marathons on consecutive weekends....somehow I imagined Paris followed by London but what the hell Liverpool followed by Chester sound just as good to me and less travelling image

• Steve - I don't wish to hijack the thread (it is about the Chester Marathon) but Liverpool City Council have committed to 2nd October next year so it will happen. Just hope 'runliverpool' can deliver it!! 
  • Thanks for the update...Great News...

Sorry folks...this can continue on the Mersey Marathon thread if needs be....

Anyway back to Chester....

• Yep, I did it, think I was 13th.... decent course, but yeah it's all change next year, however a late autumn race sounds perfect for me that actually so might actually do it again, plus I live 5 miles away, need to support local races.

Cheers Pug image

• Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    Well, I've finally gone and paid my money so there's no going back now!! Suppose I ought to start some sort of regular training - been really slack since Christmas!!image
  • Hi Hill

Thanks for entering, & all the best with your traning.  click here to be re-directed to the main forum thread where there is more activity.