Options

Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Options

Great to see you on the up again Seejay.

• Options
    Good going Seej - youre back no doubt now!!!

Yes did hill run on wedn

esday about 3.8 miles - had to walk/run hill though !!!!

Did 4.01 this morn before it gets too hot - tight hamstring prob due to cycle - trying to arrange massage to try to sort out a few twinges lol its an age thing no doubt!!

Hope everyone stays cool

Toby hope u on the mend?

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Thanks Kev, will see how things go over the next week or two, need to start upping my mileage!!!

Thanks Nessie, do you not use a roller for your hamstrings? I do them every morn and so far it is helping, time consuming though!!!! Good to see you are still getting the mileage in!!!

I will have to get rid on my Bristol Half number, I was reminded with a thump that I had double booked. I will be on my way to Belfast from early morning so rally cant be in two places at once!! image So disapointed, was looking forward to it!!!!

• Options

This has been my best run yet, 7 miles in 1:06, weather was warm but windy and it took a while for my knee to settle down but it felt good!!!!!! I just hope this is a good sign for the future!!!!!

• Options

Best run yet Seejay - since recovery or in general? Either way very well done.

• Options

Seejay sorry to hear you won't be at bristol again this year hope you manage to get rid of your place Ok

have to say i been a lazy sod today never woke up till 2.20pm image

• Options

Kev, I mean best run yet since my operation but very happy with it and so far today no ill effects!!

Toby, I am gutted, was so looking forward to running it, my own stupid fault for booking the ferry when I did. I think someone from my club will have it. Your lazy day is a sign your body needs the rest, you will come out of the blocks flying next time!!!!

• Options
    Seej thats really good no stopping u now!!! I have a roller but keep forgetting to use it! I must get more organised!!!!

Im ashamed to say i didnt run yest - i was really tired and just didnt want to????

Felt guilty about it sso this morn i did 40 min run - down steep hill for 1st mile then steady incline for next 2 miles then another steep uphill bit to home which i walk/ran. Suprisingly it all went well, when infact yesterday i was wondering if its really worth me bothering with this running malarky?????

Funny how it goes???

Toby hpoe your cold is better- maybe u needd that sleep in?

Hope everyone else ok and enjoying the cooler weather

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Afternoon all

Well first run done in a week only 3 miles but felt good to be out running again took it nice and steady no watch no iPod just went out to enjoy will stick t 3 milers this week maybe something longer on Friday just want to ease back into it

• Options

Nessie, I still sometimes forget but I try to use it every morning after my shower. At least you got out eventually and had a good run, thats what heppens sometimes, you think is it worth it until you try again and the bug bites again!!!!!

Good thinking Toby, always best to ease back after ilness!!!

• Options
    Hi there.

Great run Seejay. You've come a long way on this journey of recovery. Well done.

Good on you, Ness. It's in your blood now so you won't give up yet! Glad you're better, Toby. Hope all good with you, Kev and everyone else, too.

I've been keeping to my schedule all week. 17 miles done on Friday, as the Gang were arriving for the weekend and I didn't want to waste any time away from them.I ran with my very competitive friend - did a few miles to meet her, then a 13 mile loop. But she then took me on a "detour", UP a bloody huge mountain! I'd been on my feet for 14 hours solid the day before and had slept badly, so by the time I got back, I could hardly put one foot in front of another. Yet I still had to shower, clean and do a big shop before they arrived around 1pm. Made them lunch then we went out with the dogs and walked and paddled in river for few hours - thought I was Nessie, I was so busy! Speed session tonight - I love it, but weather very sultry so had abounding headache throughout.
  • Options
    Gang= number 2 daughter, husband, and grandchildren.
  • Options
    TownerTowner ✭✭✭

image.....evening.....Remember me??......

im sorry for being a bad boy, i will pay more visits to trhe thread in future....hope everyones well.

• Options
    Hi Towner. Lovely to hear from you! Was it you that was going to do Snowdon???
  • Options
    TownerTowner ✭✭✭

i wish ffRAN!.....no, my distance running days are gone unfortunately, im concentrating on Triathlon these days....(whisper it quietly but,..... im loving it too!)

