Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Enjoy the park run Toby

Fran fran fran - what are u talking about????? Hanging up your shoes!!!!! No way girl - the amount of arduous runs u tackle put me to shame- so no more talk of stopping!!!! So glad run turned out good for u xxx

Well I've had an interesting couple of days exercise - yesterday I was meant run first thing but I didn't feel like it so I got on my bike and cycled to ( 6.66 mile route) horsie- bathed her and cleaned winter rugs etc was there for a few hours doing al this - then the cycle home was up a hill I haver never managed to cycle up before but yesterday I managed it!!!!! Total mileage was only 10 miles but what a workout!!!!

This morn I woke up wanting to run - so I did a 4 mile hilly route and felt really good even though I thought I would need to rest after yesterday!!!!nice running weather today wet cool cloudy

Life in the old girl yet hey?????

Hope everyone else ok

Ttfn Nessie x
  • Fran - i didn't see anything on RW yest as I couldn't get on line- site wouldn't open

Ness
  • yes everyone one was moaning about it on the thread RW had set up to get feed back on the new site they must have fixed it as it's all gone today

• There were hundreds of threads set by some serious spammers to get you to subscribe to live feeds of a the Euro games. Apparently, they work on the concept that maybe 0.01% may sign up!
  •  

good news for me i don't have to cycle to work not such good news for the lady my wife shares a car with she was meant to be going on a balloon fight today but the weathers to bad so they cancelled it

so taking that into consideration and the fact i don’t mind 1 drenching a day went out for a run was only meant to 3 miles today but i weighed myself before i went out and not liking what i saw decided i needed to up the mileage in the end i did 8 miles taking me 1:20:52 with an Avg pace of 9:50m/m

It’s not the quickest i done that route looking back it was about 4 minutes slower than i took coming near to the end of my training for Brighton but about the same as at the beginning mind you i am now about half a stone heavier now that i was then so it just goes to show how much effect carrying the extra weight makes

• Morning all

did 4 miles for me yesterday and although it was over cast it was still quite warm so it i went out in shorts and a t-shirt and running vest so much easier to run in than on Monday when because of the weather had the running tights on with a running vest over that a t-shirt then a long sleeved top and a light running jacket plus a hat i did have gloves on but had to take them of as i got to hot

Had to try the hat and gloves out as i was given them on Saturday by my son for my birthday

The run took me 33:45 with an Avg pace of 8:26 m/m so really pleased in the garage today as i want to do a gym session top of with a speed session on the treadmill

• Brilliant run, Toby. Happy birthday for Saturday (last or next?)

I have to say, I always overheat, so it has to be the bare minimum for me - I've worn a crop top and capris with gloves sub zero in Feb before now but shape/ excess weight warrants a little more now.

5.5 miles, averaged 9:15 last night. Not that its supersonic, but it amazed me actually, as I'm still feeling sluggish- every step difficult, yet managed "Heartattack" Hill no problem.

Gym for me tonight and, as my car has to be taken for a service tomorrow, I was going to run 10 miles home, but wonder if it's wise, given my race Saturday.
  • Fran - if you're wondering about it then u probably know the answer !!!! 10 miles may just be too much before the race????

Good running u and Toby(happy birthday)

I too try to wear minimum ( but not a crop top - lol - id frighten the livestock!!!!!) as I overheat and look like abeetroot when I run.

Went to aqua aerobics last night (45 mins workout) and was supposed to run this morn but legs feeling really tired this morn sooooooo may have rest day today?? As I cycled Sunday - ran Monday and pool last night.

Hope everyone ok and dodging the showers!!!!!

Ttfn Nessie x
  • Hi all - back from Spain to this weather image

Congrats Chris image

ffRAN - what race is on Saturday?

Oliver's Birthday this weekend so it'll be busy image

• Ness-I too would frighten the natives but cover up the flab now.

Kev- hope you had a great holiday. The race is the Beast of Bryn.

Decided to compromise- I ran from work to the Gym - 7 miles, hoping to get there by 6pm for the Body Pump class but as is usual with my job, couldn't get away, and what with it being very blustery so I couldnt up my speed, so got to the gym at 6:03 and the class had started- damn!!! Still pleased though as I averaged 9:13 minute miles. Feet up now after a delicious dinner ( freshly caught sea bream) with gales blowing a hooly!!!
  • The Beast is a toughie I hear - good luck ffRAN

• Morning all

Well got the gym session done on Wednesday had a rest day yesterday i have 7 to do today so as i have to go in to work to pay some lottery money i may well combine the two it really depend on how hard it’s raining

• Welcome back Kev - huh thought u might have brought some sun back with u lol x

Good luck Fran x

Well I had a rubbish run - felt like I was running through treacle - I really am beginning to wonder if this is really for me????

Hope everyone else doing well

Ttfn ness x
  • Afternoon all

Well 7 miles done ran to work and back so my lottery all paid up weather here’s a mix of sun sunshine and showers at the moment went out in t-shirt and shorts with my dreams come true running vest that’s the charity i will be running the GNR for had a couple of little showers bit nothing bad and even with them it was still on the warm side

the whole run took me 1:04:14 Avg pace of 9:09m/m have to say it went a whole lot better than Monday s 8 miles al the splits were a lot better

• Good run Toby.

Pob Lwc ffRAN x

• just back from my first park run never bothered with a time as i ran it with O/H but compering Garmin data it looks like she took about a minute and a half of her time

• Toby please say, Massive well done, OH!

