Snake Lane 2011

Hi.

I haven't run the snake lane 10 before but it has been chosen for one of our club championship races this year. I know it fills quickly once the entry forms are released so just wondering if anyone knows when entry opens? and also what is the likely date for the 2011 race?

Cheers

Comments

• WardiWardi ✭✭✭

No date set yet YS, usually one of the last 2 weekends of Feb.  The forms came out in October last year as far as I can remember.

Typically it takes about 3-4 weeks to fill up, not quite as manic as the Brass Monkey!  Keep an eye on the Pock runners site for updates.

• It seems odd to choose a race which fills up fairly quickly for a club championship, unless you have guaranteed places with the organisers.  I would get your club secretary to contact Pocklington Runners to get some entry forms sent as soon as it opens.
  • The race is on 27th February, Pocklington Runners are still finalising plans, entry details will be announced in september. No deals will be done beforehand with anyone.
  • Thanks all.

I will keep an eye on the pocklington website and then we can post a link on our club website once entry opens. 3/4 week fill up doesn't sound too bad - I was worried it was going to be a brass monkey scenario! (although I have been lucky enough to have a BM place for the last 3 years image)

• According to UKresults.net it filled up in 25 days last year.  Can't see any info about next year's race yet.
  • Entry forms are on Uk Results site
  • So they are, thanks very much. Strange there doesn't seem to be anything on Pocklington Runners actual website.
  • I fear I may have missed the boat, anyone know if the race is full yet please?
    Cheers
    JR
  • WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    JR.. there is usually an announcement on the John Schofiedl site when the race is full, that hasn't happened yet.  I'd get on with it if I were you image
  • Excellent news, a thousand thank yous Wardi. JR.
  • Approx 150 places left as of today, from what I'm told.
  • Got my number today, 731 image
  • 150 places left, get moving if you want one  !
  • Hi, have numbers been sent out? Cheque has been cashed but no race pack as yet?
    Cheers
    JR
  • They usually come out much nearer the time so people dont lose them I think!
  • No number yet but noticed that hareandtotoise has one? Anyone else had theirs yet?
  • It's probably a bit early for numbers to be sent out - I'd expect mine in Jan sometime - would hate it to get thrown out with the chrimo rubbish!
  • Has anyone recieved their number for Snake Lane yet?
  • Me neither.
  • No nor me, I was starting to wonder.
  • I found an email address which I have sent to so will let you know when or if I hear anything!
  • Had an email last night saying they were despatched yesterday (being Sunday image), but lo and behold, mine arrived this morning - 548 and I'll be fetched up so keep an eye out and say hello image
  • Hi, got mine today too - sods law! 519

See you there