Options

Conwy Half Marathon

Comments

• Options

Only a week to go and looking forward to the race .

Received my number and timing chip this morning .

Hope the weather is kind .

Bring it on image

• Options
    EllieJEllieJ ✭✭✭

Oooh have you - mine hasn't come yet - Monday probably.

Still not entirely sure whether I'll 'go for it' next Sunday. Just got back from an 8 mile run and that's been the longest distance I've got round to doing (did it 2 weeks ago as well).

Yes, I'm hoping it'll be a fine day too!

• Options
    Good luck Cheryl. You'll get there. Just take it easy. My user name suggests I may be down the back with you...... image image
  • Options
    Has anyone got a route map for this?
    I need to tell the funeral guys where to pick my body up from!!
  • Options
    Just plotted it on memory map, its got 1,700 ft of ascent!
  • Options
    My Wife has had her race number and chip in the post today....but mine hasnt come yet.
  • Options
    Not seen any info on how they are going to position runners at start . Heard something about different waves a while ago but nothing since . Had to put estimated finishing time on entry so something should have been done . Really important that slower runners start at back due to narrow path for first few miles .
  • Options
    Hmmm.....1,700 ft of ascent......this isn't sounding like a PB course! Yikes!! Never mind. I've done enough flat ones.....image
  • Options

The first 4 miles or so from the castle, through Deganwy to West Shore have a few little bumps in them but nothimg much.  Church Walks has got a bit of a climb on it but it only about 60ft over about a third of a mile. The first mile after the Chruch Walks roundabout has a bit of an up and down bit which isn't too bad and it's followed by about two thirds of a mile which is relatively flat. Then the real work starts ..... the next mile or so is the toughest on the route ... it's not all uphill, there are a couple of small downhills followed straight away by steeper uphill sections. You top out when you hit "Rest and Be Thankful" but there is a little down and up pretty soon after. Then it's pin your ears back and go for it for the next mile and a half as it's all downhill. It's a good test of your bottle to see just how quickly your brain will let you go image

You then just retrace your steps from West Shore through Deganwy and back to the castle.

I've received my number today and I'm really looking forward to this now .... just hoping the weather's like today and not Thursday image

• Options

/members/images/376129/Gallery/Running_RACE_Conway_half_marathon_08-11-2009__Elevation_-_Distance.png

This is the elevation off my Garmin, the hill's 400ft, it's not massive, and if the RAF come out to play again, the helicopter will take your mind off it!

• Options
    EllieJ wrote (see)

Still not entirely sure whether I'll 'go for it' next Sunday. Just got back from an 8 mile run and that's been the longest distance I've got round to doing (did it 2 weeks ago as well).

Yes, I'm hoping it'll be a fine day too!

EllieJ ......

Just give it a go and do your best. It's a fantastic route and the scenery is great. Not sure how long you've been running so don't want to tell my granny how to suck eggs but as long as you have a plan whether it's to race it/run it/plod it/run walk it/walk it/crawl it the important thing is to enjoy it image Good luck !

• Options

Mr Puffy ..... how did you get the elevation map off your Garmin ? Is it from TC, connect of something else ?

I'm intrigued ..... please Mr Puffy share the secret image

P.S. Don't worry folks the graph makes it look way scarier than it is image

• Options
    EllieJEllieJ ✭✭✭
  • Options

It's off Sport tracks, you can save graphs and charts as jpegs onto your pc.

If you don't have Sporttracks, just google it, you get it from Zone 5 software.  They ask you to donate, but if you come across a site actually selling it then steer clear.

• Options
    Flip Flop Man wrote (see)

thank gawd for that !     <*places Immodium back in cupboard*>
  • Options
    Thanks for that MP .... I did download a copy of Sport tracks when I first go my 305 but it looked a bit complicated so I never used it. I guess it time to invest some time with it. Cheers
  • Options
    Bruce - www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)
    Flip Flop Man wrote (see)

thank gawd for that !     <*places Immodium back in cupboard*>

Evenin' Bruce,

How's things ? Hope you've been practicing up and down those kerbs image

• Options
    Does it def go round/up the Great Orme then, on that nice road that goes up it? The 15k in Aug went up there & the views were amazing. If you get a clear day it's unbelievable. Bring a camera! The pier is cute too! And there's stone circle. I have a thing for stone circles....I tend to dance naked round them.... image.....but only on midsummer's night......image
  • Options
    Bright Bimbler wrote (see)
    Does it def go round/up the Great Orme then, on that nice road that goes up it? The 15k in Aug went up there & the views were amazing. If you get a clear day it's unbelievable. Bring a camera! The pier is cute too! And there's stone circle. I have a thing for stone circles....I tend to dance naked round them.... image.....but only on midsummer's night......image
    BB .... How about this for a deal ...... If I break 1:50 I'll join you in a dance image
  • Options
    Yikes....dancing naked with a man wearing flip flops in the middle of November......image Ok then! image image image
  • Options
    Oops .... what have I done image
  • Options
    Are you going back on your word already......?? You could carry your flip flops I suppose, & use them to cover up any dodgy bits, if an old lady came along. There are a lot of old dears round there.....
  • Options
    EllieJEllieJ ✭✭✭

image Should be an interesting race, count me in!

• Options
    Go for it Ellie. Just take it easy. Not the easiest of HM's by the sound of it, so if you find it hard, remember there are nice flat ones out there if you want an easier one in the future.
  • Options
    EllieJEllieJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks BB! This one is local to me, so thought I'd give it a go.
  • Options

I have been advised by medics not to take part in this event now (gutted but if I take part I could do some serious damage to my back). So my number is up for grabs all i ask is to be paid for number and the tech shirt I ordered size medium £22.

Cherylimage

• Options
    Oh no BB, I wouldn't go back on my word ..... a deals a deal and I wouldn't welsh on a deal (unlike some eh Mr P.  Did she ever pay up ?) anyway middle of November I don't think I'd be scaring anybody image
  • Options

image Flip flop.

image Cheryl. (I never take a blind bit of notice of the rubbish the medical profession come out with, & it's never done me any harm! They are hugely over protective. I ran on a broken ankle after 4 weeks, having cut the cast off after 6 hours, & that was fine, & is still fine. And ran Race the Train 9 days after pulling a hamstring. Don't regret a thing. I would have missed out on alsorts if I'd run to a doctor, as they would have just said sit still & don't move for 2 years, image & pay stupid amounts of money to physios & sports massage people. image Totally unnecessary in my opinion. And I'm living proof!)

• Options
    Does any one out there have this course measured at 13.1 miles?
  • Options

Afternoon all,

I'm running Conwy HM in aid of the RNLI and now that my lovely yellow vest has arrived I thought it was time to go public. I've tried to update my profile pic but I'm guessing they have to be vetted by RW towers before they're updated.

If anybody would like to see me modelling my gorgeous yellow singlet (and sponsor me if you like image)

please have a look here ============> Flip Flops page

Cheers

Tony