Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Thanks for the coffee and biscuits. The coffee is good, but this biscuits are stale.
  • So you went into the thing and saw a minor thing that needed fixing. You know how to fix it but you sent me a whole message and screenshot asking me to fix it. And then you found I had gone home and fixed it yourself anyway. And I come in this morning, not knowing this and go in and look at it anyway.  So my reckoning is that something that should have taken literally 3 seconds took about about 10 minutes.  If we keep this stupidity up we could waste entire days...
  • You might not have liked me sending that email but there is an urgent problem that needs fixing and, frankly, you are not doing enough about it. I will escalate it again myself if you don't give us the support we need. Frankly I care more about getting our work done than your feelings. I'm sick of sitting in happy-clappy meetings where we are asked to be proactive and then going back to an office where we have to obey a chain of command. It's pissing me off. If I have to choose one I'm going to choose the first one.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Why can't we all just admit that tennis is rubbish and not have Wimbledon. Or at least not on the telly. Or just limited to one dedicated channel called Sky Tedious Fucking Sports or something. And how do these British players that aren't Andy Murray make a living exactly? If you fail the Made In Chelsea audition is the consolation prize a tennis racket and LTA grant?
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I ran past a young man exposing his willy the other day. Right after I passed him I had a moment of l'esprit de l'escalier - not something I couldn't say, but something that came to me too late: "Excuse me Miss, but your clitoris has popped out."
  • So you went from "all my idea, nobody needs to reimburse me!" to "actually, although it was all my idea I do want you all to reimburse me!" within the space of 48 hours. This is going to make you popular, chum...

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Enmity. I had three cracks at saying it during a conversation this morning and was putting far too many syllables in there.
  • Dear skin
    I know I'm Scottish and therefore you will burn when the light in the fridge comes on, but seriously - through waterproof factor 50 FFS?
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Our local paper is continuing with its "no fake news" campaign. First, accurate news is a basic expectation. Second, local paper so what "fake news" is the issue here? Made up fetes? Third, "fake news" is a term so muddied what is meant in this context? Accuracy? If so see point one. Or is it a sop to zealots who see media conspiracy at every turn when it diverges from whatever bollocks occupy their heads? Feels like a pandering editorial which does nothing but undermine journalism/pressmedia as a whole.
  • MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    I'm sorry if I'm coming over as stroppy and miserable, I'm not actually angry with you, just insanely jealous that you have a normal, functioning body and mine won't bloody work. 
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    No I'm not going to pick out the weeds between your new block paving because you should have done as I suggested and had crazy paving put down. 
     I'll use weed killer.
    What does, "I'd rather you not do that, we have cats around here", mean?
    Are you thick or something. Its called weed killer because it kills weeds. It's not a general kill-anything-that-touches-it killer.
    And that goes for slug pellets.
    Christ, no wonder you're not married you bossy cow.
    And not surprised your own cats are permanently housed indoors in an enclosure. Given half a chance they'll run off and never come back.

🙂

• While I don't particularly like Jodie Whitaker, It concerns me that so many people have a problem with a genderless, time travelling alien being played by a woman.
  • You changed a scheduled meeting at a moment's notice and actually DARED to throw a strop because I wasn't around to attend? WTAF?! 
  • JimineyJiminey ✭✭✭
    Yes I am annoyed with you. It is common courtesy to express some sort of thanks when someone gives you a gift or even a nod to acknowledge its existence. I want to scream in your face.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Does anyone care what people at the BBC earn?
    I imagine it's a lot less than if they worked for a commercial channel.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Dustin said:
    It's a stick to beat the BBC to bolster its commercial and political critics (which too often bleed into one other). And the BBC spent yesterday busily thrashing itself with it to demonstrate its balance and neutrality, concepts most of it's critics have no genuine interest in. Gary Lineker is still overpaid though.
  • JT141 said:
    Dustin said:
    It's a stick to beat the BBC to bolster its commercial and political critics (which too often bleed into one other). And the BBC spent yesterday busily thrashing itself with it to demonstrate its balance and neutrality, concepts most of it's critics have no genuine interest in. Gary Lineker is still overpaid though.
    Gary Lineker isn't really overpaid when you consider the amount of cash floating around in football. Thierry Henry reportedly earned £4m a year for being a pundit for Sky Sports and Gary Neville £1.2m a year.
    Over half a million a year for Steve Wright????!!! Now there's a waste of licence fee money.
  • I'm not a violent person, but if I hear another 24 year old complain about being "old" I'm going to punch them in the face! 

Nobody I knew when I was 24 ever complained about being old - not even the old. Bunch of self-obsessed twats!
  • When, like, did people, like, keep saying "like" fifteen times in every, like, sentence?
  • When, like, did people, like, keep saying "like" fifteen times in every, like, sentence?
    Like, where have you like been for the last, like, five years. Like totally.
  • petwencalpetwencal ✭✭✭
    Mr Worry said:
    When, like, did people, like, keep saying "like" fifteen times in every, like, sentence?
    Like, where have you like been for the last, like, five years. Like totally.

About the same time every sentence started with So.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    "If I'm honest...." 
    so you normally lie then?
  • Dear Twitter twats, I know you regard ignorance as a virtue but don't get into an argument with the guy who wrote an important article off the back of being in full possession of the facts. For the love of Dog know when to STFU!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    How come no-one discussing gender pay gaps has stated the alarming discrepancy in male and female retirement ages?
    Surely women should earn the same, but contribute more for the extra years of pension receipts they are entitled to?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    The female retirement age is being increased to match the male retirement age, and will be the same by November 2018.  A lot of women who will be retiring in the meantime (and a lot of female pensioners) won't/don't get the full pension as they paid reduced or no contributions for long periods (in the "old days" when women with children just didn't work), or earned so little that they were on a "small stamp".
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Can you not engage in any general conversation without veering into some irrelevant personal anecdote? How the f*ck do we get from Charlie Gard to a rundown of your recent visit to the hairdresser? You've no interest in the world beyond your immediate experience. While tales of your life hold a fascination for you, they're a tedious conversation killer for everyone else.
  • MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Dear Everyone I See, apparently,

I know you consider 'blooming' a compliment, but all I hear when you say it is 'you look really fat'.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Nah. Blooming means they think you have high blood pressure. Or about to fart.
    If they said you were bubbly, then that means fat.

On the the other hand, bubbly might mean 'really fat'.

Anyway, what bloke really likes a thin women? it's like being in bed with a bicycle.

🙂