Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Indeed CD, indeed. Her tutu must have slowed her down...
  • Dear American presenter, I am sure you are very nice but your voice is sending me to sleep... Also conference organisers, please try to factor in some breaks for your technical crew, we work much better if we are fed and watered and can go to the toilet...
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Last 2 days work before a year off on maternity. Of course that means small child with virus and 40C temperature with hubby out of town. So, in to work tomorrow and Monday pm to complete essential handover.

Thank you, fate....
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    I hate Children in Need
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Gertie wrote (see)
    I hate Children in Need
    I mean the TV program rather than needy children.
  • Yep, me too. In my past paid employment, I had to organise CIN for my division. I could feel my soul dying for about a week beforehand.

last year I organised a baking competition. The joint winners wanted a prize, I couldn't believe it. I should have told them that *I* actually won the competition (independent judges) but decided to step aside because as I had organised it, it would look dodgy.
  • Does it still involve *shudder* Terry Wogan? He was supposed to have retired years ago but has and more comebacks than a dose of herpes.

I'm liking the sound of ironman training if it demands eating chocolate fingers!

Thanks SOLB, you do help. Anyone who leaves me virtual chocolate for breakfast is guaranteed to set the day off on the right foot. Nam likewise, there's a standing invitation to Hash Hall.
  • I've just had an argument with my Dad. We said enough to really hurt each other but didn't say the things we should have said.
  • Awwww luv, let things cool off a bit and hopefully you'll be able to talk things through a bit more calmly in the next day or two.  I'm sure you're both regretting the things you've said but sometimes families do that - so long as you can talk afterwards, thats what matters.
  • Oh dear SOLB, I've said some awful things to my kids and they to me.  When the dust settles, go and give him a hug?
  • Thanks SCaz it was lovely to meet you today, thanks for the tea image
    Ahh CD sadly our family doesn't work like that. It's the first argument we've had in years. It only lasted 5 sentences and it never happened by the time I'd put my coat on to leave.
  • Thanks Mr P. Hugging won't fix it but its a sweet idea.
    I'll leave some hugs around the thread instead
  • Ach, not so good SOLB, my family is the same (not spoken to my mum in a lot of years).  Hopefully you can find some way through it and at least be able to maintain a mutual regard for each other in the future.  Sometimes its best just to settle for that rather than constantly feel you have to work hard to make them happy.  You take care of yourself tonight, try to sleep on it and don't beat yourself up about something that was probably beyond your control.
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭

Top Gear USA  - it's just wrong.

I can't describe how wrong it is.

It'slike watching a snuff movie

• Thanks CD, wise advice. There's nothing I can do. Just got to get over it.
    Are you feeling better today?
  • I don't think its a case of getting over tbh, just getting around it - learning how to cope better with it.  Only time will sort through it and in the meantime you just need to try hard not to take all the responsibility on yourself.  ITs tough to do that sometimes but ultimately there's two sides to every argument and whilst you may regret some of the things you've said or done, those are the moments that make you. 

Better than last night, still a bit random mood wise - one of those days where I seem to have managed to say absolutely everything with my size 5 firmly embedded in my big gob!   Tomorrow a whole new day though.

• Know that feeling CD!

SOLB wrote (see)
    Thanks Mr P. Hugging won't fix it but its a sweet idea. I'll leave some hugs around the thread instead

Have a few hugs back from us too.  You can choose your friends......  

Hope you get some sleep tonight honey, but if the sleep fairy deserts you then just do the best you can and  be nice to you

• I grant us both absolution for the sins of our big gobs ... here's to tomorrow
  • Thanks Hash ... I'll stop calling the sleep fairy useless and casually throwing rude names her way and hopefully she'll be more likely to put in an appearance.
    Night
  • Hash - not sure how much comfort it is but as you probably know  I have just started to come out of the very situation you are dreading.  Hang on in there you have days where you want to scream and break things because despite what some of the smugger members of society thinks the world is not sympathetic and doesn't support you even if it is out of your control, especially teh financial organisations (ermm I have one each of most crockery) but you do re-evaluate some things I am strerssing alot less about things I used to to because it made me stronger
  • Dear drunken texter

Yes OK I appreciate that you texted a third time to explain that the first two weren't actually meant for me - it would have been VERY random if they had

But seriously if you do that again don't apologise 20 mins after the first texts when I was just beginning to drop off again - it was three o'clock in the morning FFS
  • Back on the fleas - according to our vet there are strains that have become Frontline resistant, which may explain some of the thread reported problems.  We now use stuff called Promeris, expensive, smells like coconut and very effective.

Maddy - I'm intrigued by your drunken texts...

• Dear customer,

I was so pleased to hear you had monumentally cocked up, it has made the begining of my week start well.  You were so sure of being right and everyone else could not make decisions, so why are your people so upset with you?   Perhaps you decided you were the best person to make decisions but actually you know jack shit.

Thanks you for putting a smile on my face. 

• Barclaycard, I don't think you will be able to sort out this problem, despite your assurances that you can. You don't have any of the necessary information to investigate, I did offer but you said you didn't need it. I think you do and I think you fobbed me off because you don't know how to deal with this problem. Don't worry tho, having worked in the credit card industry, I know exactly how to complain about this kind of shonky customer care.

AND; unnamed charity that I interviewed with recently: it's very nice that you've offered me a second interview but can you please get round to scheduling it? I could be doing loads this week, in fact I should be doing loads, but at the back of my mind, I keep thinking I need to keep time free to prep.
  • College Website:

"All students have access to a well-equipped Fitness Centre at each campus. Membership is free, and full and part-time students may use the centres at any time between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday during term time, providing that it has not been booked for training purposes and providing you comply with Health and Safety conditions."

Email from Student Liaison:

"Wednesday afternoons, between 1:30 – 3:30.

This is the only time currently that students are able to use the gym at xxxxx – but if it’s any consolation, it is free!!"

Errr no, that's not any consolation.
  • E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Who would have thought that getting an MOT and yearly service on a car could be so difficult. Yes,i'm away on business a lot but still - I mean come on having only two slots in the next 3 weeks? How is that Customer Service friendly?

Furthermore - Dear Belgian MOT center - Yes, dutch isnt my first language - it isnt even my second - but I try. I had all of the major words listed and could understand what you were saying but to simply hang up on me was rude. I may not be the best dutch speaker but I'm trying and you've just made a crappy day even worse.

If i could cry right now - I would.

• 40 mins - they were very tame just a slightly over familiar hello and not meant for me - hasn't stopped the lads at work from taking teh piss though - serves him right for telling them in the first place - I didn't
  • Do you have any idea how feckin' unprofessional you are making us look? image 

We are all snowed under, we all have busy private lives, but you keep dropping the ball. Sort it out.

I am fed up of apologising on your/our behalf.

• Stupid whiney question for the day

Why can't everyone just be nice?