Why is bottled water so expensive?

123457»

Comments

• I paid two quid for fizzy water today in a restaurant. It was what I wanted to drink but I forgot my soda stream....image

Robbing B*STARDS!image

Cheaper to buy beer,

• Nam wrote (see)
    Alavana wrote (see)
    and this was before I read that on average, tap water has been through at least 15 different people before it`s recycled back round to you -
    who gives a shit? image
    Anyone who drinks tap water in Gran Canaria, apparently image
  • Get a Sigg bottle and fill it from the tap. None of the plastic taste and the bottle will last you 20 years.

But there's no need to drink water at all or in theory even drink !

Your body extracts water from pretty much any source and usually about half comes from food. All these articles about water being good for the skin and needing 4 pints a day are based on a flawed American study from the thirties or forties.

The only advantage of drinking water is that it has no calories.

For many hundreds of years water was undrinkable in towns and cities and the pooulation used to mainly drink mild alcoholic drinks (even the children) which was safe from bacteria.

• I have just seen an ad saying that it's great to wash you hands, but what about the soap dispenser?  It's full of the germs you pass on apparently.  Which is why you need the new, automatic, touchless, hand sensitive soap dispenser. 

Jez!  The human race is really going to catch on now that we've cracked that one.

• Karen Samuel wrote (see)
    What’s your favourite  water?

This has got to be up there as one of the most stupid questions I have ever heard.
    So you are asking me which tastless liquid I like best?

Does anyone remember that Only Fools and Horses episode where Del Boy was filling up bottles from the kitchen tap in his flat and selling it? Maybe somone should do this again and call it Bromley Spring Water!

If anyone started to sell fresh air you'd be at the front of the queue.

• Knight rider - somebody flogged a bottle of "Scottish mountain air" on Fleabay and it sold for fourteen quid! image

There's a queue of idiots the world over.

By the way - anyone wanting a Sigg bottle. They are selling them cheap in TK Maxx if you're quick.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

I have just seen an ad saying that it's great to wash you hands, but what about the soap dispenser?  It's full of the germs you pass on apparently.  Which is why you need the new, automatic, touchless, hand sensitive soap dispenser. 

Jez!  The human race is really going to catch on now that we've cracked that one.

That one gets me shouting at the TV too! FFS, you're going to wash your hands, it doesn't matter how many bugs there are on the soap dispenser image. It's all part of the modern move towards a germ-free environment - which is not only impossible but would not actually be healthy anyway!
  • Have you seen these automatic flushes on loos?

All well and good but then you have to open the loo DOOR with your pooey hands BEFORE you've washed them to get out!

Explain that one to me....image

• HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    just been through this whole thread and it is making me thirsty. I think I'll have a ..... coffee
  • This reminds me of those swine flu adds by the Government that told you to go and wash your hands after sneezing.

So you'd switch the tap on with your dirty hands, wash your hands and then grab the infected tap to switch the water off.  Seemed to defeat the point.

• It does defeat the point. We had flu, epidemics for years and we all go the bog,
    have a dump, then use those filthy hands to turn a tap on to wash those hands.

Somehow after all of that, we all still survive.

• SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Now this is expensive water image
  • hmm sometimes i have to admit that Lenin and Trotsky had a point...
  • I saw a woman at work talking on her phone in the toilets, she walked straight into the cubicle and continued her conversation in there, and then she came out without washing her hands!

So the rest of us wash our hands and then have to touch the door to the toilets to get out, after she's manhandled it without washing her filthy mitts! image

• Is it healthy not to wash your hands after having a number one or two.
    Considering man and woman have been on this planet for so long.
    Wonder how the cavemen coped without bog roll, soap and bottled water.
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

I have just seen an ad saying that it's great to wash you hands, but what about the soap dispenser?  It's full of the germs you pass on apparently.  Which is why you need the new, automatic, touchless, hand sensitive soap dispenser. 

I saw this on telly on friday and I keep thinking what a ridiculous thing it is!!! This kind of germ avoidance drives me nuts and turns people into freaks!
  • For a wee, I'm a walker. Sod it. I come in to contact with far worse as part of my daily routine, what with running through the countryside, walking through towns, and so on. For N2s, wash.

Kids and young adults are sickly these days because the environment is so clean. I once dropped a Mini Milk while out playing. I wasn't going to get it replaced, so I picked it up, brushed off anything crunchy, and carried on with it.
  • I'm NOT a walker.

I wash my hands.

I even open the door with a piece of tissue.

Because YOU might have been in it! image

• @Livebird - it you were in the cubicle after I'd done a download (N2), using tissue to open a door and washing your hands would be the least of your worries!
  • Don't forget, urine is sterile.
  • runnerman wrote (see)
    Is it healthy not to wash your hands after having a number one or two.
    Considering man and woman have been on this planet for so long.
    You try not washing your hands after doing a number 2, for say, the next year and report back to us! image
  • Intermanaut wrote (see)
    @Livebird - it you were in the cubicle after I'd done a download (N2), using tissue to open a door and washing your hands would be the least of your worries!
    Why am I thinking this?
    http://defenseoftherepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/toxic-waste.jpg

• runnerman wrote (see)

not saying its to do with washing your hands,

but wasn't their life expectancy about 28?

• They got their winter fuel allowance at 21 Faimagernie!
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    M.ister W wrote (see)

Who falls for this sh*t?

Oh yes, my ex wife image

She fell for you, too image