Options

Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Options
    Hi everyone sorry i havent been on but no phone for a while plus no running for me for a couple of weeks. Had limited movements and incredible pain in shoulders. Pain killers really made me ill hubby was told by doctor to call ambulance for me as i was in such a bad way. Waiting for x ray results . appetite been knocked for 6 with all this medication!!!!!!! Couldnt stay awake let alone go out anywhere so ive stopped the medication and gradually starting to feel a bit human again!!!!

Keep up the good work Fran-Seej and Toby x

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Nessie, lovely to hear from you again, thought another one had deserted the ship!!!!! So sorry to hear you are having so many problems, sounds a little like my wife, I forced her to retire at the end of March because of pains in her arms and shoulder from her job. Its no June and she is still suffering. She has seen a chiropractor and now seeing an osteopath I recommended and I think it is just starting to make a small difference!!! Just get back to health first before thinking of running again.

• Options

Sorry to hear you've been unwell Nessie.

Toby - a blow having the race postponed at such short notice.

Off to a Wedding today down in Oxwich Bay on the Gower - should be fun.

• Options

Seejay your right it's a little annoying more for the fact that the wife had got hers all worked up to do it

Nessie look after your self get well soon

Kev enjoy the wedding

• Options

Well I got out before the rain came heavy but when I got home the sun came out and stayed there all day!!!!!! image Anyway, it was a slightly quicker run today, distance 1.4 miles in 13:40, avge pace 9:33, I actually ran below 8.30 pace near the end so I think I will increase the distance a little next week. Need to get a few runs this week as I am going to British Grand Prix at the weekend and I probably wont get a chance there!!!!!

Kevin, I hope the wedding went well!!!!

• Options

<span style="color: #000000; font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;">Morning all

<span style="color: #000000;"><span style="line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; font-size: 11pt; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">Should be doing 8 today but will see what the weathers like as it’s been tipping down again all night i see there some great running going on

• Options
    Ha ha Seej im not deserting you all just yet!!!!! Was so out of it for past two weeks didnt even know what day it was!!!!! Anyway i went for a run this morn only my 3 mile route after i got horsie in - it was pouring down and it felt wonderful to be out -now i know how u must have felt Seej not being able to get out these past months but glad to hear youre getting back to it.

Hubby will be so jealous of u next weekend - he loves F1 - have a great time x

Ah Toby what a shame it was cancelled - glad they did a run anyway

Kev what a beautiful part of the country- went there when my boys little - gorgeous coast line hope wedding was good time

Hope everyone else ok

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Nessie glad to read your feeling better

• Options

afternoon all

well 8 wet and soggy miles done today have to say i struggled around this afternoon the rain was coming down quite hard when i set out so i had all my rain gear on wish i gone with my first choice of shorts and not running tights as i soon found i was getting to hot

hat was the first to come off then i had to un zip the jacket i think next time i go with just a t-shirt under it instead of the long sleeved top

i was a good 6 minutes slower this week than last which has proved to me i don't run as well in the rain when i wrapped up as the last time i ran it this slow was 3 weeks ago and it was also raining on that Monday as well and i went out with the same amount of running gear on

anyway the whole thing took me a disappointing 1:20:53 avg pace 9:51 m/m i was going to chicken out and do a short run on the treadmill but didn't want to be put to shame by the O/H who went out Saturday morning despite it tipping down so she could run with the daughter

• Options

Great wedding - quiet day today image

Looking forward to my plod tomorrow.

Toby - a 1:20 run is a good run irrespective of pace. There is a saying that the only run you should regret is the one you don't do.

• Options

Toby, dont know what happened to your post just before Nessie's but I thought it was in Latin or something, maybe its just my computer!!!!!! Anyway, dont let a slow run put you off, it was a run and you did the mileage, the time doesnt matter at the moment. Even if it is raining I usually try to go out in what I would usually run in but with a waterproof over the top. As you just found out you will sweat and overheat very quickly. Anyway just chalk it down as a bad day at the office and nothing more. Good news your OH is catching the bug!!!!

Nessie, great to hear you enjoyed your run again, it is always good to know you are still enjoying it!!! You should get hubby a present of a weekend at Silverstone for next years F1, they are not cheap but such a spectacle!!!!! When I am running a little further we must try to get a sunday run in at Bitton, I know Chris is up for it!!!!!

Kev, did the rain stay away for the wedding??? Good luck with tomorrows run!!

