Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Drivers, especially taxi drivers going to Luton Airport - an important aspect of driving is visibility and being able to see what's going on around you. Sticking your satnav or your phone on the windscreen right in front of you at eye level creates a huge blind spot, just the right size for a car, bike or pedestrian to 'suddenly' appear out of just before you hit them. You wouldn't put a sticker on the screen in that position, so why do you think it's ok to put a distracting mobile device there?
  • Dear Lady over the barrier.

STOP using management words.  Touching base with the blue sky thinking and talking about the synergy crap is doing my head in.  Also it does not make you look clever, it makes you look like a tit.

• Dear colleague,

Observing a 2 minutes silence does NOT mean tapping away on your keyboard image

• In a similar vein...

FFS, it's a large open-plan office. Sound carries.  The fire alarm test meant that we were going to be starting a 2-minute silence.  Would it kill you to stop the phone call and call back afterwards, instead of carrying on the conversation all the way through? Grrrrrr. image

• Our fire alarm started at 10:57... all in all I think we had about a 5 min silence... image

Not sure if it was intended that way or whether the person in charge of the fire alarm was in a bit of a time warp...

• Dear Finance Lady

I spoke to you and explained the problem. You wanted to write me off and cancel everything. I asked that you hold off until I had chance to desperately explore all the options I could think of. I clearly said I'd email you today to let you know. That meant waiting from Tuesday afternoon until Friday morning - difficult I know.

I am pleased that you are now having to scurry around setting everything up that you cancelled anyway.

SOLB
  • Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dear Weather,

If you're going to rain, rain properly. This floaty, drizzly stuff is useless and annoying.

and it makes my hair go frizzy image
  • SOLB how are things going with you.  Have you found ways around your challenges with housing, benefits, the course etc?
  • Saffy sweety pea wrote (see)
    Screamapillar wrote (see)

Dear Weather,

If you're going to rain, rain properly. This floaty, drizzly stuff is useless and annoying.

and it makes my hair go frizzy image
    Ditto - one of the reasons I hate it so much image 
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Dear left calf,

HEAL you miserabe, selfish, inconsiderate f**ker.

thank you

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    sarah the bookworm wrote (see)
    I phoned the interviewers. Just to be certain that I hadn't got the job. Turns out I had and I start on December 1st imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage  Yay!

• Mother, I'm almost 40. The time for you to worry yourself sick about my where-abouts passed about 20 years ago. Sometimes I'm not at home, so if you don't get a response when you call the landline, you can call my mobile. That would probably be preferable to sitting there fretting that I had been mugged or murdered in Coventry, wouldn't it? Sometimes, I go out with my husband and have dinner, I'm not going to ask permission before doing so because I'm not a teenager. I'm a grown woman FFS. I'm not 'vulnerable'.

It is also possible to go three days without calling me for an hour long chat, especially as you're coming to visit tomorrow.
  • Hey Nam

Not great but I'm pretty brave!

There might be a way around it or there might not be ... I won't know until after the move when the powers that be make their decision. (Just gonna have to man up until mid January)

How are you?
  • Nam wrote (see)

Our fire alarm started at 10:57... all in all I think we had about a 5 min silence... image

Not sure if it was intended that way or whether the person in charge of the fire alarm was in a bit of a time warp...

Last year my daughter's school had a genuine fire alarm just after the bell went for 11am!
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Dear BBC,

It's a Friday night at peak viewing time.

You are showing  'Tribute to Sir Jimmy Savile'

FFS, get a grip.  It's not as if he was a current celeb/star.  No one has seen him for 20 years.

If you wanted to show a tribute, why couldn't you have waited another week and replaced the complete and utter bollocks that is known as Children in Need.  

• Gertie I am with you, hence I am on here.... Autumn watch and Tribute to Sir Jimmy Saville....
    I need wine (but am running tomorrow morning......) May have to give in....
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭

ooh, Autumn Watch.  May get to see a dead badger or something.

With reminds me, is Dave Lee Travis still around?