• Options
    Wow! Really think its the way forward. My daughter is caught up with the Tri bug. She loves it too. Her swim is her massive strength and she's very courageous on the bike (I am a complete coward) and can run for ever. Me - I need stabilisers, a bell and one of those wheel flag thingies if I'm to go on a road !!!
  • Options
    TownerTowner ✭✭✭

its great, the bike is definately my strong point, i swim slightly worse than an overweight brick!....and the run is just a case of "doing what i can"...(still managed a 23 min run split over 5k on the last tri, so cant complain).....

• Options
    Run sounds brill - especially after the other 2! Well done.
  • Options
    TownerTowner ✭✭✭
    Yea im happy with that, my 5k pb (not in a tri) is 19.42 so, as you say, given the previous two diciplines, thats not too bad! image

Right im off! Promise to check in again soon!

Night ffRAN.
  • Options

morning all

well hopefully out for another run today have  now officially entered the Swindon H/M making the 4 in 5 weeks and 3 on the trot may well have to book some time off afterwards

• Options

Go for it Toby!

Enjoy with the gang ffRAN.

Nice to hear from you Towner image

Rain again image

• Options

Afternoon all

well 3 miles done again went out without the Garmin and iPod i was a little wetter today still went out in shorts but had to put my water proof jacket on as was taking no chances on a relapse as i seem to be finally shifting this cold to my shame i have had to have a nap both days after my run Oh well old age gets us all in the end

• Options
    Toby - that's called Naked Running. Might try it myself later. Just relaxing in lounge of gym before run. Work is an absolute mare at the moment so I am going for an easy one.
  • Options

Hey Towner, good to hear you are still in the world of physical exercise!!!!!! So pleased you have found a sport you enjoy and dont have to do too much running. I do enjoy cycling but my backside doesn't, I know its probably just not enough saddle time but I cant seem to find time for anything these days!!!!

Ffran, you seem to be getting nearly as busy as Nessie these days, dont know how you do it!!! Meant to ask, are you doing Cardiff and Swansea 10k's?

Toby, at least you are getting out and good luck with you half training!!!

Just 4miles at club tonight, took a small group of beginners out so it was slow with lots of turning back. Hopefully Thurs will be a little quicker.

• Options
    Good run, Seejay. Not doing either race. In London for my daughter's Tri on 23/9. It's also my birthday so would have loved to have been racing. Cardiff Half clashes with Marathon training.

Had a harder 7 mile run than intended, (competitive friend pushing pace). Not sure of pace but legs now sore.
  • Options

Just entered Christmas Cracker, Sunday 9th December!!!! image Hopefully I will be a little bit quicker than last year!

• Options

Ffran always good to have a little pressure from a friend!!!!!! image

• Options
  • Options
    Hi gang

Towner hey great going doing triathalons im soooooo impressed. Im liking my bike aswell and keep thinking at the back of my mind that cycling may be the new running for me when im too old and doddery!!!!!LOL - that should be anytime now??????

Im seroiusly (madly i know!!!!) Contemplating something big for 60th next May . It wont include water cos im a scaredy cat!! So watch this space!!!!

KIDS - dont ya just lovem????? Youngest lad text last night could i pick him up from train station at 9.15 this morn. Ok it was short notice but i got up early to juggle run - horse- dogs etc So did it all - showered did hair etc - washing machine loaded - quick bit of shopping done and Phew i was there at train station for 9.00only to recieve text from the dear boy saying - oh sorry mum wont be in tillt

12.15 !!!!!

Oh boy oh boy all that rushing about - bless him LOL

HOPE everyone has a quieter start to the day

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Afternoon all

3 miles done a lot earlier than i intended got home from work about normal time 3.30am wound down for an hour went to bed head hit the pillow my brain what there is of it went into over drive could not get off led there till 5am and gave up and went out for my run just 3 again today

Oh well at least i can sit here now this afternoon and watch the Olympics

Nessie kids can’t live with them can’t live without them what do you do with them