Well I am absolutely, blinking shattered!

The Beast of Bryn was the hardest race I have EVER done - even the really good runners are of the same opinion so I don't feel too puny. Not exactly sure of my time as I forgot to turn off then Garmin, and as the ankle strap had rubbed me until my ankle was bleeding, I had taken it off and when I held it near the mat at the finish, the Marshall told me it was the wrong one - so I may not even get an official time! My watch was switched off at 2:43 -and that is for 15MILES so I cant even begin to tell you how hard, and long the hills were. At one stage, I stopped to get a stone out of my shoe, wasting valuable time, only to be calf deep in mud a few minutes later- had a complete forest in both shoes by then!

At mile 11 or 12 ( it's a blur!) I realised I was running alongside a road in the next valley. SO DEPRESSING as I realised the next few miles were back up the mountain.

The whole race was in biblical conditions. Gale force winds and torrential rain that sometimes dried up to just drizzle, and it was so cold.

The worst part was when, at mile 13, I finally turned downhill to the finish, only to find I was facing the full force of the gale. It felt like running up hill all over again.

But then, just when I thought the ordeal was all over, I had to run the full circuit of the rugby field and, because of the 3 or 4 inches of ground water and mud, it was like running through treacle.... But I did it..hyperthermic, covered with mud and wet right through and exhausted, but completed.

Will I ever, ever do it again.......you bet!!!
  • Oh Fran so very well done - u are amazing!!!!!! I wish we lived closer I could use some of your grit and determination at the mo!!!!!

Managed just over 3 miles this morn - legs like lead and I'm sooooo tired - still I did it and I will persevere image( sorry for wobbly negative the other day but I WILL. Keep at it - I'm home now having done horsie before run - so I'm showered and had breakfast and thi gs seem better now lol

Well done Toby

Hope everyone ok

Ttfn Nessie x
  • Nessie. I just had a tough race....you've been having a tough time FOR AGES now and STILL you've kept at it. Your schedule is as punishing as any I've heard of so really, you should be exceedingly proud of yourself. Think how easy it would be to not bother. But I firmly believe that running - and all other forms of regular exercise, are as good for our mental health as our physical well being. And yes, we could have some really good natters and put the world to rights if we could run out together! Xxx
  • ffRAN well done to you it sound extremely tough and exhausting

• Lol Fran - if I ran with u - you'd have to do the nattering and I'd just nod every now and again cos doubt I'd be able to speak if I was at your pace!!!!!!

Just back from bringing horsie in image( weather awful again. I was planning to ride in the morn but she has an awful bruise on her heel - so will have to see if she's sound in the morn!!!!

Ness x
  • Morning all

Will be doing 8 miles again today weather depending they are forecasting sunshine and showers for down here if the weathers to bad will do the 4 mile run on the treadmill i had planned for Wednesday will be doing another 13 miler on Friday as i really need to see if i can cover the distance without struggling like last time hopefully it won’t be so hot this time

• Good morning everyone.

Another beautiful day here. I'm not sure whether my slightly sore hams are due to the race or the fact I worked really hard in the garden yesterday. There were a few nasty injuries in the race so a bit of soreness is getting off very lightly.

Off to work soon and I think I'll do my Body Pump class later.

What happened to my resolve to do more Pilates?

Good luck with the run, Toby - inside or out. Have you done the GNR before?

Hope Horsie ok, Ness.
  • ffRAN no this will be the first and looking at the £48 to enter last

• Well done ffRAN - a real toughie of a race and a runner!

• Toby, it was my first Half and it is absolutely fantastic! Really a brilliant event to participate in so well worth the cost if you can manage it. My son-in law promised he would propose to my daughter if I did it in under 2:15 - I can't begin to tell you what the pair of them are like - they have a light-hearted gamble about everything in their lives - the decision to try for a second baby was done by the number of times he can skim a pebble across the waves!

Hi Kev - thanks. did you run the Llanelli 10k yesterday? I was going to run it with my sister, who has now built up quite comfortable to running 7 miles every Sunday, but she had a dreadful chest infection, compounded by being out on the mountainside supporting me on Saturday. My running friend who's a GP ordered her not to race so I was let off the hook, too.

• Well 8 miles done weather was lovely sun was shining did the same 8 mile loop i did last week and for some unknown reason the Garmin telling me i was 5 minutes faster i have to put it down to the fact the sun was out or i did something wrong when i started the garmin

• Hey Toby - take it that you are getting better and better!!!
  • Hi you lovely bunch of runners!!!! Well I am back safe and sound from soggy Isle of Wight!!!! We enjoyed the week even though the weather tried its best to put us off!!!! No runnning over the week but did get out on Sunday, only a mile and it took 11.30 to run it but it wasnt unconfortable or anything. I am so happy I know I can run but I will not run again till later in the week, I do want to start slow. I am hoping i have time to ride my bike to the club tomorrow night, I think a good mix will help my return.

So much seems to have happened while I was away, Ffran running horrendous races, Nessie pushing herself and Toby running better and better and his OH getting quicker as well!!!!! Well doen to you all, especially considering the weather lately!!!!!!

Sorry this is a short post but I am totally knackered from a 350 mile drive on Sunday and a pig of a day at work, I will let you know what I get up to tomorrow night!!!!

• seejay glad you enjoyed your week away despite the weather sounds like a good plan building up slowly no point over doing it and hurting yourself