Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Thanks for that incoherent "Blaravh a run lalaargh!" I really couldn't understand a word you said over the traffic noise and music from my headphones. No doubt it was full of wit and cutting insight that only a teenage girl with a fag hanging out of her mouth in the back of a boyracer's hatchback can deliver with such eloquence.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    "Blaravh a run lalaargh" - one of my favourite hebrew folk songs.
  • MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Really? Coming in and announcing to everyone you're still drunk? Yeah, that really makes me respect my boss...
  • $191 a night but no hot water, and sometimes no water at all? Which definition of "5 star international hotel" are you using?

• Do I want some warm, cheap Prosecco? Er, that would be no...image 

• WombleWomble ✭✭✭

if you don't want us to mail you why do you wait a year before complaining about it? We could have sorted it in January.

• Seriously, wtf do I have to do to get a tradesman in this town?

• Boys...  if you're going to get sent off for punching someone, at least punch the opposition, you idiots.  image

• I'm a very bad person... that is all...

• Instead of sitting there sniffing really loudly every 30 seconds, blow your damn nose.  It's a small and quiet office, and we don't all want to listen to you constantly snorting your snot.

I've offered you tissues on a number of occasions, as a subtle way of letting you know that it is really quite noticeable (and, quite frankly, really getting on my tits), but you've just laughed about it being "the time of year for runny noses".

I can only be polite for so much longer, before I have a Michael Douglas moment.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Look, you're an accountant, it's odds on that one day, a computer program would remove you and your so called skills entirely. So rather than posture that you're worth £100/hour plus, just be grateful you have a job at all.

Lets face it. If it wasn't for the tax system and potential penalties levied by the Inland Revenue. You wouldn't even exist.

🙂

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Please stop with this self-regarding shit about the "ordinary real people", living in the "real world". You don't get any special claim to authenticity for not having done much, it doesn't magically imbue you with homespun wisdom, nor is your life and the lives of those around you any more legitimate than any others. An appeal to being "real" is a conceit to invalidate any opposing position when you've got no substantial arguments left.

Let's hear it for the extraordinary people, the people of unusual talent, ability and intelligence. I feel much safer with them in charge.
  • MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Well that pretty much sums it up - the picture you find of me at work and post 3 years later is a picture of me shovelling shit.  Could anything be more appropriate?

• You said you weren't going to stop me taking redundancy. Get on with the confirmation then, ffs.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Really? It seems appropriate to you to gather everyone to make a fuss and say goodbye when it is not my choice to leave and I have nothing good to go to? This is not a celebration, let me creep out with a shred of dignity intact.
  • As I can't know all the circumstances and relationships, I don't know what to say...  but wishing you all the very best, Madbee.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

Thanks NE - I was given redundancy notice back in June, but they've kept me on until now as they haven't found anyone else to do the workimage  That definitely is it though at Christmas, and while there isn't really any great ill-feeling, the job I have in its place is not anywhere near what I want to be doing and I would really much prefer to be staying - so gathering to say goodbye is just going to be painful, not celebratory.  (You didn't actually ask, did you, but I needed to offload that thought somewhere!)

• WTF are you eating? I think I could still hear you if I was in Japan!

• "but they've kept me on until now as they haven't found anyone else to do the work"

If they need someone to do your work, your job is not redundant!

• Brilliant! Another TV series presented by Gregg Wallace! Is there no end to the man's talent?

• So you, as an admin, couldn't decide whether to approve the post or delete it and deliberately "left it to someone else" only to complain that it HAD been posted. well fuck you lady, take responsibility or zip it.

Or just do what I did and change the emphasis of the thread with your own post. 

• 10cc on the shuffle setting while running tonight. One of the best bands ever  So creative!  I'll get my coat.

• Thank you for confirming my redundy ..... yeeeeehaaaaa!

But seriously, what is the point of making me hang around till the end of March like a fart in a phone box? Let me go already!

• Yeah - I won't do it again... sorry! Please don't change...

• Dear politicians. Whilst I'm pleased the phrase 'let me be clear' seems to be fading away at last, stop saying 'the ordinary people'. Apart from being condescending and rude, who exactly are you referring to anyway? Show some genuine respect!

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Muttley wrote (see)

"but they've kept me on until now as they haven't found anyone else to do the work"

If they need someone to do your work, your job is not redundant!

My thoughts exactly.  Sorry to hear that Madbee - hope you find something better soon.

Muttley - that's madness - do they gain anything by making  you stay?

• I admit I have been avoiding the issue for a while but I decided today that I ought to let you know that while we may be on the same page in many respects the Christian one is not one of them.

The comment about "truth denial" was fine when applied to Galileo but, as far as I am concerned, not to Jesus.

So now you know, I'm a Humanist. I also think it will take more than "loving each other" and hugging Trump supoprters to defeat extremism.

• Q)  What kind of moron thinks it's OK to drive a car wearing giant headphones?

A)  A moron who has a good chance of killing himself, or someone else, or both, or just lots of people all at the same time.

• Hey yeah Trumpy - your 7000 nukes aren't enough.  Build some more.  Make 'em bigger.

That will help the world come to its senses about nuclear weapons 

Great plan. You buffoon.image imageimage

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Royal Mail for vanishing our presents. Should I ever need to get rid of a body I'll post it to myself.