Options

Bupa Great South Run 2010

Comments

• Options
     I am 1405 Orange.
  • Options
    Still no race pack and no reply from Bupa. image
  • Options

Run Kirst Run: that is not the sort of service you would expect from an event such as the Great South. I have not looked myself, but is there not a phone number somewhere on the website. If so phoning would be your best option. Other then that all I can suggest is try sending more e-mails until you get a reply.

Well hope you get this resolved soon, and who knows, the race pack may turn up in tomorrows post.

• Options
    Run Kirst Run - they seem to have a policy of taking three to five days for responding so this would seem to be why they picked on today, the 15th for people to email (that is what mine said).  Not sure if anyone has said to you already but do keep an eye on your spam filter just in case as important emails tend to end up in there!  I would agree with Solent Runner - with the lack of a telephone number more emails increases your chances of one of them being read.
  • Options
    only 8 more days to go, Done my last long run yesterday, couple of shorter 'keep me going' runs left.

Thought I might do a bit of cheeky carb loading tonight, bottle of red and some cake are going down very well.

I'm in the white wave, which I think is about right for me, getting quite excited now.
  • Options
    This Event will be special as 21st years get underway includes our friends from France.It should be cool but unsettle.Hopeing not windy like 2years ago speciale across Eastney?
  • Options
      I was having kittens over my great north number number this year,it arrived 3 days before the run,whenever i phoned nova, i found them very helpful and assuring.You will be running the great south,unfortunately you might have to pick your number/chip up on the day.All the other information you may need is on the website.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help. I have had a reply from Nova stating that my pack was sent out on 4th October so it has somehow got lost in the post! Oh well, I won't stress any more, I'll just make sure I'm there early on race day to pick up another number! Good luck to everyone running!
  • Options

Just to warn people, there are long term road works on the M275 which will still be there for the GSR. They haven't really caused any disruption so far, but there is a reduced speed limit and narrow lanes so allow plenty of time to get there.

There are also speed cameras on ALL routes onto Portsmouth. Take care.

• Options

Hmm, am in green wave which is a bit odd as last year was in white and predicted to be much slower.

Am looking at a time of 1.40 or so which would have thought would be a white wave time?  Will it slow me down if I go in the green wave?  Will they really kick me out the white wave if I just go in there?

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    I think they would refuse.

Suggest you get to the very front of your colour as I am doing to mine - need to get in there early mind.
  • Options
    I will get there that Sat and plenty of time to get rady.But it maybe cool and colder?
  • Options
    LRR-good to see you on the GNR & GSR double!!  Hope your GNR time was the one you were hoping for!! 2 x 10ks races over this sunday and last under belt so as warmed up for this GSR as I'll ever be!!
  • Options

Good half done today - not quite a pb but huge improvement on last year.  Looking forward to setting a 10-mile pb next week image

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and is ready for next weekend.

• Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm in white wave on Sunday and so looking forward to it image
    Did a local 10 mile road race today in prep and considering I've been rather ill most of the week so not really race fit, finished in 1hr 33mins image
    I'm running for the Guide Dogs Association as a dear friend of mind last her sight n her early 20's and received such great and help for the association and I wanted to help give something back not just for her but for others who in need of help too. If anyone would like to sponsor me please visit www.justgiving.com/caroline-partner Thank You x
  • Options

Race pack has finally arrived.

I'm running in White wave number 12955!

• Options

If anyone uses runbritainrankings, they intend on adding 10-miles to the list of options in future but not likely to be before GSR but you may be able to add your performance at some point soon

• Options
    Hello,

I've just had my number through and I'm in the green wave, but entered through a charity and don't recall getting a time option. I was hoping to do it in under 1hr30mins, but I've had a cold/laringitis that's gone to my chest and haven't trained in two weeks. I've still got it a bit and now I'm getting nervous that with no training for two weeks I wont be up to it. Might try and get out for a short run on Thursday if my chest it better. Any advice on recovering from these bugs much appreciated. Good luck to you all for Sunday!

Ruth
  • Options
    Ignore my previous post as runbritain appear to have added an option for 10-miles already
  • Options
    Consider it ignored S_L_O image
  • Options
    touie2touie2 ✭✭✭
    RuthMac wrote (see)
    Hello, I've just had my number through and I'm in the green wave, but entered through a charity and don't recall getting a time option. I was hoping to do it in under 1hr30mins, but I've had a cold/laringitis that's gone to my chest and haven't trained in two weeks. I've still got it a bit and now I'm getting nervous that with no training for two weeks I wont be up to it. Might try and get out for a short run on Thursday if my chest it better. Any advice on recovering from these bugs much appreciated. Good luck to you all for Sunday! Ruth
    I recently did a half marathon after 2 weeks off ill! I finished but my legs were really achey afterwards! Just take it easy on the day and you will be fine!
  • Options
    Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

Hope Saturday's forecast doesn't slip to the Sunday, which at present looks OK.

Southsea forecast.

• Options
    Mr B-GSR is renowned for it's appalling weather so I reckon it will slip.  Mind you this year I'll get caught either way as I'll be at the Mini GSR with MiniMyk image
  • Options
    Has anyone got a spare place for GSR? Please message me if you do - thanks!
  • Options

heavy rain ??? 25mph winds ??? must be time for the great south run... image

i've done the last 4 GSR and only last year was it actually sunny ! all the others have been raining, really effects the crowd levels so, lets pray for some sun !

• Options

Well the weather does look promising though chilly.  Good for running!

I sprained a knee ligament 5 weeks ago and had given up taking part.  You can imagine my frustration.image  I even considered entering in a wheelchair!image  My knee has improved a lot and so I thought I would walk the 'run'.  When I asked my physio for his advice yesterday I had 'hoped' he would tell me not to do it therefore common sense would prevail and I would get a lie in on sunday.  However he said that he had no problem with me walking the 10 miles, although the knee would get sore it wouldn't do any damage as long as I didn't runimage.

So do I or don't I?  My miserable git of a partner said she wasn't going to stand around waiting for me for 3 hours so won't come along.  But I love the GSR especially if it's not raining!  Bad weather would keep me at home but I won't wish for it and spoil everyone else's fun!

I would be wearing my fairy outfit cos it's good for banter with the crowds.  Anyone else out there going to walk and keep me company???

• Options

GF; not walking it, however, happy to cheer you on should our paths cross.

You will not be alone

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

GF - Good for you. I just looked up the results from last year - they were still coming in after 3hrs so you will not be alone.

Had a sneak at their photos too....a cheerful & colourful lot image

• Options

Yay! I'm defo up for this nowimage  Bought some cold spray stuff today and it worked a treat on my sore knee so I'll have it with me enroute ensunday!image Anyone spot me then say HI please.  I'm in white start so all of the green wave will pass me!  Look out for my flowing green locks which are being tried out for the first timeimage.

Bring it on!

• Options
    Woo Hoo its GSR weekend.

Rain seems to be flying past us, as does the 8 pints of honey dew mmmmm.

Time now to focus on race.