Well I had two bits of good news today, firstly I lost 5lbs in my first week on a diet and I ran 2 miles today, including three little inclines (ran 3 laps), in 20 mins and no ill effects. I am really pleased and hoping I will get some longer runs in soon!!!! Hopefully will cycle to the club tomorrow night and run again Wednesday. Might have to take my running gear to Silverstone for an early morning jog!!!!!

• Options

Cheers Seejay - yes the weather stayed fine which was fortunate for a beachside Marquee.

Glad to hear things are on the up for you.

• Options

sorry about the post i am having trouble at the moment every time i cut and paste from word i get all that coding it's a problem RW are supposed to be working on bur it seem without any luck i usually have to spend 10 minutes deleting it all to make the post more readable but that one must have slip through

Seejay well done on both the weight loss and the run

Kev  glad the wedding went OK and you had a good time

• Options

My planned run for last Thusday didn't happen image but the good news is I managed my first run last night after 40 days out of the saddle image 3.04 miles in 26:22 (ave 8:40). Legs felt good, but the pace was a bit quick for me. Time now to steadily increase the miles in readiness for the Bristol Half. I'm also down by about 49 miles on my target this year of 750 miles, so hopefully my half marathon training will help recover that.

I know SeeJay is back in the saddle now, so that's good news. Sorry I haven't had the time to trawl back through the posts to see what's happening with everyone else. Hope you're all good and running well! 

• Options

Afternoon all

well 4 done went out for a run today i must be getting tougher that's 2 days in a trot i been out running in the rain normally by now i would have retreated into the garage did what i said i was going to do clothes wise and went out in shorts and just a running vest and short t-shirt under my light weight jacket

and guess what i was still to hot oh well that's life i did how ever look like a drown rat when i got home any way the whole run took 35:28 Avg pace of 8:49mm so a little happier all though it's still 3 minutes slow than i ran it the last 2 times

off to the dentist in a minute so it's back out in the rain as the wife has the car at least it's only a 19 minute walk

• Options

Morning all

will be in the garage today as i shall be doing my planed gym session the thing that takes the most time when doing a gym session is deciding which DVD to watch at the moment it’s a tossup between Despicable me or 28 with Sandra Bullock

• Options
    Good going everyone - i did 29 min run this morn doing fartleck training - mYbe not as fast as all of u but only my 2nd run after 12 days and loads of medication!????(which i have stopped taking as it made me so ill)

Roobs has new housemate - picked up 8 week old rottie pup today we have called him Oscar. He is bred by my friend who bred Rooby and Oscars 2 year old brother who is Roobys best friend!!!!! And she plays with him lots as he only lives a 2 min walk from where we now live.

Will be interesting to introduce Oscar to his older brother!!!!

Plan a hill run on frjday if puppy sitting allows????

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Morning all

got the gym session done yesterday opted for Despicable me have a rest day to day then 7 or 8 miles on Friday

• Options

Life will be even busier now then Nessie.

It was lovely to get out in the dry last night for a change.

Seejay - enjoy Silverstone.

• Options

Another shortish run for me last night. I was aiming to run 4 miles but after 1.7 miles going out I had really painful stomach cramps (exactly the same as Monday, at the same point) so I turned back. Ran 3.4 miles in 30:08 (ave 8:52). Looking forward to steadily increasing the miles now. Aiming to be back up to 7 miles, averaging 8:45 by the end of the month......stomach cramps permitting, lol image

Hope everyone else is doing fine!

• Options

Happier bunny today ran the same route as Monday and glad to report it took me 1:15:35 which is 5 minutes faster than Monday raining here again today but still went out with just shorts, t-shirt and running vest left the rain jacket at home

• Options
    Sorry not to have posted. Please forgive me for not reading back- hope all ok.

I've been on my own all week as OH away on course, so full responsibility for dog walking etc and work very busy. So no computer time.

Will catch up later. Xxxx
  • Options

sort of caught up and congrats to those who are endeavouring beyond words to get back into it - you know who you are.

And well done to the tenacity and consistency throughout.

Seejay - I was quite a Formula 1 petrolhead in my time - did Brands Hatch and Silverstone year in + out and also Berlin and Monaco - a wonderful experience. But I really hope the weather didn't spoil things for you.

Great run yesterday - only 10 miles, but an out and back - in glorious sunshine may I say! A good negative split, despite the slight uphill, into the wind for the return and 8:24 for the last mile - 1:32 total.

I'm really excited - I've found a Speed session training group - tomorrow evening - organised by some really good, experienced runners. Watch this space!

• Options
    Hi everyone- i managed hill run on friday - so all in all 3 runs this week. Intended to run today but am so tired and loads of forms,post etc to go through - stuff ive been putting off for ages!!!!

