Options

Bupa Great South Run 2010

1234568»

Comments

• Options

Hi

I have not mailed them yet do you have there details ?

Cheers 

• Options

Same here!!  Good move..and my faith was going!!  Oh well they sorted it out in the end!! 

Well done for the heads up schmunkee!!image

• Options
    Stick wrote (see)
    I have not mailed them yet do you have there details ?

I used the 'contact us'  function from the Great Run website

• Options
    The Great Run people have confirmed to me that there were problems as they had to switch over to a backup system. As a result my time has been reduced by 9 seconds and I've jumped up 5 places....

However they don't admit that there were problems for all runners , but it seems to me that most peoples reported times were also around 10 seconds slower. Even more serious is that the winner broke the UK record but his stated time is different by 2 seconds from the time on the clock when he crossed the line.

Supposedly this is the only Gold standard 10m race in the world so I suspect they are keen to keep a lid on this and won't own up to how widespread the timing problems were. Shame really as it was a really good day.
  • Options

Hilts: if those who you jumped over send an email you'll jump back down again image

Now....do I send an email to get my 3 or 4 seconds back that they stole? As they're giving me 1:0018 I don't think I'll bother...if it was 1:00:02 they'd be getting spammed by me by now!

• Options

Still proves the point thought that as a gold standard race that the extra expense in having the chip device should ensure some sense of accuracy...1/2 secs you can deal with but 12-15 secs...that is appalling...local club events with 2,000+ runners can obtain higher accuracy not the premier 10 mile race in europe....well premier mainly because the 10 mile distance doesn't equate to much interest in kms!!!

Oh well fond memories of GSR...couple of weeks off..then marathon prep for brighton 2011 (second time!!)  

• Options

Me too.I got this yesterday:

Dear Anthony,

Following your recent email we have investigated a small number of similar enquiries with our timing provider and now understand that unfortunately several Bupa Great South Run times were calculated using backup systems due to an intermittent computer problem.  As a result our timing supplier has revised your published time down by 9 seconds, and they have assured us that additional systems have been put in place to stop this occurring in the future.

On behalf of Great Run and our timing supplier we apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope to see you at a Great Run event soon.

Kind Regards

Caroline Evans
    Customer Services
    PO BOX 1RY
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    NE99 1RY

My time has been adjusted on the website. Can't help wondering how many is "a small number"

• Options

You don't need to contact them to get your time changed.  They have identified those who needed to use the backup system and they have already been corrected.  I didn't complain about my time as it wasn't a particualrly good one anyway, and my time has been adjusted.

• Options

My time was 13 seconds out and has not been corrected.

Pretty poor that the backup system was not actually a backup system...

• Options

Well I was one of the first to mention on here about the chip times being over what my watch told me, and just looked on there site to find they have not bothered amending my time!

It was a PB for me anyway, and will use there chip time for this this, but it is over what my watch told me.

A race of this size and price should be not having these issues.

• Options
    Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

Just looked into signing up for GSR 2011. They want £38.81 this year....that's got to be taking the pi$$, especially after they admitted cocking up mine and many others finish time last year. May well swerve it this year.