Options

Ideas anyone

Hi I ran the Edinburgh Marathon in May (Anyone still peeling from that oven of a day?) at 5hr 15 which given it was my first ever race I was mighty pleased with given the conditions.

Ok got the nice medal and T shirt but since then I stopped running thinking well thats done I'll just run when I feel like it and up untill 2 weeks ago I hardly ran, I've run 6.6 miles everyother day for 2 weeks at 9 min/8.5 min miles, anyone got any suggestions how I can up my fitness relatively quickly, and anyone got any ideas about racing in Australia as I leave in a month for a year with work?

Cheers 

Comments

• Options

Hey gareth,

Yeh i ran edinburgh as my second ever and that was one scorchio day, there was quite a groan at the start line when the sun came out wasn't there.  You should be chuffed with that time cos in that sun it was hard going.  few more water stops wouldn't have gone amiss!

By coincidence i was in sydney in april (not best time just before edinburgh but never mind!) i looked to see if i could do ant races whilst over there but didn't quite get the time.  In sydney they seemed to have running clubs that regularly organised there own in house race with members sorting drink stops in turns.

I also did a bit of nature reserve running and there are some different noises out there that take a bit of getting used to! also watch out for the dark comes in v quick.

With regards to training i would seek out a nice distance race in oz and set that as a goal and crank up the training.

Oh yeah watch out for the spiders/snakes/sharks etc!

All the best