Options

Poetic Perky & Plagal

Comments

• Options
    Can I give a quick 'hurray' here for my nice young GP lassie? I was a bit worried about my flakey story: "my left foot is turned inwards, probably from the hip, always been like that, never had a problem with it, running more now is causing some niggles, can I get it sorted out before I do get a problem?". I was worried that I would have to develop a serious injury first, but no, I'm off for an x-ray :)

• Options
    Pix - go out for a pint then :o)
  • Options
    scratch some midge bites :)
  • Options
    ooh thats me in two hours will!
    Friday Teatime sesh!
  • Options
    paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    Interesting - similar time for the halfs in a marathon then? eg Tresco M was 2.23 + 2.22 (tough little hilly thing) in fact say 2.03 plus 20% = 2.27, say 2.30.
    Marathons MUST be good training for triathlons?? - cos you get used to trying to run with that knackered feeling and having to grit your teeth and push & shout at yourself mentally - yeah mental, thats what it is
  • Options
    Yep - Al, me too

Paskha - Marathons are good if you are doing Ironman - otherwise not for half IM races 15-16 miles is enough
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    If I get bored at work I make up ANOTHER training plan on Excel, with graphs and coloured bits. I've got loads of them now, although only the latest is up to date.
  • Options
    paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    Poor EP - hope weather holds for wkend - but not the wish of hippo et al for Potts

Hallo BBB - how can I shake your hand when I cant catch you bobbing about there ...
  • Options
    Time to sneek out i think and go home :0)

Have a good n
  • Options
    Bye, WW.

Just popped home to give the surveyor measuring Ivor's room for some fitted furniture his instructions. More like, HE gave ME the instructions. The next step is to invite our friendly electrician to move a double socket a few metres along one wall and put a quadruple socket where the desk will be fitted. Wish I could do stuff like that myself. I suppose I have no excuse for not learning - there must be plenty of night-classes in elementary electrics and carpentry.
  • Options
    Have a good weekend Will!

I'm off in a mo, just gotta show a work colleague how to change the bulb in her brake light!...she was actually going to take it to the garage, Now I know nowt about cars but thats ridiculous.

Take care guys n gals
  • Options
    paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    EP I've received some emails with some help and advice re my older son, which is so kind of them to do that - Thanks you lovely people!! we're a nice bunch aren't we??!!
  • Options
    just going to finish my cuppa, then change and run home

- unless, as just happened, someone comes in with something they want to talk about

Have a great weekend all
  • Options
    I'm here, Pix. Just started afternoon surgery. It's Friday 13th, the moon is full, I am half-asleep, and somebody has just discovered that today was not the best day to come in and perseverate over the listed side-effects of the medication they pestered me to prescribe on rather soft grounds a few weeks ago. I did not say "You demanded the bloody things, that little packet at which you're now turning up your nose cost the NHS over twenty quid, so just take them and like them or lump them", but it came close. And when, having ruminated about whether the prescribed medication was addictive, she asked for "a few temazepam", it was all I could do not to screech with laughter. I think I need six months off work to take a course in Social Skills for Dinosaurs.
  • Options
    I must get an appraisal organised and convince the nice colleague who has been given the job of appraising me that I have a serious attitude problem and need retraining at the PCT's expense. This will be so stressful that I'd have to retire on health grounds at the end of the 6 months. The pension of just over a quarter of my current salary would suffice until I'd trained as a plumber.
  • Options
    bloody hell! do we only get a quarter! f*ck me Ime gonna have to carry on working a wee bit longer!
  • Options
    paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    Hi there EP - I only joined RW about a month ago - one of the new club members down here wrote a report for the club website about Stratford - where she met other RW forumites (her name is Tigger)

She told me "richk" from RW forum was also doing Neolithic M, so met him and some others ... and so it goes

A whole new world of like-minded folk - well, you know, the running thing!!
  • Options
    I'll have been qualified and working without a break for 17 years, FT, so that'll be 17.5/80ths plus 6.66 years enhancement for being ill, so not much over a quarter. And without the day job I won't be of any interest to the organisations I moonlight for.

But I'm a worker and I'll find something else to do. Could be health minister...