Poetic Perky & Plagal

Comments

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Had to go and do some work for a while - showing me that my brain hasn't yet recovered from its ordeal earlier in the week. Still, only an hour and a half to go, and with the state my desk is in at the moment, I'll fill that just tidying.

EP, Club la Santa is a training camp type place in Lanzarote. I went for an unofficial look round when we were there on holiday 2 years ago. They do running weeks and cycling weeks and the like, and have really good sports facilities. The club is on a pretty remote headland with crashy waves and stark volcanic landscapes. Quite surreal, but every report I've heard has been good. There is a website - I think the search brings it up quite easily.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Oh, yes V-rap, go and be health minister, please. Running shoes on prescription, free entries for FLM if you reduce your RHR by 5 bpm over 6 months - the possibilites are endless!
  • Ha! When I'm health minister I shall bring a few big boys with shades and baseball bats to cabinet meetings to help persuade my colleagues that McDonalds should be kicked into the Atlantic. And so should Subway. Their food may be "healthier", but it still mings...oops, that's the culture secretary's territory.

Running will be compulsory and the alternative health industry will be banned from claiming any medicinal properties for its products. And about 90% of the contents of the British National Formulary will be blacklisted.
  • (not sure about the you know what though)
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    Vrap - now I know why I'm here - go girl - more MORE !!!
  • Well - now lying comfortably on my couch :o)
  • That's OK, PT. Like a true agent of the government, I won't ask the opinion of the likes of you, or of anyone apart from companies which have secretly offered me a lucrative directorship when I resign provided I make decisions which are favourable to them.

Nike, Reebok, Saucony, Adidas, don't all rush at once. I haven't been elected yet.
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    great stuff Vrap - interestingly I hadn't checked my moongazer on the PC -

FULL MOON tomorrow at 11:16

I only mention this cos a certain man I know personally (my nearly ex'd of seven yrs apart) sent me an email yesterday to note the fact that I "owed" him spagbog x 2

being the first night ALONE in my own home for years probably - the two lads absences rarely coincide - I declined and gave him SEVEN scuses - but have agreed to cook tomorrow night

YAWN - this is going on a bit - sorry

HE TOLD ME THERE WAS NO FULL MOON AROUND
    (he is v much a werewolf - though says it's ME who's the TRIGGER)

OUCH - theory has it, it's OK if the FULLNESS is past it's peak

is this all drivvle???
  • Not sure, Paskha. I only know because my kids pointed out the big fat moon last night. I've been looking out for patients behaving bizarrely, but they've been no stranger than usual.

You'd best develop a dose of something very contagious between now and tomorrow. Cough down the phone and tell him you haven't been right since your mate came back from Hong Kong a few days ago.

Two can be werewolves. Post the spag bog through his letterbox.
  • paskhapaskha ✭✭✭
    very good!! hee hee, thanks
  • Hi all

The observant Pixel has found me out!!! Team JJ are on the verge of throwing in the towel :-(

Not been the best time for any of us. However, as with the moonwalk this is seriously to your advantage as I will make an excellent support crew :-)

Not officail yet as I have to hear back from one more member.
  • I feel brilliant. I really needed that holiday. My orthotics come next week so I will be starting the Get you round schedule for Abingdon. The podiatrist likes people to start wearing the orthoses all day every day straight away. He is the professional so I'll just have to suffer. I am very much looking forward to hitting the streets again.
  • It'll feel funny starting run/ walk, but I am DETERMINED not to injure my self.
  • Bad news, JJ. But sensible to make the decision now.

I'd better get training again soon or I'll be DNF-ing the Trailwalker. I am SO unfit now. But I shall do it, come what may.

• It's 19 weeks to Abingdon on Sunday.
  • I got my Moonwalk photos yesterday. They're not as good as Pixie's. I think I shall send them straight back.
  • I did some walking on holiday and was painfully aware of how unfit I have become, plus I am having a new conservatory built over the next 6 weeks or so, so will be very busy.
  • How ever I am very keen to do as much supporting as possible and will probaly camp over with you all on the Friday so I can cart all your gear around.
  • Pix, you've just run a race! I've done zippo since the day after Moonwalk, when I walked a bit. Just totally squibbed out. And, like JJ, I could easily be distracted by construction projects. Tonight I shall be perched on top of my son's very unstable loft bed scrubbing the ceiling so that it's fit for plastering. And ripping off hundred-year-old skirting boards. Maybe there will be a few groats hidden underneath.
  • Mine was a lovely pic of FR and HW, but Kevin says I look FAT in it and my husband looked a bit dubious about the idea of me buying a photo in which I'm having a hug from a man who has a better six-pack than he has.
  • I like supporting :-)

I have a nice big car that can double as a bed if necessary :-)