British Heart Foundation's Night Half-Marathon

Comments

• It does seem very much a bit hit and miss.....from at first it being all off road....then half off road and half road.....now all on road......with all the pubs and clubs turning outimage.....should be funimage

Unfortunately each time a big charity tries to organise a money spinning event...they never seem to ask the people running how it should be organised. And possibly do not seem to care either.

• You are spot on there Tonka. I ran a Stroke Association race and it was ludricrous. Marshalls were not where they should be and everyone went wrong. There were no times or positions recorded.

I think the best idea is to think of it more as a social run than any kind of a race. Lets enjoy and bring our sense of humours

• would love to do a night run but this is too far away from meimage
  • Will have to do one in Oxoimage

• Hi all received the pack today!!! still no route showing, have looked at Tracy's downloaded map what a tough course all hills!!! Until at least mile 9 ! Ahhhhhhhh
  • How do i get Traceys download map up ?......so i can see it properly

As said NLR bring our sense of humours and have funimage

• Hard to make out the map but seems to be a long drag up Ditchling Road all the way to the top of it.
  • Its a damn good ideaimage

• NLR Since when does removing trainers have any relation to removing underwear? image gmike... ever the gentleman image

Right, let's have some order...image

Tonka Boy, please can you arrange a time and place - we have the date image If you make it at an appropriate, discrete place we'll recognise each other by numbers, tops, descriptions image Or else wave a banner saying RW, or each carry a red rose, or heart....

gmike, can you please do something clever with the map so I can post it on here properly? I'd like to be able to see the hills! Am a little concerned... but at least a PB's on it's way with the clocks going back image

Have everyone got their numbers now?

Who's doing the RW forumites social run?

Are you raising money... (there's no view as to whether you should be or shouldn't be.. was just a thought for a RW article).

p.s. did half of Abingdon Marathon on Sunday to help a fellow club runner returning from illness, with another friend doing the other half with her. It was very flat though... hmmmm....

• yeah gmike do something clever with the map

i got my number and lots of useless info. i got a bit white heart that you have to write why you are doing it. like "for mum" or something. i'm gonna put cos i wanted a free headtorch-maybe you can write RW at the bottom of it

• I think for the tenner entry, the free headtorch and I think we get a t-shirt also? this one's gonna be a bit of fun, running through hilly Brighton at midnight with my OH and humorous RW mates image

Re. the useless info, I think promoting the charity and asking for donations and sponsorship isn't all that useless.... bet your torch battery won't work NLR image

• Did you all get this email:

White Night 2010

Thanks for registering for the fantastic new Midnight Half Marathon.

There's just two weeks left to go so I hope your training is going well!Important informationWith a fantastic 300 of you taking part, we've decided to stagger the start to ensure your safety. You’ll be starting off in groups of 20-25 with a slight gap.

As the event has been so popular, we'll be closing registration for it soon – well done for getting your place booked early!

The RouteThe route is now finalised and risk assessed! It’s fairly tough with some big hills during the first half, but it’s nothing you can’t achieve.You'll be taken anti-clockwise around the city, with most of the  route on pedestrian areas and footpaths. We really hope you enjoy it and that it makes you rediscover Brighton!

Thanks again for signing up and for helping us fight the battle against heart disease. Don’t forget to set up your JustGiving page if you haven’t already.

Look forward to seeing you there on the 30 October.Best Wishes,
    Kate
  • I got the e-mail yeasterday-Bliss!!
  • Hmmm.. you seem familiar...
  • Maybe i removed your bra onceimage
  • No. I'm positive it's not that image Did you do Brighton Mara? Actually.. think it was something to do with Mornington Chasers 10k....
  • Have done both Brighton Marathon and Mornington Chasers 10k a few times-take your pick

• Did you meet at the RW meet at Brighton Travelodge? You seem familiar... so does your attitude image
  • I wouldn't be seen dead in a Teavelodge! I actually don't think we've met-sorryimage
  • Brighton TVlodge was actually a great location to stay in, i.e. right by the start, but we had a RW meet on the Saturday afternoon. No, I think I've seen you on a Mornington Chasers 10k thread before now or one like that.. so don't be sorry image confused me when you mentioned my name.. or it's a coincidence image or you're a stalker....

• Ran the Mornington Chaser 10k a few times a few years ago but not been involved in a thread . I stalked you I'm afraid lol. Checked your race reviews and then found Tracy B in the results. Wasn't hard but had you worriedimage  At the BHF race look for the guy with "for the free headlamp" on his heart

• Christ.. you freaked me out image I'm usually top stalker and the OH said looks like it's been done back to me! I stalked you but couldn't find much.. except fairly flippant contributions to threads, including this one image
  • Last time someone stalked me they said I was no good as a "stalkee" because I was far too willing to be stalked.

I usually start out very earnest in threads then people get arsey and then I get even arsier back and so on.......

I'm just a sweet puppy reallyimage

• i dont take your stalking seriously NLRimage
  • But I want you to take me seriously Loula- I missed you x
  • Will check out start and try and sort out a meeting placeimage
  • Just got what you meant.. thats top stalking! Well done! Unfortunatley I've met characters like you before so I'd partly sussed you out image

Tonka Boy, thanks

Got Brentwood 10k tomorrow. I have a 10k on my half schedule for my taper and turns out it's cross country which I've never done before!

Not long to go.. everyone ready? Busy writing on their hearts? Desperate for their free headtorch... image

• No you've never met a boy like me before. Got my Edwyn Collins ticket for November 4thimage
  • Hi everyoneimage

i know its been a while since i last posted hare but it's been a hectic week. well looks like i cant make this race after all as my OHs uncle died this week so we will be flying to america for the funeral this tuesday and staying for a week. but it has been fun catching up on everybody's post.

NLR- you are too funny, made my laugh at loud many times. Tonka Boy and Tracy i was looking forward to meeting you both. Tracy it's unfortunate when the stalker becomes the stalked isn't itimage good luck with brentwood tomorrow, i've always wanted to run cross country. must put it on my to do list for this year

good luck with this race everybody not long to go now, look forward to reading everybody's reviews image