Options

Marathon Training Partner Rqd

Comments

• Options
    Sue
    I know you from Pinnacle/Cannons days. I'm currently training at Dave and Mark's gym but there is a group of us that go running - sometimes just a couple depending on who's around at the time!? Depending on how far people want to go - jsut recently only 5-7 miles but I would love to get these miles up as considering Marathon next year. Call me 07974 348711. Alison (long red hair!) ex fitness instructor!
  • Options
    Hi there Sue and Alison

Am in the same boat as you both at the mo - trying to get back into it after 2 bike accidents !

Am into Triathlon too and aim to get back into it over this winter so if u fancy meeting up for a little whatever at some stage then please get in contact.

Email: willey.david@virigin.net
    Mob: 07732 187967

Other than that I can normally be found at the ole Chris Lanes (now David Lloyd in Woking)

Good luck and be in touch

Dave
  • Options
    Anyone fancy London Bridge to Orpington once a week (or anywhere else on route). I set off circa 7pm and take about 110mins to do the 13 miles but am aiming on improving and beating 100 by Christmas. Final aim to get to 90 mins by April

Also by April to build up the miles (on another day) to incorporate more of the Marathon route (eg round Surrey Quays)which takes the total loop to 20 miles (Finish Petts Wood)

Route via Lewisham or Crystal Palace
  • Options
    Ashley

I was looking at your own website earlier today because you mentioned it on another thread. Sounds like your making loads of progress - 1hr 40 for 13 miles by Christmas would be great going. As for 90mins by April.... wow.

Neil
  • Options
    Nielruns

I know I can do it and earlier this year got down to 107 on the Thurs and 104 on the Friday just before the marathon and as you can see had loads of injuries.
    Hopefully learnt the lesson. and have decided to do more runs but of shorter distances, over weekly milage though is slightly greater.
    Also adding speed work this time round.

Any tips?
  • Options
    Freaky

I'm in Sale. Too far? I'm pants anyway.
    Probably not a good idea to go out alone with anyone named Freaky anyway!
  • Options
    Scaredy cat, where do you run??? Chorlton meadows, I know someone who needs a running partner there are you doing Stockport 10
  • Options
    I am planning to do the London Marathon nxt year (if I get accepted) have been doing a few road races (5 miles, 10 miles - soon a 15 mile race). Would like a running partner to train with who lives in the essex area (pref Ilford area) or thereabouts. Am not a really fast runner. Would say timing for the London marathon is about 4 hours. Thanks.
  • Options
    Freaky

At the moment I'm just running the streets/to & from work & travelling a bit further on the weekend. Am not doing Stockport but am considering Four Villages (too close to xmas I ask myself?), Wilmslow & think have got in for FLM (cheque cashed, didn't bequeath etc). You?
  • Options
    Used to run around meadows now do canals, hills and trails around here, Stockport, am doing Stockport 10, 4 villages and Brass Monkey,York, not Wilmslow because doing Prague, and don't know if in Flora yet, not doing enough training however.
  • Options
    Freaky, youre doing the Brass one??
  • Options
    I've entered but no number as yet
  • Options
    Hi Freaky, I'm in north Manchester so probably a bit far to travel for training runs. However, if there's anyone else out there in north Manchester who wants a training partner (I'm also doing a part-time gym instructor's course so can give lots of advice on nutrition, exercise, etc) then give me a shout.
    I did the GNR this year (my first half) and I'm planning on Wilmslow next year.
  • Options
    Hi Joanne! Yes, I would love to run with you. I live in the Woking area and would love to do a Sunday morning run whenever you are available. I would like to do evening runs sometimes too as it is better to do in pairs for safety.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Christine are you doing stockport 10, are you a member of fitpro????
  • Options
    Im in North West. Usually run round Lyme Park and hills. Work in manchester and run up Ship Canal
  • Options
    Not town hall??? I have run in Lyme park but more often cycle there up middlewood way, mud down back syndrome,
  • Options
    Freaky, I'm not doing Stockport 10 cos I'm doing the Leicester half this coming weekend and I don't think my body can cope with another 10 mile run this year! No, I'm not a member of fitpro yet.
  • Options
    Join new presenter is performing at Holmes place on 29th, always a good laugh and conferences are fab
  • Options
    I have just got a place in the FLM. Anyone in the Worcestershire area/Kidderminster/Bewdley??
    I am a "try and get round" person.
  • Options
    Anybody in or around Nottingham that would like to meet up for a run. Have been accepted for FLM, aiming for 4.30, not particularly fast at present, focusing on keeping going although had started some speed work before being struck down with the lurgy, hoping to get back to it in the next few days.
    Would be great to hear from you.
  • Options
    Verity

I've missed out on FLM (having been running since June)but will be keeping up my training over winter months (to keep in shape for 10Ks, Half Marathons and (possibly) the Robin Hood Marathon in Sept) and would be happy to join you depending on where you are - I live in Wollaton (a stone's throw from Wollaton Park, so good for training runs).

Not particularly fast (47-50 mins for 10ks, 1 hr 50 ish for Half Marathons)but hoping to improve next year!!! Let me know if you'd like to meet up.
  • Options
    Hi Sue, David, Joanne, Turtle and any other Wokingites!

I live in France but will be over at my parents in Woking for the hols. If anyone fancies training Christmas week that'd be great. I'm doing the FLM on a bond place, but very slowly! I'm doing 6 min miles on my mid-week runs at the moment.

Cheers
  • Options
    Rachel...."V slowly"...."6 min miles"...
    You are a tortoise to my hare!!!!
  • Options
    Hare to my tortoise...whatever you know what I mean
    (slopes off for another cup of tea to abate advancing hangover...thank god it's friday!!!)
  • Options
    Sorry, that should read 6 min kilometres! I keep mixing up my miles/ks what with living in France. I wasn't showing off H, honest!
    I feel a bit of a tw*t now!
    (now I'm the one sloping off!)
  • Options
    I'll let you off then - even though you're probably still faster than me!.....
    (slopes off for another cup of tea)
    Actually we've been doing a lot of sloping today, do you think that counts towards our training?
  • Options
    Is there anyone North of Watford Gap out there or does everyone live in Woking?
  • Options
    Bondi,
    Nottingham's north of the Watford Gap!
    Wollaton Parker,
    Sounds great, I'm only a few miles away, but you're still a bit fast for me so perhaps not quite yet!
  • Options
    Verity

Don't worry about speed - most of my 'longer' runs (5 miles+) are done at a much slower training pace (I reserve my 'speed' work for runs home from the office!! Domestic and work commitments limit my longer runs to weekends, but I would be only to happy to meet up - particularly if you fancy a 'local' run - I'm only 2 mins run away from Wollaton Park (strangely enough!!!)so a bit spoilt for the more scenic runs.

Need to keep my motivation going over winter months and it would be good to have a training partner - I'm still thinking about whether or not to go for a marathon myself next year.

WP