Family over yesterday

Also today i had to bath horsie then shower rooby and finally myself!!!!! Shoulders now quite achey!!!!

New pup Oscar went to play with his 2 year old brother today and he had a bath as my friend is a dog groomerh aswell - so hes pretty tired tonight!!!

Will try to do more exercise next week

Ttfn nessie

Ps hope seej managed to get to silverstone
  • Options

Morning all

may well do another 8 miles today but shall see what i feel like when i get up my just do the 3 i have down on the training plan i made up well it's not exactly made up i use my marathon training plan but just cut all the runs in half

• Options

well i have to say that i was going to do just the 3 miles as to my shame i was feeling lazy so i gave my self a good swift kick up the bum told myself to stop being such a wimp and get out and do the 8 miles as i would only regret it if i didn't so 8 miles done only just a little slower than Friday but still a dam site better than last Monday

the whole run took 1:16:24 with an Avg pace of 9;18 so pleased with that as it getting towards the 8:50, 8:55 mark i want to get used to training at

• Options

Hi guys, well a terrible Silverstone for me, with the weather problems I decided to go thurs night instead of Fri morn and glad I did. They parked us in a boggy field and we had to carry everthing about 3/4 mile to pitch my tent, this meant about 4 trips and about 3 hours after arriving I finished and relaxed. Days work, 2 hrs drive and 3 hrs pitch I was pretty knackered. I was supposed to be in the quiet zone but firstly I smelt weed as I was pitching and at least 3 or 4 tents close by had music blaring, also the big top had live grpoups till near midnight so no peace or quiet. The field was damp and very soggy but quickly became muddy, on the Fri my chair broke so I utilised my cool box which then also collapsed. My wind up light wouldnt accept a charge and the soles of my only waterproof boots started to come off. Great to watch and hear the cars and some racing but mostly wet running. Showers where a good 1/4 mile walk away and queues about 30 mins for each one. By Saturday I had had enough, with the forecast of a wet race and my sole totally hanging off I broke camp and went home ariving at about 12.30pm!!!! I watched the race from a comfy setee, warm, dry and clean with an Old Speckled Hen in my hand!!!!! I do hope I can go next year in more favourable conditions!!!!!

• Options

I am doing two posts as usually if I do a long one it wont post and I lose it all!!!!

Well done Toby, training is coming along and even out in the pouring rain in proper running gear, I tend to do the same myself as I perspire a lot so still come back soaked!!!!

Nessie, well done, now getting 3 gallons into a 1/4 pint pot as usual!!!!! image Keep up the good work, hopefully we can get a Bitton run organised soon!!!

Ffran, there have been some beautiful evenings lately, even at Silverstone after racing the sky turned blue and the weather was typical summer, shame it hadnt been like that all the way through!!!! I loved the comeradery amoungst the spectators but there where a few reports of people loosing large amounts of moeny and tents being broken into during the night. Thats just unforgivable with 24 hr security onsite!!!!!

Chris, if those pains keep appearing I would get them checked out, once is bad twice is worse but three times I think its time to se doc!!! Anyway like you I must start to up my mileage for Bristol, I think I will just look for a finish and not a time.

Kevin, I did enjoy the F1 but the camping organisation was a joke, no on site security, at least they where on the gates but never patrolled the campsite and apparantly spent most of the weekend racing round the car park field on quad bike narrowly missing kids and adults alike!!!! If I can go next year I will seriously reconsider Woodlands thats for sure.

Hope I didnt miss anyone!!! I did my first run since Wednesday tonight, it was my usualy 2 mile in about 20 mins but tougher. That may have been the beers and wrong food over the weekend but its back to diet time now!!!!!

• Options

Sorry to hear all was not good Seejay - was thinking of you.

• Options
    Hi all.

Same as you, Kev, I was thinking of Seejay over the weekend, when I heard about the queues, rain etc. How are you and your family? Is your running along Llanelli front going well. We're trying to get into Pembrey for the w/e.

Seejay - i hope your feet have dried out after your weekend. Your times for the runs you are doing are getting faster, and you are extending your distances sensibly, so well done!

Toby- you are improving so much and seem to be running without niggles, so well done - a great Autumn of PBs are forecast.

CB- so sorry you are getting problems- must be very frustrating. But more to the point.... How was the wedding????

That Speed session last night was good. The guys that run it are from the Port Talbot Harriers so really know their stuff. I think it is going to be a valuable addition to my training.

Usual run out with my running group tonight.