• I know I can hardly contain myself...
    Dunno about DLT...
    Or care....
    Maybe we could have a charidee concert for him anyway and televise it on a Friday night, primetime....

Can't wait for antiques roadshow now, or maybe last of the summer wine...
  • Very sad news for SOLB sis. They got Ollie's sister, she's a gorgeous puppy - every one has fallen in love with her but their two kids (aged 3 years and 5 months) are both highly allergic to little Cassie image

Just posting the ad here in case you know anyone in the SW who might like to give her a home

Urgently for sale: Our beautiful 12 week old Dalmatian puppy. Only selling due to children's allergies. £500 + 4 weeks insurance, toys, bed, food, 1st vaccination complete 2nd and microchip booked and paid for, pedigree papers. She's been vet checked and both her parents are good natured from a reputable breeder. She's been brought up with children and is very good natured. We're desperately sad to see her go. Salisbury, Wiltshire. Craig or Emma 07876252284.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/614453/Gallery/cassie_0.jpg

• ermm

well done to Bookie

Good luck AN

SOLB thats so sad I bet the kids are devastated

• It's really horrible Maddy. The girls don't know yet. Our 'big girl' (Aged 3) is going to be devastated - she adores Cassie and has been telling everyone who'll listen about her spotty doggy image

She inadvertently broke her father's heart today by asking whether they're going to keep Cassie for ever and ever.

• image SOLB

Now - I know that parkrun welcomes runners of all abilities but to turn up in your walkings boots is pushing it a bit!  Trainers and an attempt at a run-walk wouldn't have gone amiss  image

Love from The Tailwalker 

PS A thank you at the finish would have been nice

• The puppy left today. Our littlebig girl had a cry then realised she could play on the floor again so promptly buried the house in toys (she also requested a lunchtime picnic with her Nana)
    I think she'll be OK, though she liked feeding Cassie in the morning so 'chocolate toast' and a cuddle from her Mummy are on standby for tomorrow.
  • It's incredibly poor form to slag off your husband in front of your kids. It's also spectacularly stupid when the audience for your rant is your husband's Mother and sister.

You have no idea how unhappy you made us both yesterday. My brother is no saint, but he works very hard to put a roof (massive roof actually) over your head, food on your table and clothes on our back. If you fear he's spending too much time away from you and the family perhaps you ought to think why? I'm thinking, after 11 years, he's probably sick to death of finding his home full of your parents, brothers and their girlfriends.
  • I really CBA with work this morning - and it's only going to get worse as the week goes on.
  • Dear G.  Monday mornings are so much nicer with you. image
  • Gertie wrote (see)

ooh, Autumn Watch.  May get to see a dead badger or something.

With reminds me, is Dave Lee Travis still around?

If you'd watched the Jimmy Saville thing then you'd have seen DLT on the show very much alive and well apparently. A lot less hair than I remember however.

Women in the X5 who nearly crashed 5 times in 1.5 miles yesterday morning - not only is it illegal to have a child that young in the front seat, but to have them holding an unrestrained dog that's almost as big as they are at the same time is just a recipie for disaster. During the couple of minutes I was behind you you went from 40mph down to 20 and back several time, you very narrowly avoided 3 oncoming cars, 1 bike and a pedestrian, you crossed the white line several times and missed the curb by millimetres repeatedly. And you spent more time looking at the child/dog than you did at the road, and you certainly didn't look in the mirror. I was very glad to reach my turn so that I could get away from you. Buying a big car that's 'safe for kids' is somewhat negated if you then drive it like an arse!

• Tesco's internet shoppers... I hate you.
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    SuperCaz wrote (see)
    Tesco's internet shoppers... I hate you.
    Sorry. image
  • WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭
    SuperCaz wrote (see)
    Tesco's internet shoppers... I hate you.

Why do you hate them, Caz?  At least they're not getting in your way in the shop!

I hate the fact that the shop is full of elderly (and I mean way past retirement age) people on Saturdays - why don't they go during the week?