bike ride & bath!!
  • Not at the same time I hope!
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    have you tried running in the water?! maybe could be cycle machine too
  • hello
    Right
    I have 15 mins to wash, dress and get out the door
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    are we here? or over there? just thought - it could be useful for an extra thread if things get hectic like last night - I was hoping to talk to Nick about Sri Lanka! but got carried away about cycling & helmets ...

FR - I didn't see you first thing - or I would have messaged you on yesterdays thread
  • It just happens like that - we were both writing our threads at the same time. When we started the other one wasn't there, but when mine appeared on the forum I saw yours just below it.

It only happens occasionally but I know it's not deliberate - you were first anyway :)
  • Goodness me, aren't we all being polite this morning ;0)
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    being a newbie on the forum but an "old" runner (I'm just 6 yrs a runner!) I felt a bit cheeky - didn't mean to tread on any toes

you can tread on mine - they didn't get sore this year at the Discovery!
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    someone knocked on my door at 07:30 - too early for the postie - I never open it, just yell thru the door to find out who it is ... should get one of those spy holes or learn karate or ...
  • pask - or stay in bed till after 7.30!

morning all, binge running day planned today, no run since the weekend & plan to do 13.5m this afternoon/evening
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    morning Nick - did you say you started Sri Lanka thread?

oooh someone knocked again - creepy, couldn't see anyone, why am I being so nervous? normally throw open the door with the armour on and get the bike out
  • p - I asked a question on General thread (just bounced it back up) to try to get a feeling for how much people thought was reasonable for a travel package & entry to Sri Lankan marathon - I have some contacts over there and was wondering if I could put together a deal on behalf of Hope for Children.

All very speculative at the moment.
  • Hello!

Isn't Sri Lanka a bit of a long way away? I'd love to go there (to make a crass generalisation, all the Sri Lankan people I've known have been delightful) but not sure about running a marathon.

Well, WW was right. I emerged from Ikea last night with lots of junk including a mirror with a floral frame for Angelmouse (it looks lovely in her pink girly room, fixed on the wall at a height which looks silly but is perfect for a 6-year-old), a pink floral cushion for the same pink girly room, a frame for my old schoolfriend's Seurat-style tiger painting, lots of toys and art stuff for presents when my children go to parties, a few additions to my husband's energy-saving bulb mountain and lots of ground coffee. And a pledge to buy Tinkerbell lots of pink girly bedlinen and cushions and pictures and mirrors and a frilly daybed when her room has been built.

When our doorbell rings early in the morning, it's either a new postman with a large parcel (the regular postie doesn't come till mid-morning) or somebody wanting a few quid because the dog has eaten their last fiver. And it is NEVER the asylum-seekers from the emergency accommodation down the road, or the ex-cons from the post-release hostel for young offenders a couple of doors away.
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    Hi there V-rap - with all that pink frilly stuff!

A friend has just started a diff HOPE down here - she very very nearly died from anorexia

it's great to have something in mind which takes us out of our insular worlds

considering doing the tough Launceston Half twice for Tibet - just awareness not sponsors - cant cope with asking for sponsors as last lot put in a fiver each - too much for most of them
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    ooh I love ikea. The only problem is that you can't take your trolley to the car. This prevents problems if you are single and shopping on your own, because you are in a dilema of either struggling to the car with your flat pack and bag of nic-nacs, or leaving the trolley in situ, whilst you rush off to get your car, leaving some scoundrel to nick your stuff.

Difficult. But nice shop with cheap candles.

Morning all by the way
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    V-Rap - sounds like you have enough in your world already however!
  • paskha,

in answer to your earlier question (post 4), I have tried running in the water, its called "aquajogging" and is good for non-impact training if you're injured. I've also seen scuba cycling - scuba-divers riding mountain bikes on the sea-bed!!
  • If I'm in that position, Smitch (rare now, because my husband likes Ikea too, mainly for the free refills of coffee) I tell the staff, in rather sweeter and frillier terms, that if somebody doesn't look after my purchases while I put the kids in the car and bring it to the loading bay the whole lot will have to be refunded. They're always very obliging. It will soon be no problem because the kids are big enough to understand "stay with the trolley and bite the legs off anyone who comes within half a mile of it".
  • Alas, Paskha, I lead what Shirley Valentine called "such a LITTLE life". I just don't half go on and on about it to make it seem bigger.
  • SmitchSmitch ✭✭✭
    that's a good idea Vrap, I will try that next time. I always spend loads there on stuff that I don't need
  • Hi Smitch - happy birthday - you're becoming a right regular FFF'er!!

• Smitch - you mean it's your birthday, where's the cream cakes?
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    PROBLEM: my son is a recluse (though does message others on-line) tried football club, couldn't relate to lager lads

he started 5 AS levels at 16 at college 25 miles away, decided subjects wrong, too far to travel, assumed "buzz" of the place absent for him! gave up after 6 mths

started 4 AS levels at 17 at college 10 mins walk away, dropped 2, didn't do course-work for English, I think the only one he will pass is Computing - but only cos Lecturer phd me personally - otherwise no contact with parent ...

I know this is not running but ... I know you guys can be very helpful !! have tries usual lines - mentor, counsellor, he hates being seen as has awful acne, HAS BEEN KNOWN TO RUN - his expensive bike used just twice this year
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    Just got letter from college - first communication - apart from computing lecturer - all year!!!

so diff from when I was at schl
  • What does he want the AS levels for Pashka?
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    good question Sassie - cos he doesn't know what else to do
    he lacks confidence - has never had a job (I smoked at 12 so had to get money!)
  • awful acne is eminently treatable pashka
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    assumes he will have a crap life if he doesn't get educated